Community post

Discussion

After a preemie

Hi Everyone,

I have officially started my TTC #2 journey after having a preemie due to preeclampsia. Anyone else out there in the same situation? I would love to have someone else to talk to about all the fears and hopes I have around having another pregnancy!

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi I had pre eclampsia and hellp syndrome. I delivered at just under 30 weeks my little zoey was 1 lb 11 oz when she was born. Now a healthy 5 year old. Been trying for 2 since Aug of last year got preg gers right away. Then had and 11 week miscarrige...and 2 emergency d&c I didn't want them but not really any choice. Had to wait a while trying again since Jan had a chemical pregnancy that cycle and can't seem to get pregnant now I have never had trouble but I try to stay optimistic. I know what your going through. Fear. All I know is loosing my baby is the hardest thing I have ever done.my fear isn't will I carry full term or will they catch it in time. Mine is will I ever have another baby to have that fear for. If I get there there will be fear but I know there's another little baby out there for me.
Anyways I'm here if you need to chat.
Where are you in your cycle? I am 8 dpo today.hope all is going well.
And I did a lot of research on pre eclampsia and taking a baby asprin a day can help ttc and chance of not getting it again.

9 years ago

My DS was born at 31w5d (at 3lb 15oz!).. but it was for other reasons. I, too, fear that it may happen again, but this time around things will be a lot different and I will take FAR BETTER care of myself and be mindful of staying off my feet this time!

Just because you had an issue with blood pressure the first time around, doesn't mean it will happen a second time. Every pregnancy is different.

9 years ago

My youngest was a premie (35w1d) and weighed 6.6lbs. He was a chunky premie. I'm a little concerned, OK A LOT concerned about if it's possible for me to carry full yerm. I always end up on bed rest at some point in my pregnancy because of early labor. My middle son I went into labor at 24w3d. Thankfully they were able to stop my labor and slapped me on extreme bedrest. I had him at 36w. Luckily with him there was no NICU timr. With my youngest we were in NICU for 8 days. He was born purple. They had to resuscitate my youngest immediately after he was born. Spent some time on a ventilator, moved to nasal cannula, then was off oxygen fully. We had issues with jaundice and him maintaining his temp.

So there is a lot of concern about whether I'm capable of even carrying full term.

We all need a baby dust fairy to sprinkle it around. A sprinkle here. A sprinkle there. SPRINKLES EVERYWHERE. *****BABY DUST*****

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo