Day Past Ovulation 56789101112131415    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part 7

Category: LTTTC (Long Term Trying to Conceive)
Posted by hopefullll » Nov. 1, 2012 11:19am

This forum is for anyone using Clomid. We are a great bunch of ladies on here so feel free to share you TTC story!

hopefullll
Reply by hopefullll » Nov. 1, 2012 11:28am

Hey y'all, hope you made it over!!

User Image

5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical)
2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical)
4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN)
1 IVF in January=

hopefullll

Reply by lisserb » Nov. 1, 2012 11:43am

Hi Amanda! Thanks for the new thread!

p.s. the easiest way to direct link is to copy the thread URL (like you did) then in your reply, click on the "add link" button on the left side of the reply box. You can copy the link into that field and bam, permalink! :)

I'm heading in for my fourth beta soon. I'm debating picking up another couple tests, since I used mine all up. My mood swings are giving me whiplash today, so I'll decide when I'm out how I feel at that moment, lol! Amanda, thank you for keeping hope alive for me. I'm not holding onto any illusions, but there is that teensy, tiny glimmer of hope that the success stories out there give. I've read a ton of them in the last couple days.

Lindsaytom, I am so sorry for your loss. It is heartwrenching. :(
I'm glad you are going to keep trying, and I wish you the best of luck for next time!!

Hope all the rest of you ladies are okay and thank you to all of you for your thoughts.

lisserb

Reply by MrsFlasche » Nov. 1, 2012 11:56am

Haven't been here much....taking this month off...not doing anything. No charts, no clomid...
Just popping in now and then to see some updates!

MrsFlasche

Reply by felurian » Nov. 1, 2012 12:59pm

lindsaytom, so sorry about your loss! :( I hope next time is successful for you!

MrsFlasche, sometimes it's good to have a break every once in a while. I'm happy to see you checking in still, though!

lisserb, I can't wait to see your next beta! I bet you are one of those miracle stories!

I am going for a consult with my gyn today and asking about getting on progesterone, or to see what other option I have now. My husband got called into work today even though he had the day off, so my mom is going with me instead. She's like my financial sponsor, so it's good she's going :)

Been TTC since Feb. 2010
progressingincircles.blogspot.com

felurian

Reply by Iwannabamommy » Nov. 1, 2012 2:22pm

Sorry to hear Bout ur lose Lindsay. Good luck on ur next cycle. I too am taking Fertomid this cycle. I'm excited to start also excited to see that u got PG on ur first try. I'm really praying that happens with me also. I'm actually tired of trying but I keepin pushin. I found out today that my youngest sister is 4 months pregnant. So that makes my oldest sister PG, my youngest brother GF, Pg and now my youngest sister PG. now all I need is to get PG. I'm the only one out of all my brothers and sisters without a child. And it's 9 of us. I hope this is my month.

User Image

TTC Lords Prayer.
1+1=3,
that's all we wish to be.
As we get down to pray,
We thank The Lord everyday.

We thank The Lord for what we have,
Even the things that makes us sad.
But our most important prayer we may say,
Is "Lord please bless our home with a child someday!"

Bless our home laughs and giggles,
Bless our home with crying and sniffles.
Bless our home with the pitter patter of feet,
Bless our home with "mommy I can't sleep!"

Everything in life has some kind if worth,
All we want to do is give birth.
Lord you know we have one important thing to ask or say,
Lord please bless our home with a child someday!"

Written by,
Iwannabeamommy.

Iwannabamommy

Reply by pink92307 » Nov. 1, 2012 2:29pm

Hi ladies! How is everyone's cycle going?

Lisserb - I am really rooting for you!!!

I am now on Cycle day 14 and have been doing digital OPK's since Cycle Day 11. I did Clomid days 3-7. I got my Big Fat SMILEY Face today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.
I was so excited! Cannot wait to get home to BD tonight :)
I am so happy I invested the extra $ in the digital OPK's! Anyways, I am still having some concerns that I won't be able to conceive this cycle.. (Does the doubt in ourselves ever go away?) Bc I have never had an HSG, so I am freaking out about my tubes maybe being blocked... So I might ask for an HSG if this cycle is a bust.
Have all of you ladies had HSG before starting Clomid?

pink92307

Reply by hopefullll » Nov. 1, 2012 2:50pm

Lisserb- Thanks for the help, I see the "add link" button now:) I think you'll get more tests, I know I wouldn't be able to resist lol.

Mrs.Flasche- No harm in taking a break, it's good to get out of all the ttc craziness.

Iwannabamommy- Oh good Lord, I can only imagine how you feel. Just found out my bro is expecting and that alone knocked me on my green with envy butt. I reeeally hope you are next in your family. Plus, it would be great be pregnany along side your sister. Crossing my fingers for you hon:)

Felurian- Good luck at the docs, I think progesterone would be a great idea!

AFM- Tonight I have a meeting with 2 more ladies who responded to my ad for the infertility group I created!! This will make a total of 4. I'm nervous as I am not typically the hosting/public speaking type, but I figure since we are all going through the same thing it should be easy. I'm pretty honoured though to have created a group like this. I'm hoping if it gets poplular enough I can create a website and this can be a permanent thing for my city. Anyway, 4 more days and hopefully I will be getting my trigger and then seeing an awesome sperm count for my 6th and possible 2nd last IUI! Eek, no pressure eh lol?

hopefullll

Reply by hopefullll » Nov. 1, 2012 2:56pm

Pink- Yeah for smiley faces!! I had both an HSG and sonohysterogram. Sonohyst before clomid and HSG after clomid. Both found nothing. Do not beleive everything you read about HSG's. It's about 50/50 as far as the number of ladies who found it painful. Anyway, it's worth having an HSG but can be a bit of a downer if they don't find anything. Anyway, BD till ya can't BD no more and hopefully this month will be the one:)

hopefullll

Reply by kmison » Nov. 1, 2012 2:59pm

Hello ladies! Sorry to hear about the bad news for a couple of u....i hope it only gets better for you guys! I have been really down lately bc my cousin just had her 3rd baby a couple days ago and its hard bc my first chemical preg. wouldnt have been due this weekend I am praying that i get a to help with pain and sadness!
My dr said i could come tmrw for beta draw but i am thinking it may be too soon since it would only be around 8 or 9dpo? WHAT DO U ALL THINK? I havent got a postive on HPT yet, still hoping its just too early! But a part of me thinks I am out already this month!

kmison

Reply by pink92307 » Nov. 1, 2012 3:12pm

hopefullll- Thank you. I am crossing my fingers for this cycle.. It would be amazing to announce a pregnancy with all my family around for the holidays.

kmison - About the beta draw, I know my doctor wants me to come in about 7DPO to check my progesterone and make sure I ovulated.. and also if the number is high enough that could suggest pregnancy.. And I think a beta is the only way to confirm pregnancy at that early of DPO. This is just what I have heard and experienced, so I might very well be wrong.

pink92307

Reply by kmison » Nov. 1, 2012 4:57pm

Pink: thanks for ur input! I am taking a progestrone supplement though so my numbers would be way out of wack. I think I may be just nervous that it will come back neg. If I was pregnant though would it have to come back hcg higher than 5 even this early? 7dpo ?

kmison

Reply by hopefullll » Nov. 1, 2012 4:59pm

Kmison- Hmm, I'm not sure about a beta done that early but I can say for sure that your odds of testing positive on an HPT at 9dpo are pretty slim. So you are definitely not out yet. If your doc is offering to give you a beta I say go for it, you never know what the results may suggest. I'm sorry that you're feeling down, I'm sending a big cyber hug your way. It's so hard to see other with tiny babies when you've been trying for your own for so long. The way I see it is we all take our turns having great things happen. One day you will be pregnant and someone else may look at your growing belly and feel how you feel now. The great thing that I can take from all of this is that we will all be amazing shoulders to lean on someday when someone we know has to go through this. Moreover, we will know to be sensitive to others trying to concieve when we are pregnant. I think that makes us pretty darn awesome ladies:)

hopefullll

Reply by kmison » Nov. 1, 2012 5:12pm

Thanks hopefulll! Those words are full of so much hope! I want to believe every bit of it but sometimes that scary thought of what if crosses my nid and I hate it. I am trying to tell myself I must keep living my life and try to be happy with where im at now!
Let me ask u or anyone this question...
If results are neg tmrw on beta does that mean I am out this cycle?
Next round of clomid should I ask dr to do it days 3-7 instead of 5-9?

kmison

Reply by lisserb » Nov. 1, 2012 5:49pm

Allison, I hope that you are able to get some progesterone and that it helps with a sticky baby!

kmison, if you do the beta that early, just keep in mind that if it is positive that it may be very low, and if it is negative that it may just be too early.

Mrs.Flasche, good to see you.

pink, go catch that egg!!

wanna, good luck!

Amanda, of course you were right and I bought a couple more tests. I really wanted to see if it was going to be more faint or negative. I'd prepared myself to see both. Instead it looks almost exactly the same as it has for the last few tests. Not darker for sure, but I can't say it's any lighter. So, I still don't know what my numbers are going to be from today's beta. Here are the last three tests I've done. The top is 18dpiui, the middle is 20dpiui and the bottom is today at 21dpiui.

User Image

I'm still spotting a very little bit, but not nearly as much as I was and it's not bright red anymore, so I truly have no clue what is going on with my little bean. I probably won't get my results until tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

lisserb

Reply by dealll07 » Nov. 1, 2012 6:55pm

I had my first IUI today after meds - letrozole,follistim, and ovidrel. DH sperm was 40 million after wash. Doctor said my progesterone was "in the sweet spot" at 2. Still not sure what good numbers are but doctor said everything looks great! We are excited, we test on 11/15/2012! Praying for our BFP.......

New here, looking forward to getting to know others!

dealll07

Reply by felurian » Nov. 1, 2012 7:00pm

Iwannabeamommy- That's so hard! I really, really hope it's your turn next! It's hard when those around us keep getting pregnant, making us feel like we are left in the dust.

Pink- YAY for smiley face!!! Those are some of the happiest moments! GL! I had an HSG after three rounds of unsuccessful Clomid. It can be painful for some (depends on the person, like hopefulll said) but so worth it anyway! It can tell you a lot of good information. Also, sometimes if there is some gunk blocking tubes, the test itself can flush it out a bit. Definitely ask your doctor about getting one.

hopefulll, that is so great! What a fantastic thing for you to do for your community. I attempted to copy you and put an ad out, too, but no one responded. So you are lucky!! Good luck! It'll be so nice having an in person group to talk to, and also share info about local doctors and stuff.

kmison- *hugs*! So hard when those would-have-been milestone dates come around. Good luck with the beta draw! I really like hopefulll's advice about it. I think if it's neg at 9DPO you are not out for sure. Sometimes the egg doesn't even implant until later than that.

lisserb- the tests look great to me! Still keeping fingers crossed.

I talked with my doc today and she set me up to have a blood test to check progesterone next cycle at CD 21 if I'm not pregnant. I hope this is the answer! If the progesterone looks good, she referred me to a fertility clinic to start getting the big, scary, expensive tests done. Yuck. But she also said no more Clomid for me unless progesterone looks low.

Been TTC since Feb. 2010
progressingincircles.blogspot.com

felurian

Reply by felurian » Nov. 1, 2012 7:26pm

deall07 good luck testing soon! I hope the IUI works. And welcome!

felurian

Reply by hopefullll » Nov. 1, 2012 8:56pm

Melissa- Those tests look pretty darn good to me considering how many days apart they are. Surely if the little bean was doing something it shouldn't the tests would gradually get lighter but they definitely are not. I think tomorrows number will say it all. If it's even a tiny bit higher it has to be a good thing I would think and hope. I will be sitting on the edge of my seat till tomorrow and saying prayer for your good news until then!

deal- Sounds like you are a great candidate for IUI. I'm going through it myself and the post wash number aren't nearly as great so woohoo for your DH's swimmers:D Tell us a bit about yourself and your journey to IUI.

hopefullll

Reply by Mishell83 » Nov. 1, 2012 9:24pm

Lisserb,
I do think it is getting darker. Denitely hoping for the best.

Kmison, I've had positives at 9dpo, but I don't think that you are out if your blood isn't positive.

As for me, I'm on AF. I'm going to My RE tomorow and I think we are going to try injectables since the clomid thinned my lining. I'm worried about the cost, I'm worried about high order multiples, but most of all I'm worried where I'll be if this doesn't work me. I'm thinking about talking to my dr about something for the depression/anxiety I'm dealing with. I don't want to be on meds... But I think I may need something. I take hpts, so I would stop meds if any tests come out positive.

Would love your thoughts.

Also, hope you guys don't mind if I hang with you on this forum even though I'm not using clomid

Mishell83

Reply by babypbaby » Nov. 1, 2012 10:14pm

Pink- I just got my :) OPK too! I got a positive 2 days in a row- yesterday and today (CD16 and 17). Here's hoping it's our month! And everyone else's too. I'm with you on the HSG thing- I wonder if I should get it done just so I know exactly what I'm dealing with! I feel the same about my husband getting SA... we haven't done that yet either.

Oh well... hopefully clomid is all we need!

babypbaby