Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

251 - 260 of 483 Replies | Last Page

Hi,
I must be the oldest group member here ;)
I am 49 years old and in the 2ww. This was not exactly planned but I have had 4 pregnancies before and I have a lot of the tell tail symptoms. The most remarkable one is the increase in breast size.
This morning I woke up with a back ache.
I am not going to test until Tuesday the 2nd since that is when I would expect my period.
Thanks for the welcome!
Susan

11 years ago

Welcome, momof4kids!

Appointment went pretty well. Left ovary was hiding, so I have 6 antral follicles on the right and at least 2 on the left. I have to wait for the call telling me I'm not pregnant (hate that call) and I start shooting up tonight. Next scan is Tuesday.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay... Wow, I am impressed how many follies you still have. That is pretty good!! You have a decent AMH, too, so definitely not DOR!!

FX!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Yeah, the nurse said today that looking at my ovaries and blood work, she would think I was 10-15 years younger than I am and that's why they think I have a good shot with IUI. I asked again what happens if my unexplained infertility is that my eggs are just too tough, but she said there's simply no way to tell that without IVF and at my age, they wouldn't even try to find that out, they'd just automatically do assisted hatching (they do it for everybody over 38). But since I did have a natural pregnancy before (chemical), they feel even if I do have eggs with thick shells, I also seem to have ones with penetrable shells, so they're not worried about it.

So I'm feeling a teeny bit more hopeful that I'm not just blowing thousands of dollars on a pipedream.

I also asked her what my doctor's opinion on natural IVF is and she said they don't do it at all -- she pointed me here: http://www.shadygrovefertility.com/newsletter/differences-between-natural-cycle-and-traditional-ivf

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!!! Means more to me than you will ever know!!!!!! Just know Im always checking on you all and praying for you all even if Im not posting much!!!!! Xoxoxoxo.

User Image

11 years ago

toronto--so did ya poas this morning? praying you get a good beta tomorrow ((((HUGS))))

essemkay--great to hear. many prayers going up for you that this cycle is successful for you (((HUGS)))

Swimmom--you are very welcome, continuing to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers ((((HUGS))))

AFM--so far things look good with temp, and BD'ing timing. 3dpo today. now just to get through Monday for the colposcopy and if he decides to do a biopsy. which the dr. said would b safe to do if I have conceived, as I would be 5dpo and too early to test. so hoping and praying that it all turns out ok. trying to not stress too much about it, considering my past history and the fast progression of the dysplasia last time. ughghh.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hello all, can I say wow a lot has been going on. 1st I would like to say Congrads to all u bfp!! And good luck to all trying to get those bfp!!

I've been kinda hiding out in my own mind, I am 12dpo and got a big fat neg this morning... I am sooo mad and at the point where I wanta give up!!! We have been trying for 4 years for our 1st. So needless to say I don't think the IUI worked.. I am not due for af until Thursday I have been having mild cramping from 7dpiui bbs are a little sensitive.

11 years ago

deyzer--hang in there hun, it's not over until the ugly witch rears her ugly head. (((HUGS))) Prayers going up for you.

AFM--well today is the day, in bout an hour I go to get my colposcopy and biopsy done. As usual being me, anxiety is through the roof, assuming the worst. So just trying to put it all into God's hands and let him bring us through this, and accept w/e his plan is for us.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Good Luck Angel....thinking of you xx

User Image

11 years ago

Good luck, angel! I hope they don't find anything, but if they do, that it can be fixed during the colonscopy and that you get a clear bill of health!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo