Community post

Discussion

IUI Success stories

Hi everyone,

I NEED to hear som IUI Success stories. I am going to have my procedure in a few days from now. This process has been so emotionally difficult, I need to hear IUI success stories...

Share if you can!!!

13 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Replies | Last Page

Hey! No success story just yet, but I did mine this morning. I will go in for a 2nd IUI tomorrow. Baby dust to you!

12 years ago

Hi. No success story with me yet either, but I just had my 4th attempt at donor IUI on the 17th August and am on the dreaded TWW :(

How did your IUI's go - any ?

to you all!

Katy - married to Iain since 25th June 2003 TTC #1 since Jan 2003 User Image

12 years ago

Hi, i have had no success yet either. I am on my 2nd round. 1st one resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Just had 2nd IUI done on 5th Aug, on day 16 past IUI now and neg test this morning again.........so just waiting waiting, Have feeling not worked, so roll on AF and next appointment :/
Would love to keep track of you all as i think i really need to hear about a success. I don't know anyone that has been through or going through IUI so would be nice to find out how you are all doing with it.....I find it stressful and the TWW torturous. Good luck.

12 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Well since I originally posted that, I got my BFP.

It took me 3 IUI's, but it finally worked.

I started to believe that IUI's didn't work, though I couldn't understand how they DIDN'T work. I mean it seems like it should work right away.

But I had at least 3 mature follicles on the day of the IUI. DH's sperm looked great (where previously we were told he had low motility). I got it done and went home and put pillows under my hips and stayed that way ALL day. Pretty much. Also, I got one tip from someone else to have sex that night and to make sure you have an orgasm. Apparently female orgasm isn't just about pleasure, apparently it helps move those spermies up to where they are supposed to go.

So we did all that, and it worked for us. I don't know if any of that has to do with our success, but either way, it worked.

Don't give up!

12 years ago • Post starter

That's fantastic news Bens10, !!

I was starting to think that this would never work, but hearing your success has really motivated me to stick with it.

Did you know it had worked straight away - did you have any early signs? I've been feeling VERY tired and more emotional than normal, with backache, dizziness, twinges, slight nausea and my boobs are really tender and sensitive (but as I'm only 5DPO, I'm wondering whether these symptoms are just wishful thinking, rather than anything else).

and & to everyone!

12 years ago

Hi katy,

To be honest, I knew it worked very early on. I started to think it may be working 3 dpo. But obviously not sure.
But the days following that, my uterus was very crampy which never happens to me. ( i don't get menstrual cramps) so that was my first sign. But then I got very bloated and gassy. I also came down with a sinus infection. I didn't get tired or sore bbs until this past week. But I think some women get that.

I just had a really good feeling very early on. I will say though, for your mental health, I would wait as long as you can to POAS. 12DPO, I called my NP and asked if I could come in for a blood test. It came back positive. That same day, though, I got a negative urine tests. I didn't get a positive until days after my missed period.

I will keep my for you... keep me posted!!! Your symptoms seems positive!!!

Jaimie

Thanks Jaimie, I'm keeping a PMA but I'm really not sure whether it's worked this time or not!

I'm going back to the fertility clinic next Tuesday for a blood test, and will try and be good and not test at home before then!

I'll keep you posted

Katy

12 years ago

Yeah, keep me posted!!!

congratulations Bens10 :)
My AF came on 3 days ago so here we go again 3rd round of IUI. I was beginning to think that too, cant understand why it's not working, but early days i suppose. So it's good to hear good news re the IUI worked for someone. Fingers crossed we are 3rd time lucky too :) all the best.

12 years ago

Think positive!!!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo