Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 6

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies who have been trying to conceive and are now giving Clomid a try. Feel free to share anything you want and don't worry about TMI, we've heard it all! Baby dust!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

336 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 336 Replies | Last Page

Hopefulll, I get the tests that are the cassette style, where you have to put a few drops in the well. They are a little less than the mid-stream ones. I'm hoping there isn't a need for either of us to have to order more!

Also, if I remember correctly, you get a temp drop right before you ovulate and then it goes way above where it has been prior. The drop generally gives the coverline, and then if the increase stays consistent it will give the crosshairs for the O date. A second major drop below the coverline after O can indicate implantation, so long as the temps then go above where they had been previously, indicating a triphasic chart.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

I've tempted so long I know how my tempts are before O..Also know what temps do before AF! :-)
I have a short Lutul Phase of 10-11 if LUCKY 12.I have O'd on CD 9 of a 26-27 CD month.TEMPS /CHART say I did but LOL I don't believe I did that time! I Don't care what CD I "O" on long as it happens ,If I do not conceive AF comes so I KNOW THAT MY PCOS BODY(REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS) IS WORKING!
I Don't think I will "O" TODAY wasn't saying I WAS or DID "O" I was JUST Posting MY CD. mmhmmkay,Thanks

User ImageUser ImagePCOS/#1 BABY BLESSING BLISSUser Image User Image My Ovulation Chart

11 years ago

ALL My DR's and RESEARCH on Charting says"IF done Accurately TEMPING is the 100% Scientific /SELF way to KNOW when a WOMAN OVULATES" OPKS can not be relied upon when YOU HAVE PCOS...UNLESS you see a change in them 4-5 days AFTER the last pill of your Fertility medications...IF you wait long GREAT! Most people say After last pill of CLOMID most WOMEN "O" 9-11 days AFTER LAST PILL! YES I AM ONLY 5 days after LAST PILL..

I am not charting,testing,ECT because I am letting my brain,body,rest from the stress of it. Stress,pain,sickness,depression can possibly cause An anovulatory cycle.

User ImageUser ImagePCOS/#1 BABY BLESSING BLISSUser Image User Image My Ovulation Chart

11 years ago

Thanks girls! I just didn't want to offend anyone since I already have a child.

lisserb - Yes, my DH got a SA before my OB would put me on Clomid. He had a low-ish count but OB said it was still enough to get us pregnant and the mobility was at 40%, so not so fast either.. The OB might have DH do another SA if I dont get KU this cycle of clomid.. Bc DH had hurt his back in the month prior to the SA and was on pain meds and also had an infection which could of affected the SA.
Thats awesome that you got pregnant on a natural cycle before, I hear about that quite a bit. That after treatments not working, couples taking "breaks" & getting BFP.

Genni25 - I have never charted so I really didn't know all that and I had heard that PCOS can cause inconsistency in OPK's.. Good luck to you on your cycle and I hope you have a happy, stress-free one also! :)

11 years ago

Sorry Genni, I got the impression from your ealier post that you could tell if ovulation was "close", like you would know a FEW days in advance just by temping. I seemed to have fired you up there and didn't mean to, my apologies. After Lisserb's response I did a little BBT research and she's right; it said that although not every woman gets the dip before ovulation it is a possible indicator that ovulation is about to occur or is already occuring.. I've just never heard of knowing impending ovulation DAYS prior to actual ovulation that's all. But obviously you know your body better than anyone lol:) I was only trying to help as it's sometimes tricky to know based on temps alone. At least for me lol.

Lisserb- I was just at dollarama and guess what?? You guess it, they had procare tests there! Needless to say, I bought 5. Any you are right, they are the ones with the little dropper and window. I love how it's so precise. I have over and under saturated midstreams so I'm super pumped to try these. Thanks again for mentioning them:)

Pink- no worries, I have a little guy who will be 3 in December:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago • Post starter

Yay hopefull, we will have to have a poas party in a few days, lol! A word of caution...they do get a bad, bad indent line on them when they are negative. My rule of thumb is, "if it's not pink, it's not positive", lol!

Are you temping this cycle?

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

For sure! I'm going to pee on one as soon as i feel the urge just to see if HCG is still present. Yes, I am temping this cycle but never got a dip, just one heck of a rise. So far my temps have been pretty steady which is awesome since last time I tried this they were literally all over the place. In your experience, have you had the temp dip before AF? Some ladies say they don't drop until the day of or after.

Just a quick update--- If moodiness is a side effect, I totally take back what I said about not having any side effects!! I just cried taking my husband to the airport for a 5 day trip which is TOTALLY unlike me. I blame Clomid. Ha!

11 years ago

Yes, yes it is lol! That's not too bad though, wait till you cry during a sitcom or commercial! I would have cried too

babyp, I've had a few major temper-tantrums including tears on clomid. Most cycles I don't get any symptoms, but a few mood swings have caught me off guard, lol!

hopefulll, I haven't temped in years, but I believe that I had a couple point drop in my temps on the day that I ovulated when I was charting. I really only did it for about 6 months or so, because I have O pains strongly enough that coincided with my chart, so I stopped because I know when I O based on my body. That and I tend to be an insomniac and a restless sleeper, and neither are all that conducive to consistent temps, lol!

I actually decided to temp out the rest of this cycle, and started on 3dpiui. So far I've had a drop at 5dpiui, and a rise the next day. The last two days have been the same temp. I'm not sure what if anything it will mean until the end, lol!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo