Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 6

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies who have been trying to conceive and are now giving Clomid a try. Feel free to share anything you want and don't worry about TMI, we've heard it all! Baby dust!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

336 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

251 - 260 of 336 Replies | Last Page

Yes, it would great to get the beta today! I'm praying that everything goes well, keep us posted!!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago • Post starter

Lisserb: so sorry to hear that u are going through this....i know from my own experience how hard and confusing those tests are when one day it is positive and the next negative then positive again...but at least u haven't had a negative...it still is positive!!! Hope u can get a beta done and ur dr will rush the results so u know what the number is tonight!

Hopefulll: thats exciting news that u are going to try ivf 3 rounds....now if u dont mind me asking, how much will that cost aprox? and u r in canada right? which means better health insurance....

me and DH have been doing it every night since Tuesday and i am praying that one of my 2 eggs released and will be fertilized!!! Then even more important STICK... that's where i have problems! and still no clue why.... I will probably start the dollar store HPT tmrw morning to see when trigger is out of my system...does ne know how many days go between the HPt positive from trigger to neg then positive from true pregnancy?

11 years ago

My Dr orderd serial betas for me, so I can get one gone every other day for as long as I need. I had the first draw this afternoon. I'll probably not get the results until tomorrow morning. I haven't tested again yet today. I'm really apprehensive.

Kmison, my tests are usually negative by 10 days after the trigger, or about 8dpo. I have gotten positives that I knew were not trigger on the dollar store at 12, 13 and 14dpiui.

Good Luck and I'll keep you guys posted!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Kmison- My trigger is usually out of my system around 7 or 8 dpo, then again, I've only triggered two cycles. And, you will ovulate both eggs if they matured just right! That's pretty exciting and will hopefully double the odds!
Yes, free health care is great but IVF is only covered if you have severely blocked inoperable tubes which I do not. So, it's going to cost us $5000 per IVF. For that reason, I sure hope it works the first time! DH and I both sat there and thought about the cost but imagined holding a baby, our baby, and suddenly it just clicked: since time is not on our side we will do whatever it takes to have another child. I have talked to a few successful IVF ladies and they all say it was 100% worth it and wish they went straight to IVF. Of course hindsight is 50/50 lol and I think it's only wise to give IUI a shot unless there is severe MFI involved.

Lisserb- I understand and would probably be apprehensive too. I would hold off till tomorrow but I know that is easier said than done. I think testing again and possibly not seeing what you'd expect in terms of line colour might make you feel worse. Whatever you choose to do, I hope like crazy that it winds up being awesome news!

My dr said I can come in next friday for beta test...that will be around 10 days after trigger shot....hopefully it will tell us if somthing is happening or not!

How many eggs are usaully mature with the clomid? Is it common to realease 2 around 3cm ?

11 years ago

Yes, it can be common to release two, but they usually don't let them get to 3cm. Most RE's trigger at 2-2.4cm. It depends a lot on the dosage of clomid and how your body responds. I usually have 6 follicles, two of which lead, but my RE generally triggers me when the first on hits 2.0cm.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

So, I tested again (didn't see your message until the dye was already running across the test Amanda, lol!)

It's still positive. Maybe not quite as dark/defined as yesterday afternoon, but more than this mornings. Still very faint though.

User Image

I need to just take it day by day.

11 years ago

Kmison- It really all depends on the person and the dosage. most women tend to have 1-3 that wil reach maturity. As for 3cm being viable is sort of up for debate. Some doctors believe that any follicles over 25 are less likely to release healthy eggs due to being "over mature". There are some helpful web articles out there that will give stats and the one that I read recently said follicle sizes between 20-24mm produce the most pregnancies. On the flip side, some of the nurses at my clinic said they have seen plenty of babies created from follicles bigger than 28 so who's to say what's what. It's really hard to say. And as for how many eggs a woman will release: my doctor said you will ovulate anything over 18mm. So if you have 3 or 4 over 18mm, they're all gonna release an egg! Kinda scary eh? lol. Anyway, hope that helps!

Lol, it's all goodl! I do see the line for sure and it really doesn't look too far off from the other one to me. I really think you are still good to go but I know we will all feel more reassured tomorrow. Stick baby stick!

Good luck lisserb! I'm excited and anxious for you!

Pink: We're basically on the same page... I finished my clomid 3-7 a few days ago- I'm cd10 now. My doctor doesn't really follow me at all unless I don't get a positive opk by cd21. I was told to start testing everyday starting cd11... so here we go!

Love the updates from everyone, keep them coming!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo