Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 6

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies who have been trying to conceive and are now giving Clomid a try. Feel free to share anything you want and don't worry about TMI, we've heard it all! Baby dust!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

336 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 336 Replies | Last Page

Mrs.K, do you get your name spelled wrong all the time?

Pink, Welcome! Usually your progesterone level needs to be over 10 to say you've ovulated, and it usually needs to be over 20 to sustain a healthy pregnancy. If you have low progesterone all the time, they may give you a supplement for it. My RE doesn't check my progesterone, so I don't know what my level is normally. I started out on 100mg of clomid, and it's worked well for me. Now if only my DH's sperm would cooperate, lol!

You very well may have ovulated, and you just have low progesterone, or you geared up to ovulate and didn't.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Lisserb: Yes I Do!!! LOL!

11 years ago

Lisserb - Thanks for the info on progesterone. I am still waiting on AF to get here to start the 2nd round of Clomid. I was really hoping it would work the first round! I have heard that with each increase of dosage for clomid that your chance of multiples is higher. Has anyone ever heard this before? I know the statistics are roughly 8%-10% chance of twins.. I wouldn't mind twins tho!! :)
How is everyone else doing ? Anyone else about to start a new cycle with clomid?

11 years ago

Pink- I just started my 2nd round of Clomid today. I'm on 50mg taking it days 3-7. I've heard that it only increases your chances 5% but that may be with 50mg, I'm not sure. Let me know if you have any questions-- although I'm just as new at this as you are!

11 years ago

Pink- don't get discouraged, I felt the same disappointment when it didn't work the first time. I think its all of the people out there in cyberland writing about their first time success with Clomid that tends to get us ladies giddy with anticipation. Hang in there hon:)

Lisserb- All is well over here, and I think I'm going to hold out till at least 11dpo. That is unless I find those cheap dollar store tests lol. So far I"ve been using clearblue Plus, which I found in a 4 pack at Costco for 18.99 I believe. Not super cheap but cheaper than anywhere else I can find right now. Although, I do prefer FRER over CB anyday. From what I remember, I think the HCG trigger was gone by 9dpo so Im going to assume that by 11dpo if it's a BFP it'll be legit. Of course, I won't feel 100% until 14dpo lol. What about you? I'm super jealous that your dollarama sells those tests. What are they called again and can you buy them online?

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago • Post starter

babypbaby - You are probably right about the 5% chance of twins with clomid, my mind is so overloaded with info most of the time! I am starting my 2nd round next week (Hopefully as I am still waiting on AF at this point). I will be taking 100 mg. I'm kind of nervous, I hope side effects aren't worse as the dosage goes up. This first cycle of clomid, I had moodiness, slight headaches, and cramping. Also around cycle day 18 - 20 I had terrible backpain on one side.. Not sure if it was bc of clomid or what but my Dr wasn't worried about it and it did go away.

Hopefullll - Thank you! Sometimes its hard not to get discouraged! ( As I am sure you all know that, TTC isn't easy!) And I totally agree with you about the internet fueling that "1st time on Clomid and I got pregnant!" Fantasy..
I am really glad I found some nice women to talk to about my journey and their experiences.. I have tried on another message board and just got non-supportive and judgmental feedback.

11 years ago

well ladies..today was a crappy day at work! I am feeling very depressed about the entire ttc process and sad about the mc's and just wishing it was an easy and happy road for me like so many others around me in my everyday life...not cyber world! Its nice knowing that u all are out there,, but it would be great to know that not everyone on fb i know or family or friends are due with another baby or pregnant with their first!
Maybe this mid cycle clomid round is throughing me into a frinzy! but urrgg is how i feel right now!!! well i guess i will go get an opk from the store and start testing it tmrw, have my u/s Tuesday so hopefully i wont et a positive until i know the egg is mature enough!

11 years ago

Hopefulll, in the store they are called procare, but this last batch I bought is the exact same test and I got it online. These are the ones I bought...

http://www.saveontests.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1_3

It's called saveontests.com and they were shipped fairly quickly, within 10 days.

kmison, I image the extra clomid is definitely affecting your mood! I hope that it works for you!

Pink and babyp...I've heard that on average the chance of multiples increases more when you use IUI along with the clomid, or if you were already able to ovulate on your own. Unless of course your DH has MFI too, which both hopefulll and my DH's do.

If you are just doing timed BD with clomid, and you didn't ovulate on your own prior, you are less likely to have more than one mature follicle actually release, so your chance of multiples would be the same as any normally ovulating woman's would be. All the reading I've done say that it is around an 8% chance for multiples on clomid, and in about a 1-3% chance of conceiving twins naturally.

It's definitely possible, but not all that common unless you are adding in injectables and IUI too.

AFM, I still have a bit of trigger left in my system. I'm more than likely going to test out the remainder of my cycle now.

Hope everyone is doing well and I didn't miss anyone!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

pink- I had the same experience a while back. I would join a forum, introduce myself, make a few posts but found that I would either be ignored or would ask most of the questions and get very little responses. This one rocks if I do say so myself!

Kmison- I'm sorry to hear about your crappy day. I think we all take turns on this forum having bad days. Luckily I nobody on my facebook is prego but I swear every woman at Costco is pregnant! No joke, everywhere I look I see a belly! So, I feel your pain. I had a wave of pregnant people in my life last year and they have all had their babies. It'll happen for all of us and perhaps we'll will appreciate it more when it does:)

Lisserb- I will definitely check out that site and thanks!

11 years ago • Post starter

Kmison,

I'm sorry that you are having another bad day. I know it feels like everyone else is haing a baby... As far as FB you can block people's posts without them knowing. I do this when I find people's posts annoying (bragging, pics of food, babies). I try to only see posts from close friends. I find that I'm less likely to get depressed when I just read posts from close friends. Just an idea...

Pink,

I know hat pu mean about judgment vs support. I find myself reading questions on posts that sometimes piss me off (sometimes I even get judgmental). I hate when people post positive hpts and wrote "yay, first month of trying!"

This thread has been an exception so far. I feel people have been supportive, willing to ask nd newer questions, and thoughtful about what they write.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo