Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 6

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies who have been trying to conceive and are now giving Clomid a try. Feel free to share anything you want and don't worry about TMI, we've heard it all! Baby dust!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

336 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 336 Replies | Last Page

Lisserb- Jeesh, I feel silly, I misunderstood then. I thought they considered 60 million low! Lol, I was thinking, man, if only they knew my husband lol. That makes more sense then. Although, 26 million is fabulous considering! I have DH on almost every kind of vitamin known to man, even some not known lol, and he's been on them for about 4 months or so, so I'm just waiting for them to kick in. How long till you saw results? Your DH seems to have great volume which is something my DH does not have so we're working on it. What discourages me is that his count fluctuates so much. It's been anywhere between 3 million- 18 million post wash.
I'm going for my IVF consultation on Monday and I'm optimistic about it now. I don't like the cost but the stats at my clinic are about 46% which is pretty good I think. My husband is adopted so we are all in for that except that it can take between 2-4 years for a healthy infant where I live:( Seriously considering at least being set up and put on the waiting list, that way we can decide later.
Well my dear, fingers crossed for the both of us! I hope this 2ww goes fast!

Kethryes- I wish you loads of luck (pun intended;) on your DH's analysis!!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago • Post starter

Nah, don't feel silly, hopefulll. Every clinic is different. They all have set thresholds that vary widely it seems. And yes, he definitely makes up for any lack in his volume. He usually has 4ml or more. I was definitely shocked and thrilled with the 26 mill post-wash. The month we got pg with the ectopic it was only 13 million.

It did take about 3 months to notice the increase in his total count, but that was the amount per ml and not the volume. He hasn't actually taken any vitamins regularly since our ectopic in March. His count keeps increasing though, so I'm not sure what's causing it or if the vitamins managed to kick start his own biological response.

Did you get the s/a results from today yet? Do they give you his other percentages?

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Lisserb- No, I never ask for the all the results pre-wash but I suppose I should start lol. I'll have a total of 6.9 million with the double insemination this cycle. With my last BFP with IUI the final count was 5 million so they asked if we wanted to do double insemination for an extra $50 and we said yes. The next day his count was only 0.3 but I knew that I had released the egg so I wasn't too worried. Sure enough a whopping(insert sarcastic tone) 5.3 million in total did the trick. I accredit it to the double insemination, I was inseminated before and during ovulation which was great so I'm hoping it works again this time. As far as his count going up unassisted, for lack of a better word, my doc said that it often depends on what factors there were 72 days prior to IUI. So, it could have been binge drinking that day, extremely hot weather or even a simple as a cold. I joked with my DH that we should write everything down on a calendar so we will know what he did 72 days ago lol.
On an unrelated note, this is my 2nd attempt at temping and I have a quick question. After the temp spike, how long does it stay up? And how much is it allowed to fluctuate?

Well, 6.9 million perfect ones are better than 25.7 million imperfect ones, lol! We are pretty much in the same boat. We need to think positive! It takes one and we both know it can work! Holding your hand through this. Together we'll make it!! :)

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

So true, thanks Lisserb!

Hopefulllâ?? about your question for temping: The temp stays at high levels for all the luteal phase (normally 14 days and hopefully more than 14 days if you have conceived). You will notice fluctuations that are normal but they should be above the cover line. Identification of the cover line is quite difficultâ?? but if you post your records in this site or in fertilityfriend siteâ?? the sites will do it for you.
Keeping sending you Good Luck wishings!!!!! I hope they will help!

11 years ago

Ok. FINALLY tested this morning...

!!!!!

I'm not going anywhere....will stay here to help provide positive vibes and good wishes for the rest of you!!!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

MrsFlasche - Congrats!! I'm so very happy for you and sending you tons of keep us posted!

Hopeful and Liserb - Best of luck this cycle for your IUI's, I only wish that were an option for me, but sadly no. Guess I have to stick with the natural (or nearly) way!

Kethryes - to you!!

AFM - cd5 starting the clomid (round 3) tonight. Hoping to get that BFP.....It's been over 2 years, I hope this is the month. Then I'd be due in July near my birthday!

EOE -

11 years ago

Congrats on the BFP!

I had a question about IUI's-- at what point do you move to that option? Did you do rounds of clomid before doing IUI's; and if so, how many rounds? I'm just wondering what I have to look forward to if clomid alone doesn't work for me.

I'm assuming with my BBT chart that I'm not pregnant this month... you guys can check it out if you'd like... it's my first month temping (and my first month of clomid) but I think my temps would have stayed higher if I was pregnant. I've taken a couple HPTs and they've been negative. So, on to round 2 of clomid I suppose. Question about starting... if I'm spotting, is that considered day 1? Or is it when there's full bleeding? I've been spotting a bit for the past 2 days and I'm wondering if I should already be starting a new cycle.

Thanks!

11 years ago

Congrats MrsFlasche!

babypbaby, if your DH has had a normal semen analysis, most RE's will just have you take clomid and time natural BDing for at least 3 months.

If your DH (like mine and hopefullls) has a poor semen analysis, IUI is the first step and then IVF is usually suggested after 3-4 failed IUI's.

I was going to do a minimally stimulated IVF after I'd had three failed IUI's and went to ultrasound monitored IUI to see what my response was to the clomid. With U/S monitoring usually comes a trigger shot to time IUI with ovulation. I got pregnant that cycle, but it unfortunately ended in a tubal pregnancy. I've had 3 more IUI's since then, and have had one more BFP, but it was a chemical pregnancy. I'm now on my 8th IUI. I will need to make a decision if this one fails whether or not I am going to move on to the IVF. It's a hard decision to make when I know that IUI can work, but it's getting hard to want to continue with treatments.

If your DH hasn't had a S/A done yet, that would be the first thing I would ask to have done, even before taking clomid. If he has male factor infertility issues, then just taking clomid may not help.

Good Luck!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo