Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 496 Replies | Last Page

"Sometimes you've just got to stay silent as no words can describe the shit that's going on in your mind and heart"

8 years ago • Post starter

I will have a look at that - I actually forgot I did see that implantation calculator (implantation baffles me!!) it would seem I could get a positive 1 whole week earlier than my period is due????? Strange who actually makes up these rules lol!!

Coops I agree staying silent is the only way forward. Our day will come not matter when it does it will all be worth it and all these months gone past will not matter anymore until that day comes we will just continue to rant on here and make each other feel better...I had a really crappy day yesterday and being able to rant here helped.

People are not being nasty they are just ignorant and don't know the struggle we have faced...it may be easy for some but it is unbearably hard for others. It's like some people have great pregnancies and others are Very sick (complaining all the time) it annoys me but they don't realise I would give anything to go through all of it as would you both i assume

I am back on my soap box

#havefaith #yourdaywillcome

Much love x

8 years ago

You need to do some serious googling to find out about the implantation/LP phase if the calculator doesn't work.
Oh I completely agree, they don't mean to do it at all they just don't think.
Also the common question.. When are you having kids, like it's so easy to just do it.

Well ladies.. I can't quite believe I am about to say this.. I never quite imagined being able to say this... I'm pregnant!!!! I've just got my bfp and I am in total shock and shaking like a crazy person!! Thank you both for all of your support, you have kept me more sane than I would have been. This is proof that it does work!

Huge to you both!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always wanted to type

You must feel amazing!!!!! Keep us updated please I am so happy for you coops x x x

Arrgghhhhh!!!! X x x

8 years ago

Thank you so much Scotty! I am totally overwhelmed and shocked.. It's certainly not real yet! DH went back to work yesterday so I tried to FaceTime him this morning but as he's on nights he was asleep!! I've had to text him a pic which is the worst way to find out but hey at least he's finding out haha!!!

OMG Coops congratulations!!! I am soo happy for you! Omg you can't even share it with your husband! Bless him, he'll be shocked silly when he wakes up and see the pic haha!
I can totally imagine it feels unreal! But it must be an amazing feeling too! You will keep us updated on how things are going right?

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

8 years ago

Oh about the Luteal Phase:

The egg lives for about 7 days and then it needs to start implanting, or else it will probably die. Late implantations do exist, but usually the egg implants on roughly the same day. This also explains partially why some people get a BFN at their day AF is due and others get a bfp! Because if you'd just implanted it'd still be negative and if you already implanted 7 days ago uour hcg will be high!

So Scotty, you can test after 14 days easily, the problem is just that you will keep on wondering if you maybe had late implantation until AF arrives. But yes, you could test sooner than AF is due.

8 years ago

Thank you both so much!! I'm so glad I have been able to tell you as I'm not telling anybody else at the moment! Can't wait for hubby to see it and contact me although will mean a quick dash out of the office to answer!!

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.. Need to see you two get yours!!
The bright wee and stitch like pain must have been good after all!

Oh Coops how are you even focusing at work?! I am so proud of you haha! I think I would've had to take the day off to let it sink in, haha!

I am actually staying at home today. I still feel so sad about having my period, silly I know, but I don't know, it just hit hard that we're going into cycle #12.. The 'your fertility may be impaired'-cycle.

I'm so happy to see that your bfp has come, it gives me hope for my own bfp one day! But I needed a day to get a grip on my emotions I'm afraid. I feel so stupid but this period is just a tough one on me I guess.

8 years ago

It's not the easiest and I keep doing things wrong already haha. I really wish I had tested yesterday but I just thought there was no point. I wouldn't have tested today if it wasn't for that interview which I have now cancelled!!
I was tempted with a day off.

Aww Luna.. I know it's awful but try to stay positive, it will happen. I think this was our 14th cycle and my friend also conceived after 14 months so it does happen a lot.

I ate pineapple core days 1-5 dpo.. Worth a try next cycle x

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo