Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 6

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies who have been trying to conceive and are now giving Clomid a try. Feel free to share anything you want and don't worry about TMI, we've heard it all! Baby dust!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

336 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 336 Replies | Last Page

Jamie, can you request progesterone supplements? I hope that they take your concerns seriously.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

mishell83~ hi and welcome...I am also starting clomid on cd5 -cd9 and took my first pill last night before bed. i didn't feel any terrible symptoms but i did feel really "heavy" while sleeping if that makes any sense. after my 2 early mc's my dr. doesn't really know why they r happening either, and said she is a little nervous for me to try cloimd bc of the increased chance of multiples since i am ovulating sometimes on my own but if i wanted to try it she would give me 3 months on it. So i am hoping this is the first step for me!

Jamienix~ i would be a little concerned about the low progesterone and why ur dr. didn't give u a supplement? maybe ur hcg level is at a good number and that's why she isn't worried. but my last mc my hcg was only like 22 and my progesterone was like 2 maybe which my dr gave me a supplement right away bc she like sit to be above 20 even though the hcg level was so low a mc was ultimatley the result no matter what! Good luck and hope all is well for u and ur baby!

11 years ago

Mrs. Flashes,

I'm in awe of your self control...I'd be testing at 8dpo. I agree it is probably best to wait though. Hopefully you'll have a bfp when you test.

Hopefully,

I'm not sure if the dr will have me take progesterone, though she probaly will. I took it my last two cycles, but it did not prevent my losses. I'm also taking baby asprin, and will do the trigger shot.

Lisserb,

I certainly hope we can get, bfp this month, that result in healthy babies in 2013. Best wishes to all of us!

Kmison,

I know what you mean as far as chances of multiples. I also ovulate monthly, but my dr thinks the ovulation timing and uterine lining are not matching up. So we are trying clomid and trigger. My husband is worried about multiples, I'd be happy with multiples, but worry about increased health risks.

11 years ago

Mishell83- I'm on progesterone too and also taking baby aspirin. My progesterone pill is call Prometrium and I sure hope it does the trick.

Jamienix- hope all is doing well!

Lisserb- How'd your IUI go?

AFM- DH's count was low again. 3.1million, his lowest yet. He is taking lots of vitamins including Fertilaid and countboost which I thought was working due to his highest count of 18 million but no such luck. So now he's being put on prescription pills. I feel so incredibly bad for him and it kills me to see the look on his face when the numbers are read aloud. I don't get it, he doesn't smoke, he doesn't drink, he has 1 cup of coffee a day, so frustrating:( Thanks goodness I don't ovulate till tonight and we are doing a double insemination first thing tomorrow morning so the eggs will be waiting for the goods. I sure hope the count is better but I'm not betting on it

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago • Post starter

Hopefulll, have you tried putting him on antioxidants? Specifically pycnogenol? It's also sold as maritime pine bark. That seems to have increase my DH's count from 60 mill to 100 mill. Was the 3 mill his post wash number?

Mine is in two hours. I had a root canal this morning, and my face is all frozen. Figures both procedures would land on the same day, lol!

I'll post our numbers when I get them.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Hopeful & Lisserb: Good luck on your IUI and thanx for sharing your experience. I know nothing for the process and I am sure that your experience will be useful for me. I am TTC for 10 months and I am pretty sure that there is a problem. We havent done the sperm diagram yet as my BF is in a new job and cant have a day off to do it.

I am also so sorry for the friends here that say that they have experienced multiple mc. I have never had a mcâ?? but I think I can feel the pain! Hoping that from now onâ?? only good news to be written here! At least enjoy the BDing!

AFM: As I knewâ?? AF came once againâ?? with lots of pain.....

11 years ago

Kethryes, thanks for your kind words! Hopefully your BF can get some time soon to do a semen analysis. That is the first step I'd take before anything else. Thanks for your kind words too!

My IUI is done now. He had another record high post-wash today, 26 million! His total count this time was 109 million. I don't know what's causing his post-wash counts to increase each time, but I'll take it! Last year his total count was 60 million and we only had 6 million post wash.

His motility post wash was good too at 57%. I'm expecting his morphology to be the same as always at 1%, but I won't know that until tomorrow. Hopefully the amount put back is good enough to make the morph not matter this time.

Now for the TWW, holding hands with hopefullll!!!

11 years ago

Thanks Kethryes! I'm sorry to hear about AF, I have some serious anger towards that witch these days . Have you been through all the testing? HSG, blood work, etc.?

Lisserb- that sounds fantastic! I think your DH's count is totally normal. At my clinic, anything under 20 million prewash is considered low so the fact that your DH was at 60 million from the get go is not considered low count from what I've been told but I guess every doctor is different. Our clinic does things a little differently, they only put in perfect sperm, and I mean perfect! The downfall to that is that sometimes the slower sperm still make it to the egg and this clinic doesn't want them in there. His pre-wash was only 8 million to begin with. They said his sperm is in great shape percentage wise, just not enough volume in general:( I'll definitely look into the pine bark, till then I'm feeling like this is yet another pointless month . We have decided if nothing happens by December, we will do one IVF in January and if that doesn't work then we are done:( Of course I say that now, lol, who knows where my head will be at then.
Now I hope like hell that I don't ovulate until around 3am and tomorrows count is at least the same if not better.

11 years ago • Post starter

My clinic considers anything under 20 million per ml to be low. When he was at 60 million he had under the 20 million per ml and we were getting only 6 million post wash. Our issue conceiving is his morphology. He only has 1% normal sperm and the abnormal ones usually can't penetrate an egg. So out of that 26 million, only 260,000 actually work right. It only takes 1, but its not easy for that one to get there!

We are on the fence between IVF or adoption from here on out. But hopefully this IUI is the one that works for both of us!

11 years ago

Liserb and Hopeful! Good luck to both of you! keep yourself busy for an easy TWW. We ll be all here to support you!

Up to the moment the doctor has monitored for two months my ovuation (scanning every couple of days) and everything seems ok. He is my doctor since I was a teenager and from my history he thinks that I wont have any problem. Next step is the sperm diagram. I havent done any other testing yet. He waits for the sperm's results.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo