Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 483 Replies | Last Page

I suck at personals.

Torontochick -- sounds great! I thought more follicles might pop up!!

AFM, I was kidding in my last post about doing the turkey baster method, but my husband just told me that his back is still misery, so we didn't babydance last night, and he's worried about the rest of the week. So HE suggested the turkey baster method. Having said it in jest, now I'm wondering if it's really possible. Anybody have any ideas?

Maybe I'll post in the question section and see if I get any responses there.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Wow ladies, a lot going on!

Angel, prayers already said for you today! I'm so glad you got to go in early!

Essemkay, good luck with finding answers. I have no clue either!!

We have to remember that God is good. And in the middle of our pain (which we all seem to have right now) we still need to praise Him. It's hard. I have been feeling very anxious this weekend. Really thinking I'm pg. Woke up today and POAS (I'm 10 or 11 DPO). BFN! I thought for sure it would be a BFP (I even used First Response, an expensive one!). PLUS, I feel absolutely normal. Ugghh! I don't want to feel normal - I want to feel pain. At least then I can imagine a little baby inside of me. Now, my BBs are deflated, no pain in them, and I have no lower belly goings on. :-( But, I still thanked God for the hope He has given me, and I asked that He help me through this time. I haven't given up complete hope this month, but I feel so empty inside (literally), that I don't really think it's my month. I have 3 more days until AF is supposed to rear her ugly head, so I'll keep on keeping on, I just won't be as obsessed now.

User Image

11 years ago

well Dr's office called beta is 1.2 which is neg. I am so confused atm I just don't know what to think. Even the nurse who called me has no idea how or why this is happening. she did say it is rather rare but some women this can happen to and be pregnant. I really don't want to get my hopes up again, thinking that, plus with all my other kids, I always popped a positive a day or so before AF was due, so I don't think that would be the case now. So I have an appt on Oct. 9th to see what is going on and for the colposcopy, hopefully can figure something out as I now I am 2 days late for when I was to get AF for this mth. I am so confused and heartbroken right now, but I know that if it is in God's plans for us it will happen, but just may be not in the plan for us, and he has other plans for us. For now I need to focus on our blessings that He has already blessed us with.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

well Dr's office called beta is 1.2 which is neg. I am so confused atm I just don't know what to think. Even the nurse who called me has no idea how or why this is happening. she did say it is rather rare but some women this can happen to and be pregnant. I really don't want to get my hopes up again, thinking that, plus with all my other kids, I always popped a positive a day or so before AF was due, so I don't think that would be the case now. So I have an appt on Oct. 9th to see what is going on and for the colposcopy, hopefully can figure something out as I now I am 2 days late for when I was to get AF for this mth. I am so confused and heartbroken right now, but I know that if it is in God's plans for us it will happen, but just may be not in the plan for us, and he has other plans for us. For now I need to focus on our blessings that He has already blessed us with.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

I'm so sorry, angel197088

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

I'm sorry Angel, but maybe like the nurse said could still be a yes. You're right though, trust God, through the good, the bad, & the downright ugly! We don't know what He has planned and just because we don't understand right now doesn't mean that there isn't something better coming our way. (((hugs)))

Lauren User Image

11 years ago

Angel- i am so sorry, I cannot imagine what you are going through. I will keep praying for you!

Faithbarnes- I stand with you believing that God is good and has a plan. It's just hard being patient sometimes..:)

Toronto- Such great news!!! Back in 2006 I had 2 embies and a 5dt and both stuck!!! I am hoping the same for you!!!

Treats- I'm so sorry....I totally thought I was for sure pg last month and the month before!. I swore I wouldn't show DH anymore hpt's because I kept getting faint pos or evaps I'm not sure. He has been getting frustrated with the let down. I am 2 dpo right now and just not going to stress him out with the tests this go around. I will wait until af shows or no shows to test. I will keep you in my prayers. I have a friend whose mom had her when she was 47! and another who had her little boy at 45 and a good friend just had a little girl at 46!

essemkay- we "turkey basted" the month after I had my TR in March....

sorry if I missed anyone

afm- 2 dpo after positive opk for almost 3 days....I am honestly not obsessing this month and if i get a BFN this month I am going to shift my focus....We are very blessed and as bad as I would like to have one/two more babies, it is causing stress in my marriage and my family. My step daughters are difficult and it would be even harder with a new baby. They are spoiled and jealous as it is...I don't want to give up, but I want to stop obsessing.....and temping and charting....I would really like to get back in shape and lose some weight..maybe 20 pounds...I am going to wait and see how this cycle plays out and then take a break. But I will keep up with and keep praying for you all....:)

User Image

11 years ago

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

Swimom-honestly I am so confused and heartbroken that I just don't know what to think atm. I have been in tears all day, since I got the results. so pretty much in hiding in our room, so the kids just think I'm not feeling well. Hubby is also at his wits end and wants to stop trying, because of how it is affecting him and also myself. I just don't know that I am ready to just give up. I know I had already got to the point of where I couldn't tell hubby when I was fertile because he felt to pressured. So I'm thinking if we do go on to try again, no more early testing (although 2 mths late, I guess wouldn't be considered early) and I'm not breathing a word until I have a blood test to confirm. that is if we still have a chance at trying. Since now there is also a possibility of cervical cancer. so at least until after my tests in Oct. we will not be trying, because I don't know that I could make the decision that would need made if I get pregnant and then find out that I have that. So I'm kind of thankful that this happened or we wouldn't of known anything was wrong until next yr at my next pap.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Wow angel, I'm so sorry thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay positive I know its hard everything will work out god has a plan for all of us.

11 years ago

Oh, angel, I am sorry very sorry to hear your sad news. I hope you will have a thorough check up at the doctor's very soon so you can get this resolved. I hope that it's nothing as serious as cervical cancer, let's just hope its premenopause and you had an anovulatory cycle... Sometimes women go without af for months if they are unovulatory.

essemkay... Get a steril pee cup (from a drugstore or pharmacy). Do you still have syringes from your IVF treatments? Those will do. It's less fluid than you think ;) Well, the rest is self-explanatory. It would not be like an IUI, but rather like bding. To help keep the swimmers in, use on of those cervical caps used for af (instead cup??)

Try googling "home insemination".

Good luck!!

Praying for you!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo