Community post

Discussion

April 2020 Babies

View Full Post

These tests were from today at 13-14 dpo, I have a good feeling about this little beanie baby and have convinced myself to stop testing. Won’t have appointment for dating ultrasound until about 8 weeks but I’m fairly sure I’m due early April. Anyone else with me?

user submitted image

161 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 161 Replies | Last Page

Awesome picture Erised! I can't wait for my next scan (around Nov. 1). I'm starting to feel better and glad i'm officially in the second trimester. Hope everyone else is doing great!

4 years ago

Well been checking my glucose levels 4x a day. My fasting numbers aren't what they want so they gave the option of metformin or insulin. Definitely metformin 500mg to start with at night. If I have to go on insulin would rather it be later in the pregnancy.

15 wks 2 days today. See obgyn in less than 2 weeks.

Long anatomy scan at 20 wks 1 day. Looking forward to that!!

4 years ago

Hi girls! Hope everyone is ok. Been very quiet lately! I had my checkup today (15w3d) and heard heartbeat at 153 bpm. No scan today. Had blood drawn for AFP (spinda bifida) test. My next scan is scheduled for detailed anatomy on 11/14. Also they are going to the glucose test after my next appointment which is in about a month. I'm still on metformin and had my A1C tested last time and it was normal. My BP is creeping up so they are worried i will develop pre-eclampsia (still on baby aspirin for this) so they advised i purchase a BP monitor for home use and keep an eye on it. Otherwise i'm feeling pretty good! Knocked out my sinus infection with antibiotics and really the only thing i have to complain about is the heartburn which continues. I've gained 8 pounds so far. Would love to hear some more updates from you ladies!

4 years ago

Hey there hope everyone is still OK. Just got the call from the nurse that AFP is normal and no risk of neural tube defects. Next milestone will be 11/14 for my 20 week anatomy scan!

4 years ago

Hello everyone! Hope all is going well!

Had my last OB appointment on the 14th. Everything looks good...my doctor answered a ton of my questions about VBAC and C-sections if we end up going that route. He tried finding her heartbeat on the doppler but couldn't ...so had to pull out their portable U/S machine and found her and her heartbeat of 152 right away. I have an anterior placenta so he said that can make it difficult sometimes to find the heartbeat with just the doppler. She looked good.

Had to up my metformin to 1000 mg at night and then this morning started 500 mg metformin in the morning. If that doesn't help my fasting numbers it will increase to 1000 mg in the morning and 1000 mg at night. After that get to add insulin. So hoping this helps.

By the time I got done with my appointment the lab person was gone so the spina bifida blood test will have to wait either til I see Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor on the 5th or if I go into town sooner I can go get that test drawn. Have my 1 hr anatomy scan at 20 wks 1 day on the 5th.

Been having Braxton hicks off and on and the nurse suggested a maternity belt. So have to look into that.

4 years ago

Hey Crams glad you are still doing well! My OB switched me from regular metformin to the extended release version so i just have to take it once at night instead of throughout the day. Which one do they have you on? I will have my 1 hour glucose test next month. Trying to enjoy pizza and pasta now because i'm sure they will make me change my diet after that test! I hope you don't have to go the insulin route. We have been really lucky to find my peanut on the dopplar each time without a problem, but during my 12 week scan they told me my placenta was in the back, so i guess mine isn't in the way.

4 years ago

Hello Lissa...I'm on the extended release. Had been on that before taken off at 12 weeks as well.

So right now I'm taking 1000mg metformin er with my night snack...and this morning my number was still high so started 500mg metformin er with my breakfast. Kinda bummed my fasting numbers haven't been under control as much as needed. This morning my number after breakfast was elevated too.

So nervous of needles and not wanting to start insulin. Was hoping if I had to it would be towards the end of the pregnancy. But I guess what's best for baby will be done.

Met with a doula on the 14th as well. So this will be interesting. But if we do an attempted VBAC it would be nice to have a bit more support in the delivery room as my DH hasn't been in for one of those before and want to try to make it successful so hopefully don't have to have a repeat C-section and have restrictions, especially with our 2 year old wanting to be held a lot. This way he can take off for a few hours and spend some time with her as well so she isn't feeling scared and wondering where we are if she's with my parents.

4 years ago

Had my 20 week (was 19 wks 3 days yesterday) appointment with the maternal fetal medicine doctor yesterday. Had my hour + long ultrasound yesterday to do the anatomy scan. She was being a little stinker moving around so much for the first half. The u/s tech said she felt like she was watching a washing machine it was making her dizzy. LOL Baby is looking great. Only thing they said they would be keeping an eye on is that there was a little bit of extra fluid in her kidneys. She said it wasn't much over what they want so thinks it should hopefully clear up in the 3rd trimester. Otherwise baby's heartbeat was 156 bpm. Another u/s scheduled December 2nd. Should just be a 30 min u/s that time at least and no transvaginal u/s for another 8 weeks she said. They did that too yesterday to check cervix and how thick my C-section scar is.

Our 2 year old was actually watching the u/s this time a little and saying babeee. LOL

Currently up to 1000 mg metformin in the morning and 1000 mg metformin at night (regular metformin this time I guess since taking it 2 different times a day). Next step if numbers still high is adding insulin. Hoping this helps for a bit so can avoid that a bit longer.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Kinda quite on the board lately.

user submitted image

4 years ago • Edited

Hey crams I feel like we are the only ones still active here. Sounds like you had a great appointment and I hope the fluid clears up. Did they say what causes that?

My next doctors appointment to check HB is 11/11 so a week from Monday and then I have the big anatomy scan scheduled for 11/14. My blood pressure has been creeping up but then over the last couple of days it's low again (monitoring at home). Still taking metformin but haven't had the glucose test. Doc said I would likely have that done at my normal appointment in December. All my testing so far has come back normal so hoping for really good news over the next couple of weeks. I'll come back here and update you!

4 years ago

Hi girls...still very quiet here. Just thought i would update. We had our 20 week anatomy scan last week and everything looks good according to doc. We didn't get great pictures, so we are going back in 4 weeks to try again. I think i drank too much OJ before the appointment because baby would not hold still! I'm feeling great in the second trimester. Weight is packing on and i'm trying to be careful. I haven't felt movement yet, or if i have then i mistook it for gas. I'm hoping to start feeling something soon. My doctor put my on omeprozole to control my heartburn because it has been so bad. Hope you all are doing well!!

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo