Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 6

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies who have been trying to conceive and are now giving Clomid a try. Feel free to share anything you want and don't worry about TMI, we've heard it all! Baby dust!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

336 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

271 - 280 of 336 Replies | Last Page

Lisserb,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Such a painful experience. My thoughts are with you.

11 years ago

Lisserb- I didn't know the wait for IVF was so long where you are. It's $5000 over here which is a lot especially if it doesn't work the first time. I've been thinking if I should even say this because I don't want to tic ya off lol. But, I really feel like IUI can work for you. I know plenty of women who go through 7 or 8 rounds of IUI and never get pregnant. I'm sure you are going to look into this regardless but there has to be a reason as to why you are miscarrying. Progesterone might not have been a problem on the cd 21 blood work but have you had it checked right before AF or in early pregnancy before? I'm sorry to bug you it just feels to me like you are so close to having a happy ending. I think fostering and adoption is fabulous so definitely look into that as a great option and I think once you start parenting a child that child becomes yours in every way. Do you think you might possibly continue IUI while you wait for the adoption/foster parent process or is the cost getting to be too much? Either way Melissa I sure hope things work out in the end.

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago • Post starter

How long aater trigger does dr wait to do iui...just wondering when I actually ovulated after trigger at 4pm tuesd. Bc I still had positive opk this morning?

11 years ago

I'm so sorry for y'alls losses :-(
Yea I believe you all should get the progesterone supplements or have that checked right away with Blood pregnancy test!
I was told with this STUPID PCOS ,I may need to be put on them first few weeks once I receive BFP.
Prayers of comfort for you all!

User ImageUser ImagePCOS/#1 BABY BLESSING BLISSUser Image User Image My Ovulation Chart

11 years ago

You aren't going to tick me off Amanda. :). Each of our IUI's costs about $510.00 including the meds. We've done 8 so far. Each IVF for us will be between 8-10,000. That's for the "mini" IVF with ICSI. My sister's were closer to $13,000. I'm not sure why the prices are so different where you are. Too bad flights out east are so expensive, or I'd be bunking at your place, lol!

If we do another this time, I will ask to be put on estrogen and progesterone regardless. I have a feeling this is a lining issue. Seeing the tests this month is making me think that the "evaps" I had last month were really a chemical too. Who knows. All I know is that I'm pretty much done. I'm tired of this. Tired if spending money for nothing. Tired of taking medication, tired of ultrasound wands and catheters in the hoo-ha. Tired of trying so hard, getting so close and having it end. I will be just as happy to complete our family with a child who isn't biologically mine, and I really think that is the direction I want to go. One last try and then our 6 years of TTC is done. I wouldn't do anything to prevent a natural happenstance, but that is very unlikely.

Besides, my DD keeps asking for a sister she can play with. A toddler would fit that bill nicely. :)

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Lisserb- That is one of the many awesome perks to adoption. To be able to close the age gap between siblings is pretty great if you ask me. I suppose if it is truly meant to be you will get your final BFP next round, if not then fate really wants you to change the life of toddler in need of an amazing mom and stable home, either way, it's a win-win:)

Kmison- here's something most don't know. OPK's also pick up HCG. So you are only testing positive on an OPK because of your trigger! Pretty cool, but also super annoying because now there is no pretty stick to tell you when you are going to O. The rule of thumb is 36-48 hours after trigger. Some even say as early as 24 hours after.

Thanks Genni.

Kmison, the hcg will be picked up on an opk, so it will likely remain positive. You should ovulate approximately 36 hours after the trigger, but anywhere from 24-48 is possible.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Oh and one more thing. Speaking of travel expenses, there is a couple at my clinic who came all way from the UK for IVF!! This is only because the clinic I go to is one of the very few clinics in the world who will help a couple with HIV conceive. Pretty neat I think!

hopefullll - My cycle is not being monitored with ultrasound.. My OB does a progesterone blood draw at around 7 DPO and a pelvic exam. I am really hoping to Ovulate this round! I bought Clearblue Smiley face OPK's for this cycle.. I hated trying to compare lines on the other opks. So I am getting real psyched up to see a smiley soon!

lisserb - I am praying for you in whatever choice you make (continuing with TTC, adoption, etc.) that you have the strength and support to stay positive and get through it.

babypbaby - I am on cycle day 8 so we are really close on our cycles. I am going to start testing with OPKS probably sunday or monday. Last cycle i thought I ovulated around Cycle day 16-17 ( I got a close positive OPK, I say close bc it wasnt exactly equally dark but sooo close.. ) But when I got my progesterone checked my OB didn't think I ovulated.. So I think I didn't.. thats why I got the digital OPK's...

As I said in my last post, this was my 2nd round of clomid and I didn't seem to have any side effects.. Which was kind of weird and is almost giving me the impression that the Clomid isn't going to work... But I know that is just my mind working against me! I am also starting to worry that my DH's low count and slow movers might not be enough to cut it even if I do ovulate... I hate all these doubts and negative thoughts. But I am praying and thinking of everyone and hope all of us become pregnant with sticky beans very soon!!!

11 years ago

Pink- You are going to love the smiley face sticks way better! I hated trying to compare those darn lines. Don't worry too much about not feeling much with Clomid, some girls just get really lucky while othesr feel every possible side effect. As for the swimmer issue, my suggestiion is to do what the majority of the nurses and doctor suggest. If they say his count shouldn't be a problem then I wouldn't worry too much until at least a few rounds of Clomid alone. It they do think that IUI may up your odds, start saving up now so you have options later if you need them. I wish someone would have told me that lol. Anyway, keep us posted as to when you are smiled at;)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo