Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 496 Replies | Last Page

Ah that's a shame Scotty. Maybe take a blood test? Temp still high, no AF here.

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

8 years ago

Luna you could be the one hehe fingers crossed for you, I have been feeing a little crampy through the night so I think AF is on her way now ????

8 years ago

Nope, AF finally broke through here. I'm actually relieved! At least I know what's going on now. Just don't know if today is then day 1 of my cycle? Or should I count the day the spotting started as day 1?

I'm gonna have a BEER tonight haha.

8 years ago

Aww Luna, sorry to hear that but can understand that it is a relief.
If I were to put that in my app I think it would take today as day 1.. Take lots of opk tests so you don't miss it, then it won't matter as much. On to the next cycle xx

8 years ago • Post starter

Yeah I'll just keep a good eye out for my O this cycle. I did feel it coming, all of a sudden I had súch a cramp in my back. And I went to the bathroom and there it was

So I read about it online and apparently you're luteal phase CAN vary by one or two days, but it doesn't happen very often. It might also be that -because of charting my BBT for the first time this month - my O was just late and my LP is normally 14 days. So I think I'll continue charting, so I'll know for sure when I've charted a couple of cycles.

At least 1-2 day variation is considerd normal and due to stress, exhaustion, illness, change in climate, iow: we haven't got a clue . So that puts my head at ease, maybe the excitement of having timed perfectly for the first time got to me.

@Scotty: I read while researching this that you can even have a positive OPK and then not ovulate after all. Maybe you can ask your doctor how to figure out if you O'd? Because apparently the only way to know for sure is to see a temp rise. Because you can have the LH-surge without the egg actually jumping, because of hormonal problems or something.

@Coops: so now at least we can have a period party together

8 years ago

It's incredibly confusing isn't it!!
I agree with the surge though as I had a digital monitor which once told me I ov'd cd9 I then went on to have a "late" period which actually arrived on time if I ovulated when I normally would have, so the monitor was wrong!!

Welcome to the party Luna!! Hopefully your timing will match up with Italy!!
Hoping mine will match up with my sister in laws wedding when we are away for the weekend x

Yes it's incredibly confusing! I can't understand why they've made getting pregnant so difficult!

How annoying that your digital monitor had it all wrong right?! Crazy!

When is your sister-in-laws wedding? Hoping you'll get your positive OPK then and then a BFP afterwards

Wow this was actually cycle 10 without any contraceptives, although the first month of ATTC. It's crazy, I'm getting so impatient now.

8 years ago

Yes I got rid of it as soon as I realised it was wrong, very annoying!

A week on Sunday! Hoping I O on cd 14 again otherwise it'll be the following Wednesday which isn't good as hubby will be away again.

When do you expect to O?
I really want to forget about trying but it's so difficult when our time is limited together. This is cycle 19 for us, I think, losing count now haha and often have two cycles begin in the same month

So you mean from the 16th to the 22nd? That would be great! I think I'm O'ing around the 22nd now, so we'll be having lots and lots of sex on our holiday

I think it's impossible to stop thinking about TTC, and besides that, it doesn't really get you pregnant any sooner NOT to think of it. I figured: trying NOT to think of it and failing gives me as little piece of mind as just thinking of it. So now I just think of it whenever I want to! But in the second week of the TWW it went pretty well, I wasn't thinking about it so much! Usually the days around ovulation and around menstruation are the most agonizing for me.

But I understand you stopped counting months, you can't even use every egg so that's different. We may have skipped a few eggs because we weren't feeling like it, but that's different than when it's decided for you.

8 years ago

No, sorry, the 23rd or 26th, fingers crossed for the 23rd!!
You hear of lots of people conceiving on breaks so we could be those couples!!

I guess so, you just hear of so many who stop "stressing" not that I feel I stress but that it happens. It's impossible to forget, especially when you take vitamins daily to help.

Yes it is very frustrating when I know I'm ovulating and there's nothing I can do about it but hey, that's life!!

We haven't been able to bd on the day of ovulation AND the day after yet.. Maybe that'll make a difference for us.

Come on May babies!!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo