Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

461 - 470 of 496 Replies | Last Page

Hi Luna,

I am so happy to hear your pregnancy is progressing well!!!

I have now lost half the required weight which I am happy with. I hope to have it all off by the end of November at the latest.

That would allow me 1 cycle in before the new year.

I am hopeful but get fed up waiting.

It's all worth it!!!

Scotty xoxo

7 years ago

Wow Scotty! Congrats on the weight loss, you're doing really well then! So proud of you and hoping that you'll be able to start treatment before the end of the year!

Here all is going well. Had the combined screening today and there's a less than 1 in 5000 chance that our baby has Down syndrome or trisomy 13 or 18. Also I heard the heartbeat for the first time today, such a beautiful sound

I'm gonna pray that December is your month Scotty!

Coops, how are you?

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

7 years ago

Hello ladies,

Hope you are both well!!

I wanted to keep you in the loop...as I have been determined to track my cycle this month for a few reasons and get this BFP!

1. I am fed up waiting on the NHS
2. I am sure I must ovulate at some point and I am just some how missing it
3. I have been feeling really rather down the past few weeks and doing something is better than nothing.

Anyway my mum ( bless her ) bought me the clear blue advanced fertility monitor a few months back and I have never used it due to being told that medication would bugger up the result. I am on CD 22 and have been getting 'high' fertility results for 3 days and I know this is 'normal' since it's my first cycle using the monitor but I also used an amazon opk cheepie tonight and I am pretty sure it's a positive!!!! I will use the CBFM in the AM and hope it gives me a 'peek' result.

I have kept this to myself and decided to wait until after the new year to continue with IUI as I really need a break. Not from TTC just all the appointments and medication etc...I don't like the attitude of the nurses tbh!

I will keep you updated but I have ewcm and some slight cramping so that's a good sign. I was hoping to have a 30 day cycle this month as I have had this for the past 3 months but as I am on cd 22 I am O'ing later ( what's new I am a conundrum)

Wish me luck and I hope you are both well.

Scotty xoxo

7 years ago

Hey Scotty!
I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling down. I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling. I'm so disappointed that the nurses are not what you were hoping for. My doctor was awful when I told her I was pregnant and it's deflating to not have the response and attitude you would expect and for you it is so much harder given what they are meant to be helping you with.

Brilliant news that you have high days on your monitor, fingers crossed for the peak tomorrow. I don't mean to tell you this to dampen your spirits as I'm sure this is a true result but I used the monitor and one month (only one out of many) it gave me an incorrect peak, meaning I thought my period was late when in fact it wasn't yet due so if this month isn't your month then if your days were to change in future just be careful.

Wishing you all the luck! It must be very hard to stay positive but I hope you can as it will make the difference for you mentally and one day you will have your baby xxx

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi coops it's really good to hear from you!!

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. I totally understand where your coming from with the monitor. I have read loads of mixed reviews with it and tbh I am going to continue bding for a while longer just in case. With the amazon cheapie I have NEVER NEVER got a line that in anyway matches the control line and tonight's is really close!!! This gives me hope. I have bought more cbfm tests so will continue right through until af or hope bfp.

The stories I could tell you about the clinic would make you mad. I once got rather upset due to a cycle fail and the nurse said if I kept crying she would have to recommend I not have treatment as I unstable!!!!!! I was so mad at her!!!

They told me to lower my expectations as it's better to expect the worst than have hope!!!

I am a number and not a person according to them.

Scotty xoxo

7 years ago

I never got a darker test line, only ever very close to the same depth so that's amazing to hear to you have! Have a good night tonight ;) haha!!

Wow!!! If every woman that cries is unstable then there is no hope for any of us! And you have every bloody right to cry in that situation and they should know that, she clearly has no bloody emotions at all! I don't blame you for not wanting to go and giving the whole thing (medical side) a break. You hear of the amount of people that start treatment and conceive naturally, obviously not everyone but hopefully you can be one of those.

I know I've been very quiet on here lately for various reasons.. but, were always here for you xx

7 years ago • Post starter

Thanks coops

Talk to you soon

Scotty xoxo

7 years ago

Hi Scotty!

So sorry to hear about your experiences in the hospital. Such an outrage that they'd call you unstable! I mean, aside from it being rude and untrue.. how do they suppose you remain your calm self when having to lose lots of weight, taking or injecting yourself with hormones, having your eggs pulled out through your vagina, having painful surgeries and infections and having to sustain disappointment after disappointment, not knowing when your greatest wish will be fulfilled! I'd like to see them try fertility treatments!

So sweet that your Mum bought you the fertility monitor! How are thinngs now? Did you find your peak? Are you once again in the TWW?

I'd say: never lower your expectations, never lose hope! Positivity and hope are strengths, not weaknesses!

I can understand that you are completely fed up and can also inderstand you might need a break. I know lots of women who've gone on break and felt much better afterwards when they restarted fertility treatment.

Wishing you all the best Scotty and lots and lots of good luck and take care of yourself!

Coops, you and baby Lyla doing ok?

Here everything is fine. Bump has started to grow, am 15 weeks now, baby seems healthy.

Lots of love and I'm thinking of you Scotty! Will check up on you soon.

xoxo Luna

7 years ago

Hi ladies,

DH and I were away on a last minuet holiday to Edinburgh this week and just got back. It was a lovely break and enjoyed the Christmas markets too.

I am doing okay, did ovulate naturally but AF came as predicted (and on time) which is a step in the right direction. I am not focusing on my cycles for the next few weeks. I will contact the clinic in the new year.

Hope your both well I am a o glad to hear your pregnancy is progressing nicely and hope your looking forward to the festive season ahead

Scotty xoxo

7 years ago

Oh Scotty, you sound so much better than you did in your last post! I'm so happy that AF came. Of course, it would've been even better if AF'd stayed away for 9 months but well, you ovulated! Good for you honey

Also very nice to hear that you and DH had a nice trip together. Traveling and other ways to take your mind elsewhere and spend quality time together are so important in these tough times!

And you'll have a fresh go in January, that's really good!

Here everything is still fine. I'm 17 weeks pregnant now. And we found out that we're expecting a little BOY!
I'm so happy and he seems very healthy and he's kicking me like crazy for the last couple of days. I'm so in love with my little guy

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo