Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 496 Replies | Last Page

Ahh the weight loss is a great reason to avoid the alcohol. I am sure they will notice.. And if not I would be sure to point it out :)
We have a very social group who drink a lot. I cut down so much and avoid alcohol during the TWW but then when af arrives I get annoyed that I "wasted" the weekends being good when it was pointless.

We also have a king size, which we absolutely love. There is plenty of room for us, the cat (he takes up a lot of space) and we have room left over. We also have a large room so space isn't a problem but I agree with Scotty, being comfortable in bed is the main reason for the bedroom, amongst others ;)

Wow... 5 children, 3 dad's by 25! As much as I want to be pregnant and be a mother I actually don't envy her at all. That is not my idea of an ideal family and without a house or job I am sure she does not feel the way we will all feel when we get out BFP's... But it does feel unfair that people like her (sorry to sound so judgemental) are so easily able to conceive!

At least when we all do, it will be the most amazing experience and one we have all worked very hard for and will fully appreciate, our little ones will be very lucky to be so wanted xx

8 years ago • Post starter

She is a silly girl who doesn't try to better herself in anyway...she lets the system place her in homes that's in no way suitably for a baby let alone 4 other kids...it makes me so angry and I did have a mini melt down late night.

I have dropped 2 dress sizes so the better bloody notice haha!! I completely have up drink for 12 weeks during begining of weight loss journey but kinda missing it now lol

I will add it to my period party list of essentials (if required)

You are right coops our children will be brought in to this world under the right circumstances and will be provided with all the love and supprt the could want.

Thanks

8 years ago

Unfortunately there are so many people like that around and I went to school with many of them lol!! I just don't understand how they are so fertile, unless it's just because they are both at home so often they just never miss that egg.
We could never be happy sponging off the system and certainly wouldn't want it for our children. Our families will certainly have the better life and have muh more love and good times.

Wow 2 dress sizes, that's incredibly.. They will be sure to notice!!
You did so well to avoid the alcohol that long but it obviously paid off! Yes, add it to the period party haha (which you hopefully won't need!!!)

By the way.. Checked with hubby last night if he would go to the shop for ice cream if I needed it at 11pm... He said yes!!! Will be testing that

I recently went on holiday to Greece and AF showed up...I took really bad cramps REALLY BAD!! And DH left the apartment and came back with a bottle of water filled with boiling water (hot water bottle) where he managed to get that at 2am I don't know but I think I have a good 1 I have no doubt he would run to the ends of the Earth for me lol.

I am hoping for a positive party instead haha

8 years ago

Aww bless him, that's so sweet!! And very creative, especially at that time of the morning hehe...

Yes!!! A positive party would be amazing!! We are going away for the night next Friday.. Then seeing our pregnant friend on Saturday (she will just be 12 weeks so will have announced it to all) and our anniversary on Sunday... Friday would be a PERFECT day for our but if it doesn't happen then there will be a lot of alcohol to get through that weekend!!!

Well, we decided on a Californa King Size! It's 72 inches wide, not 76 inches. But it's a longer bed; 84 inches instead of 80, because DH is 6'3, he can use a little extra length . It's such an amazing bed, it's really soft and firm at the same time and electrically adjustable, which is awesome for heartburn during pregnancy and breastfeeding . It feels like sleeping in heaven! Can't wait to have it in the house! We decided that a little less room in the bedroom wouldn't bug us since we have a large study in the attic and two other small bedrooms for people that stay over and the baby .

Aww Scotty bless your husband! That is just the sweetest thing! And Coops, way to go on getting a promise on that before your BFP

Scotty your weight loss is amazing, 2 full sizes! Wow! I wanna lose 2 sizes! But DH says that he wouldn't like that because I have good assets haha)

Wow 5 children with 3 fathers at 25 is nót something to be jealous of! Indeed our babies will be sooo welcome and wanted. We actually went looking for a house with a garden before TTC because we thought our baby deserved that haha. We didn't want to start TTC until we found a project with at least 3 bedrooms, bathtub and a garden. Such a difference in deciding when you're ready. It's indeed really unfair that these people are that fertile!

I hope we all have alcohol free BFP parties instead of alcoholic Period Parties! Although being able to drink those delicious red wines on my holiday would be a-ma-zing, I have to admit haha! But being pregnant would be much more amazing-er haha!

Scotty: I love that you have a puppy, they are sooo cute And Maxie is a great name! My cats are full grown already . But they're still their momma's babies anyway haha!

Coops: that sounds like a great weekend for either alcohol or a BFP, although the BFP would obviously be preferable!

to you girls!

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

8 years ago • Edited

That bed sounds amazing Luna, bet you can't wait to move in now!!

Scotty.. I've just reread your first post.. Do you have a 17 day LP?
If that's the case you 13dpo today?? I don't know how you are being so strong to not test... I know it would be really disappointing to have a negative but I'm not sure I could stop myself haha!!

Omg you're 13 DPO?! OK in my case that would mean that I'm one day late, but still! Would definitely test at 13 DPO! Your self control is admirable!

8 years ago

We need confirmation if she has managed to hold back!!!

I'm not too sure if a longer LP affects the date of implantation..?

So excited!!!!

I don't think it does! Because the egg takes an average of 6 days to travel because the uterus in the fertile period isn't permeable for an egg. So your body uses approx. six days to change that environment so that the egg can hatch. At least; that's if I remember correctly from med school. So then it should probably be positive by now, although 6 days is really only an average of course.

Hoping for a !!! to Scotty!

I have the pain in my left ovary you described, Coops! Although I keep thinking it's probably bowel movement or something. Also interesting: my temp dropped bij 0.3F today. Implantation dip?! Trying not to get my hopes up because I've also had a really short night, so that may also be the reason. But one can dream!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo