Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

381 - 390 of 483 Replies | Last Page

praying for your kids pix! I just know that was sooo scary!

Toronto! Yeah! Happy heartbeat! So happy for you!

Everyone else with BFP's I'm hugging you too.,..
I'm a little out of it, just got back from being out of town with like 11 kids at the lake....whoa nelly!

AFM-AF started 4 days early, oh well. I felt heavy pms and cramps a few days ago. It's ok though....I'm a little down, but ok. Curious if dr. will start taking a different approach this cycle, so far, all he has said is "be patient". Ok, well, I'm 43, it's hard to be patient!!!! Considering taking this month off...will see what dr. suggests and go from there.

Really enjoying catching up with all the good news on here. Welcome new people! Lot's of great ladies on here!

User Image

11 years ago

pixandpoetry, sending good healing thoughts to your kids

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Pix, oh this is terrible what happened to your kids! Unimaginable to get that call to hear they were in an accident. I am so sorry about the pain and anxiety. I hope they will get better soon... I am very sorry.

Swimmom, sorry to hear that the witch showed up 4 days early. What a bummer :(
Hmm, you should maybe push your doc a little. "Being patient" at 43 is likely not getting you far as chances are diminishing. (Unless you have that genetic "mutation" that makes your 43-year old ovaries act much younger than they are... sigh). Good luck with your next cycle!

Essemkay... Are you going for another IUI right away? Hug!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Pix---oh no, my thoughts and prayers are with your family, and for a healing in your kids. (((HUGS)))

Essemkay & Swimmom--sorry to hear this cycle is bust. hang in there, (((HUGS)))

AFM--still managing to relax and just enjoy being with the hubby no timing the bd'ing just going with it and just enjoying being with each other, ok well maybe a lil bit timing, but he doesn't know :) CD11 and monitor still high, looks might be a bit later this month, since i usually peak on cd 11 &12. so will just see what happens :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hello All!
This is my very first time actually logging in and posting a comment. I just thought this might be a good way to find people going through the same thing. I'm on my second marriage and wanted 1 MORE... I was always very fertile so I never worried about it.. but now I'm 41 and my husband had a vasectomy reversal 4 years ago... His count is average but his motility isn't great.. in any case, we've tried 3 rounds of IUI, one round of IVF and nothing has worked. I just learned about PreSeed and am now entering the TWW after a round of Clomid days 3-7 and PreSeed. I also am taking a supplement called Fertile CM.. has anyone heard of it? It's supposed to increase your CM... Anyway, I should be about 7 DPO and am experiencing mild symptoms but it could be AF symptoms too.. mild cramping, sore nipples, exhaustion, bloating..
Nothing that points me to BFP but I'll always remain hopeful!
Any advice anyone can give, or any success stories that will boost my confidence...
I don't want to believe it's too late for me. I just am not ready or able to face that reality!!!

11 years ago

Torontochick, I'm not certain what we're going to do. My nurse had a family emergency and my doctor is out of town, so all I got today was the bad phone call from some unknown woman officially telling me that I'm not pregnant. Fun times. Anyway, I hope to do another cycle right away - but I want to see if there's anything we can do to lower the number of blood draws (I had 6 this last cycle and aside from that being crazy spendy, it's really hard on my physically) and if we can add ganirelix or cetrotide to keep me from ovulating on my own.

Welcome, Petersmom!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Pix, I am so sorry to hear about your kids. Wow, that's so sad. :-(

Petersmom, welcome to the group. I am 40.5 and my husband had a vasectomy reversal 17 months ago. We never had his semen analyzed and were trying to go by faith that it would all work out. I did get in tune with body (finally, only a few months ago) and decided to cut out all alcohol, caffeine and aspartame. I also added supplements which I have listed in previous posts (let me know if you'd like me to list them again) and I bought an OPK (Ovulation predictor kit). I ovulated a couple of days sooner than I thought (I'm a 28 day cycle always). I also use PreSeed and started being more generous with it the last couple of cycles.

So, tomorrow I will be 6 weeks! I really believe God is first and foremost the reason, but I also believe He wanted me to take control of my body...

I hope this helps encourage you.

-faith

User Image

11 years ago

essemkay---again so sorry hun, hopefully this cycle will be the one for you ((((HUGS))))

petersmom--I am a firm believer there is always hope, but needs to be in God's timing when it is right :) my husband had a vas reversal in 2010, at 41,I was pregnant with our 18mth old 2 mths later, wasn't even expecting it. I had an er visit for a horrid migraine when they came in to tell me I was pregnant. I have always been pretty fertile, right before that pregnancy I was diagnosed with lupus, but we did it and wasn't even trying tht mth as hubby was recovering from the reversal, that mth we on BD'ed maybe 2 times, wasn't tracking anything, but yep it happened and our lil guy is 18mths old. We also would like one more so he has a sibling closer to his age, we have been ttc since march, but i believe it just isn't God's timing yet, I have some health issues, not to mention weight that I am working on. I strongly believe sometimes God's Plan may not be what we want or his timing. But I am believing that if it is in His plan it will happen in His timing not ours :) Good Luck, hoping this is it for you as well. you will be in my thoughts and prayers :)

Faith--Great to see that you are doing well (((HUGS)))

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts. My daughter, Kylie, is home now with a broken fooot in a lovely blue cast. Jared, my 12 year old son, is still in the hospital, but the surgery went well and the muscle tear and herniated intestines are repaired. He is starting to eat some jello and to sit, stand and walk to the bathroom. Sorry if thats TMI, but I am so proud of him! Only 2 days after surgery!

I wish you all tons of and to those of you in the TWW!!

AFM - been at the hospital a lot, still trying to squeeze in some ing. CD 15 Almost +OPK yesterday so probably O today. Luckily I get to go home later for a while.Thanks again for all your prayers.

11 years ago

Pix--good to hear that your kids are doing good :) will continue to keep y'all in my prayers. ((((HUGS)))))

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo