Community post

Discussion

November 2015 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For us women having trouble conceiving the natural way....YAY IUI and IVF!

312 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

271 - 280 of 312 Replies | Last Page

Thanks ladies!

8 years ago

Awesome news I<3kids :)

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

8 years ago

HI Ladies,

Glad you are all still here.

Sad news: I miscarried yesterday. I had insane cramping and bleeding starting at 2:30am Went to the ER at 5am. Had an u/s - fetal distress and dropping heart rate. They recommended a D & C because of all the blood I was losing and pain I was in (they said essentially it was like labor pain). I am sad. But I am also glad to know I can still get pregnant. That is positive. So I guess we will try again in a couple months.

Any ladies that want to share positive stories of pregnancy after a miscarriage or loss, I will take any hope I can get.

Happy Holidays to all of that celebrate! I celebrate Chrsitmas and intend to enjoy it with my beautiful daughter and maybe steal a little of the magic of the season to pick me up.

8 years ago • Post starter

Oh Bens, I am so terribly sorry.

In my life I have had 3 miscarriages, two just last year. I am pregnant now. My very first pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I went on to have a few children after that. My oldest child died at age 12 just over 2 years ago. He would be 15 this January.

There is always hope.

8 years ago

Hey ladies!
Yes it has been busy - maybe the holidays have gotten everyone preoccupied a little - which isn't a bad thing!

2moms - that's a great plan fingers crossed. I think we will be in the same boat at u expect they call it a mini ivf or super ovulation at our clinic. I will be doing femara and gonal-f. When are you expecting your next cycle

Jes -i hope you can enjoy your holidays. None of our siblings have kids and all of us are trying with no luck - what are the odds!

Basia - Hard to believe how far you've come. Before you were pregnant. Did you every picture yourself preggers. I have a hard time visualizing such a miricale. I dream of it but on a regular basis its hard to believe a human can grow inside of u!!

Keth - that's so exciting! Did you get a picture?

Chaff - Is it a problem if she's breeched? I feel like you still have 12 weeks for a flip but i don't know much. I guess by a certain point they want her in positin?

Shan - Glad everything is going good! Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound

Baby - its nice to hear you are getting a faint line now. 2016 will be our YEAR!

I<3 - yay!!! that's great! any pics?

AFM - I'm offically 30years old now and ovulated a few days ago. I went to the clinic on friday and had 1 at 16 so they wanted to see me daily at that point. I made my appointment for the next morning but i woke up and just said F*** it! Its the holidays they are just going to tell me i'm going to ovulate I know my schedule. I'm going to do it on my own this month and not do it because i have too. And you know what (TMI) but we had 3 nights of great amazing BDing! It felt so natural and it felt like it was suppose to feel not pressure or anything. Now in the 2 week wait. As I said its the holidays and it was my birthday so I drank, i relaxed and trying not to think about it so I stayed off the boards for a bit.

However, if it doesn't work this month then we are starting, femara, gonal-f, HCG, then IUI and prog. SO it will be an intense cycle. The good news is that in Ontario the government is now funding fertility. All IUIs will be covered under our health plan and they will cover one IVF for women under 43 but you have to pay for drugs/storage. The issues is there's a limit how much each clinic can do and apparently the waiting list is already ridiculous!

Well 1 more day before christmas eve, hope everyone has a wonderful christmas or holiday or a day off if you don't celebrate. Here's to ending the year off on a positive note. May 2016 be great to all of us! xo

Me: 30 DH:32 TTC since Oct 2014 Dec 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy Diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis on synthroid 75mcg 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - (April, June, July) Laparoscopy in July 2015 - mild endometriosis, lots of scar tissue 4 rounds of femara with TI - (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) Jan, Feb 2016 - super ovulation cycle/overlap - femara/gonal-f with trigger/back to back iui/progesterone - March/April - break from it all May - femara and TI intercourse - one last chance - BFN June - IVF prep month July - IVF!!!

8 years ago

oh bens! I'm so sorry, as I was typing mine up, your post came up
I have no words of advice as I haven't been there other then chemical but cry when you need to -take it on your timeline and do what feels like for you not what others tell you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!

Me: 30 DH:32 TTC since Oct 2014 Dec 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy Diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis on synthroid 75mcg 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - (April, June, July) Laparoscopy in July 2015 - mild endometriosis, lots of scar tissue 4 rounds of femara with TI - (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) Jan, Feb 2016 - super ovulation cycle/overlap - femara/gonal-f with trigger/back to back iui/progesterone - March/April - break from it all May - femara and TI intercourse - one last chance - BFN June - IVF prep month July - IVF!!!

8 years ago

There are no pictures. The technician didn't even talk to me. They can't say anything about what they see. I had to wait for the report to be sent to the dr for it to be released and then told to me what they saw. It will change when I get to my midwife.

You have the best attitude, Hoping!!! I hope it is just what you needed!

8 years ago

SOOOO sorry to hear about your loss Bens I'm glad to hear you are trying to stay positive. I told my husband had we had a miscarriage I would take some solace in knowing the baby wouldn't have survived or wasn't viable. It's so hard though, I couldn't imagine.

It's okay that she's breech for now, the doctor said they wouldn't start to get concerned until 34 weeks then they'd have to start thinking about alternatives. I'm sure she'll turn, she's just comfortable and sooo stubborn.

User Image

8 years ago

Bens, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I see you are trying to be positive on the note that at least you know that you can get pregnant, but I also know it's still devastating. But, there is hope! My first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage then I went on to have 4 perfect babies! When I suffered that miscarriage, my doctor told me to wait for a certain period of time before trying again to let my uterus heal so that when I did get pregnant again, it's ready to carry and support the pregnancy. I waited the allotted time and bam! I got pregnant immediately and carried him to his due date when I went into labor on my own. He was a healthy 8 lbs 15 oz and 22 inches long :-)
Not sure how much truth there is in this, but I have read and been told that for some reason your body reacts and gets pregnant quicker and easier after a miscarriage, so hopefully it's true and that happens for you! HUGS!!

Chaffins, good luck on baby flipping on time! I don't think there will be any issue with it. Many of mine didn't flip until 36 weeks :) they do what they want, when they want to LOL How are you feeling?

8 years ago

Bens - I am so sorry girl. We are all here for you. I got pregnant first time with my first IVF but lost baby early at 5 weeks (they called it a chemical), now I am 28 weeks pregnant (via second IVF). I was not far with the first one but I was still devastated when all the hormones dropped and I started to bleed few days later. I will keep you in my prayers - you and your family. If you need anything we are here for you.

Hoping and Praying - I don't know why but since I was a teenager I was always scared of finding out that I can't have children. There was no reason for it but it just always scared me. When it turned out we had issues I was scared it would not work out for us. I was willing to do egg adoption (which we clearly did not need bc I had a lot of eggs); do surrogate or adopt. My DH really wanted his biological child - I was ok with having a child any possible way. I had a feeling IUIs will not work for us - but when the first IVF failed I shut down a bit. I think acupuncture helped me with calming down and getting ready for the next IVF. My belly is big now and sometimes I look down on it and I am hoping I am not imagining it - afraid that I will wake up one day and find out it was a dream. I am petrified still of losing this baby or having a stillborn baby. I am afraid of having this child and caring for him. I just want a healthy baby in 11-12 weeks.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo