Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 6

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies who have been trying to conceive and are now giving Clomid a try. Feel free to share anything you want and don't worry about TMI, we've heard it all! Baby dust!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

336 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 336 Replies | Last Page

Felurian my dear, I'm so sorry to read of your loss. I don't even know what to say hear except that I can can feel part of what you may be feeling and I wish I was physically there to hug you. I've had two miscarriages and I can't help but be nervous for a third. I wanted to quit trying after my second but kept going because of kind words and reading statistics that state your chances of conceiving after a m/c are higher for the next 3 cycles. I think it would help to take a break from googling and blogging though, it helped me huge just to step away for a bit. Anyway, take care and I hope to see you on here again soon

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago • Post starter

Got a phone call from my clinic and finally got some good news! Looks like the meds worked this cycle. I'm on cd 9 and I have a 20mm and 16mm on my left and a 14mm on my right ovary!! I think that's good right? So now a question for my IUI buddy...

Lisserb- When do you usually trigger? I ask because my doc wants me to come back for blood work tomorrow and then again the next day in hopes that I will surge on my own(which I won't this early). Shouldn't I be triggering today seeing as they will still have 48 hours to grow before the actual IUI? And if they grow at a rate of 2mm a day won't that make all three perfect size by then? I'm just worried that I'm gonig to end up the 20mm not being viable due to it getting too big. I know they want the 14mm to catch up so maybe that's why I'm waiting?? Any ideas? Also, how does your cycle look so far?

hopefulll, I had my ultrasound today (CD10) and I have a 21mm and a 13mm on the left and a 17mm on the right. I'll be triggering tonight, and will have my IUI on Thursday. Follicles can grow between 1-2mm per day, so my follies should be between 23-25mm (left) and 19-21mm (right) when they ovulate. I probably won't ovulate the 13mm one, anything under 16mm is usually not mature.

I believe follicles can get to 24mm before they run the risk of turning into cysts, so you should be okay for a couple more days. Do they want you to surge on your own before triggering or do they not want to trigger you? They may be hoping the 14mm will catch up, or may want to ensure that the 20 and 16mm are both good size before triggering.

Good Luck!!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Thanks lisserb! And good luck on your IUI, looks like we'll be pretty close and therefore can bite our nails together during the 2ww lol. I'm going to request a trigger for tomorrow night, I think that would be better than waiting till two more days to trigger. They are hoping I will surge on my own but this one nurse doesn't seem to listen to me when i say I have never surged before day 16 in my life. Grrrr, there is always one that won't listen eh? lol. She also didn't know that I'm on menopur which also makes them grow a little faster. Last cycle I didn't trigger until I had a 26mm (my only follicle) and that was only because they wanted me to, once again, see if ill surge on my own. Ack. I sure hope triggering tomorrow won't be too late for the 20mm follicle. Fingers crossed!

Triggering on 21 or 22mm and 17 or 18mm will be perfect hopefulll! Push for the trigger, waiting too long for you to surge on your own isn't any good for the quality of the eggs.

Good Luck!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Thanks Lisserb! Will do! Sometimes you just gotta take your fertility into your own hands lol. Wish me luck:D

i got my first perscription for clomid today from gyno, she said us looked good, i had a lot of tiny cysts in both ovaries but she said my uterous looked a nice thickness and was just waiting on a baby! I am taking 50mg on cd5-cd9 and she wants to see me again on cd12 for another us and possible trigger shot if i dont have more than 2 large follies...she is concerned with the chance of triplets if she triggered me with more than 2 follies...
hopefulll is ur dr ok with giving u the trigger if all 3 of ur follies mature? I wish mine would...r they not concerned about triplets?
How many follies and what size were they when anyone of you had a trigger shot?
I am praying this will be successful for everyone TTC! for many this cycle!

11 years ago

kmison, hopefulll and I have similar issues with our DH, lower counts or abnormal sperm, so only having one follicle is often not enough. We need more targets for those boys to hit, lol, and our chance of multiples is much lower than the average woman on clomid whose DH has completely normal sperm.

I always get triggered when I have a 20mm or larger follicle. Sometimes I get one, sometimes it's two. I also only have one tube, so that changes my chances too.

Hopefully you get some good size follicles.

Good Luck!

11 years ago

Kmison- Yep, Lisserb nailed that one on the head, that's exactly why they want more follicles for us. I'm going to trigger tomorrow which would most likely put my follicles at 19mm, 22mm and 16mm. And then tac on aprox 48 hours of growth till IUI.

Two follicles is great for you and your chance of multiples tends to increase the more follicles you have so two is perfect. Welcome to the world of Clomid! Keep us posted on how you feel and lots of baby dust to you:)

Lisserb- one more question; do you do IUI the next day after trigger shot or 48 hrs later. I've heard of both methods but I was confused as to why they would differ so much.

hopefulll, my RE has me trigger at midnight, then the IUI is 36 hours from then. I'll trigger tonight at midnight and the IUI will be on Thursday at 2pm.

You will generally ovulate between 30 and 40 hours after the trigger and the egg will survive for about 24 hours after that, so timing of the IUI is often set for about 36-48 hours later.

I have seen some RE's do the IUI 24 hours later, which would be before the egg was actually released. I think in stronger sperm that is okay. For us, having the eggs there when the sperm arrive is probably better.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo