Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 483 Replies | Last Page

Good for you treats. Lovely to hear some good news :). Mines not so good however. 3dpo and temp has already dropped. Not looking like the vitex/Bf or progesterone cream has helped this month. I'm gutted. This is cycle 9 and I'm not sure I can continue with the dissapointment. Its heartbreaking :(

Best wishes to all you ladies still trying x

User Image

11 years ago

Torontochick - Thank you so much for that information! I read up and I think I'm confident to continue DHEA and COQ10. I'm not having any adverse reactions, so here's to another round. AND, congratulations!! That sounds like exciting news! Could there be multiples then???

Angel - You're a very positive woman. Way to be there for your DIL. I'm not sure that I could handle that. But, it is a baby...

Essemkay - I hope you got some good little swimmers!!

AFM - This is our 14th round of TTC, so trying not to lose faith. But, it wasn't until recently that I really did research about ovulating, etc, so I will only count truly TTC at 6 months. Now on to the graphic stuff that's happening with my body. I'm on CD 3. AF is really powerful this month. Meaning, my flow is extremely heavy and clotty. Last night for the first time since I was a teenager, my tampon failed while I was sleeping. I got up at 3am to soaked (with blood) pajamas. I put in a new tampon and changed clothes, and woke up again to soaked bottoms. Here is where it gets graphic... So, I removed the heavily soaked plug and while tinkling, I heard a kerplunk. My body is expelling clots (and lots of them). But, I have no pain at all. So, I chalk it up to the supplements doing their jobs by increasing my uterus lining. I'll keep an eye on it today (and wear a tampon and a pad!!) just to make sure I'm not losing too much blood, but I honestly feel great!

So here's to a healthy uterus for this month!

-Faith

User Image

11 years ago

treats-that is awesome that you have all that support from friends/coworkers. many prayers for you :)

number3-I have been in your shoes many times, it is very difficult. sometimes just need to take a break and regroup. and get back up on the horse when your ready to try again if that is an option. honestly sometimes when you quit trying so hard, it seems to happen when you least expect it. that is how we have our youngest lil man, the mth we conceived him I truly didn't think it was going to happen, as we BD only maybe twice the whole mth, and I actually conceived him the last day of AF. Go figure :) and he is now a happy healthy 17mths, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers (((HUGS))) Also not sure how long you have been taking those supps, but I do believe I have seen that they can take up to 3 mths to take full affect.

Faith-Thank you I do try to stay positive and not focus so much on the hearbreak, and that we have been blessed many times over. If it is in God's plan for us it will happen, if not then I need to keep my focus on him and his plan for us. Sometimes what we WANT isn't necessarily what is in his plan for us, as hard as that is to accept, I know I must and be thankful for what he has blessed us with. Although I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly jealous especially knowing her and my son's situation, and how young they are, and still wanting to go to college. I got to be with them yesterday through the appt, luckily when I was at the point of about to break into tears, my lil guy was rather rambunctious and gave me the excuse to go wait in the car for them. I feel horrible for even having those feelings, but I know I will be there for them and get to help raise our grandbaby :)

AFM: I do believe that something is about to happen, I do believe you might be onto something Toronto as my temp took a huge nose dive this morning and am cramping so bad I have been doubled over a few times. So do believe that AF is at my doorstep about to blast me at any moment,ugghh. hoping if it does that i'm done by monday so I can have the colposcopy and biopsy done. Also took another test, and test line is extremely faint if even there at all.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Keep us updated, angel. Sending warm thoughts your way.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

well, my husbands aunt just passed away, had the funeral today, and due to AF making her explosive entry, I had to reschedule my appt. for Oct. 1st. so will go from there, and see what happens.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Wow Angel, I'm so sorry to hear of her passing and AF. :-( Double whammy. Now maybe October will be a clean slate for you. You are one tough gal!

AFM - I'm on CD 5. AF came in full force (as you may have cringing-ly read in a previous post), but now she's slowed down a lot - more like spotting on this 5th and final day. So, I"m going to time my BDing right (if that's possible) and see what the big O brings this time around. Last month it was ridiculously huge BBs (they're gone with AF!!!). I'm going to buy more OPKs. It might be too late to order on line. I hesitated b/c I had hoped that I would get a BFP and wouldn't need them for a year or so, so I held off. :-( I'm hopeful the Dollar Store variety works just as well.

I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there.

User Image

11 years ago

Angel - I am so sorry for your loss. Here's hoping you will have good news for your family in the near future!

Faith - You and I are cycle buddies. I am also on CD5 and am getting geared up for another fun month of . I too was hoping not to need those OPK's but apparently someone up there had other plans! Best of luck to you, I'm on my 2nd cycle of clomid, 3rd pill tonight!

Number3 - hold on to your hopes and dreams, as the old saying goes, good things come to those who wait. And we are all playing the waiting game with you! You are not alone, I have been trying for over 2 years. Others on here just as long or longer. There is always hope!

Toronto - How are things going? keep us posted! and !

AFM - CD5 taking 3rd clomid pill tonight, round 2, hoping this is the charm! Good luck everyone!! Hoping for lots of 's!

11 years ago

Angel, so sorry for your loss thoughts and prayers to u and your family.

Today I went for sono on cd10. Had 5 folic, 2 at 20 2 at 16 and
one at 14. They are doing the IUI tomorrow at noon cause I had my lh surge this morning, hope it works out this time.. ;) good luck to all and god bless.

11 years ago

Oh! fantastic Deyzer!! Extra good luck to you!! I'll keep my for you!!

11 years ago

deyzer- lots of prayers that all goes well, and get that BFP!! :)

Thanks to all of you for the support and prayers. It was definitely a double whammy and a long week. The timing of AF was really stinky, especially after almost 2 mths late, then BAM. Geez could the timing be any worse, since my nerves are just a wreck worrying about the progression of the dysplasia and wanting to get the biopsy done and know what is going on. But I guess at the least, sadly but hopefully Toronto was onto something in regards to a possible blighted ovum or missed m/c. atleast I know am breathing a bit better rather than worrying about the possibility of the false possitives being due to possible cervical cancer, because now my tests are clearly neg. now. I'm right behind y'all on cd 3 now. unfortunately to some in the family a BFP won't be good news for them, because some of them seem to think my uterus and vagina are their business, lol

Toronto-been thinking alot about you, you have been in my thoughts and prayers. how are you doing?

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo