Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 496 Replies | Last Page

It's funny how we all seem to think the same!

I like the saying, no news is good news...so I am waiting until the 6th

Your friend should be able to put her own life to one side and respect you and what your going through. one of my friends said to me that it's not a big deal to get fertility treatment because I will still get pregnant eventually it's just with a little help ( she conceived her daughter in her second cycle of TTC) I wanted to punch her in the face

8 years ago

Hahaha that made me laugh!!! It is so true though, I would have wanted to aswell!! Oh yeah she completely gets it doesn't she? The heartache of your period arriving and wondering why it can't be your month!! Yes fertility treatment is great (if there is actually an issue) but the longing for your own child just grows each month and treatment isn't instant, nor is it guaranteed!! Silly cow! That 1 month must have been really difficult for her (why isn't there a red angry emotion?!?)

It certainly is!!! And I totally admire your power to withhold that pee from going on the stick haha!

I think we are totally positive in the first week, then feel we are just being stupid because of course it would never happen to us and we don't want to be disappointed.. But it WILL happen!!! Keep positive ladies xx

8 years ago • Post starter

I am so happy with you guys! It's really good realizing that all you feel is normal when you're TTC! Others have it too, haha (of course that is not nice for you guys, because I wish you had beautiful babybumps already, but still, so glad it's 'normal').

Scotty: wow I can't even wrap my head around how little you can emphasize with somebody else's feelings if you say stuff like that
Of course, ónce you conceive you will be really really happy and it will have been all worth it, but wouldn't we all much rather have tried for only two cycles? With two cycles I was barely even thinking of pregnancy. I mean, it's only because I entered cycle ten without protection that we switched to actually trying by timing intercourse. It's not like I was obsessed at the beginning, but after 10 months you want results! We're gonna try actively for six months now and if it hasn't happend then I'm gonna see my GP.

@Coops: I'm obsessed about my house too, but I can still listen to someone else's stories, no problem! I think that's part of being a grown up: realizing you're not the only one in the world and that other people have stuff going on too.

It's almost your test day! So excited! Lots of and to you ladies. Gotta get to work! Have a nice day!

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

8 years ago

Luna: I think you may misunderstand my point...the friend in question was very ignorant to my feeling as she couldn't understand that TTC can be stressful and fertility costs money. Her comment was blasé and Ill mannered when all I was looking for was some supprt and comfort. She has no clue How easy she found getting pregnant and has no clue what we are going through every month.

Have a good day x

8 years ago

Oh no I think your misreading mine! I mean that I can't imagine being as empathy-less as your friend is and that we'd all wish it would've worked out for us the way it worked out for her with only 2 months of TTC.

I'm sorry! I think your friend's comment was ignorant and b*tchy. I fully agree with you, not her! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

8 years ago

Oh okay haha!! Sorry I didn't want you thinking I was a violent person going to punch someone who got pregnant quickly

I dislike ignorant people..I was able to to my TTC feeling to one side and congratulate her pregnancy and be excited, she could t do the same.

We all must have someone who we can lean on for support eh??

Have a good day ladies #15 dpo nearly my time to you all x

8 years ago

Haha even that might be understandable if she was gleeful about it in a particularly annoying way. Wouldn't have been your finest moment, but ah well.

But indeed, I agree with you. I had a pregnancy announcement yesterday and even though I want to be pregnant so bad, I'm still happy for them and I will celebrate with them.

If I were you I'd definitely be testing today! to you!!

8 years ago

My friend has had her first scan today!!! It's so cute.. I'm so jealous!!
Boobs are hurting.. Why are af symptoms so similar to what we are told are pregnancy symptoms!!

15dpo.. Wow.. Only 3 days to go!!! Wishing you so muh luck xx

I am now doubting that I am pregnant based on how many other announcments I have heard ( 5 new pregnancies in the past week or so) we have a saying that "pregnancies come in 3's " which would mean that 1 more making 6 would be 2 loads of three haha!! Will I be that 1!! Maybe the 3 of us will make a new group

I am rambling on and talking rubbish scared of the

8 years ago

Haha oh my god... We could totally be the three!!!!!!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo