Community post

Question

Likely chemical pregnancy, what do I do?

Fairly certain I’m having a chemical pregnancy. Here’s a quick run down of what’s happening. Saturday, 3 days ago, got 3 bfp on Walgreens version of FRER and one on a Walmart 88 cent cheapie. Over the past three days I’ve done at least 12 FRER and varying times of day and while they are all positive and pink, they haven’t gotten any darker than the First BFP I got. In fact some are even lighter. Walmart cheapies got darker than frer but haven’t gotten much darker either. I haven’t started bleeding, tests are still positive this morning, boobs are sore, but I have a lot of cramping and the light tests can’t be a good sign. When I was pregnant with my daughter the test line started out darker then any of these bfp have and got darker within a few days. I guess my questions are do I even call my doctor with this? The only other time I’ve been pregnant was a successful pregnancy so I don’t know if I should even notify them if it’s about to end. Secondly, if anyone else has experienced a chemical with similar test progressions, etc, when did you start actually bleeding? If this is going to happen I’m at lest thankful it happened early, but I want to get it over with if it’s doomed.

3 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I bled for 16 days with my chemical pregnancy, my tests got darker until day 14, which is kind of not what chemicals do, normally you bleed then your test is negative shortly after. I wouldn't worry about informing your doctor unless you need medical assistance and it's unfortunately just a case of waiting it out.

User image EBF 10 months!

5 years ago

I also had a chemical pregnancy i was 13dpo when i tested all my tests were very faint positives then after 3 days i got my period wich was due on the exact same day as i started bleeding but the bleeding only lasted 3 days pretty confusing i know

5 years ago

I finally started bleeding and got off of the especially draining portion of this awful rollercoaster yesterday. My tests were bfn again with fmu yesterday and by evening I had begun bleeding so I’m glad for some closure. Next go around I will not be testing until AF is at least 2 weeks late. So sorry for your losses as well.

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo