Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

381 - 390 of 496 Replies | Last Page

Hi Luna...I now have an infection since my surgery!!! Called the clinic and the earliest appointment in the 13th of January so will have to wait however I am going to call my GP who had been fantastic in the past at giving advice and information so will call him tomorrow. I am on 2 different antibiotics...having a DVD day on the sofa!!!

I think it's great that you have told some people at work...you need that support and I am glad you are having positive vibes from them!! It's such a hard time and good days/bad days will follow. How has DH been feeling about it all, any better?

Coops I was thinking the same thing??? What's the exciting news????? Hope you and bump are keeping well

Scotty X x

8 years ago

Hi both
Sorry I've not been in touch much, work has been crazy and I've not really know how to responde to you both.

I feel awful that you are both going through these situations and just want it to happen for both of you so much.

Luna, glad you are able to talk to people around you about it, that must help when you're feeling low! You are certainly not out of the natural conception bracket.. It only takes one time and that could be any time!!

Scotty sorry to hear you had upsetting results :( does the one clear tube work "normally" my cousin only has one and she has produced 5 children :) it took time but it works. Great that there are no other issues to contend with except obviously the infection now, you really are having s bad time with it all!

I hope you are both feeling better and able to enjoy a festive December at least and try to put it to the back of your minds as much as possible until the new year!!

We were originally booked for a week on Friday but I brought it forward to this Friday, we have kept that secret though so only 3 days to go to find out the sex xx

8 years ago • Post starter

Aww coops that's fab news!!! 3 days you must be so excited.

Stop worrying about what to say, being in this situation is rubbish yes but don't let it make you feel like you can't talk about you...I can only imagine how excited you must be. Personally I feel like we are on a journey together the 3 of us (cheesy but true) we all started In the same boat and I would like to see it though until we all reach that goal

I am a very slow healer so the infection was anticipated lol I will be fine in a few days and I am going to try to stay as positive as I can throughout the festive period. I work in a nursery lol Christmas is coming out my ears!!!!!!!

The dr only really mentioned the 'bad' tube being a risk of ectopic pregnancy! She then said if I fall naturally while waiting to see her in 3 months I would need to have a scan at 6 weeks to ensure all is okay!! - this to me is good news as I MAY FALL naturally although there is a worry also.

My sister In law has one tube and had just announced she is pregnant with her 3rd baby so it is possible

Scotty X x

8 years ago

Awe thanks Scotty!! I feel awful being excited with you two but I know I would be so excited if it was the other way round. We definitely are on the journey together!! I'm really excited to find out. I'm also very excited to see you both through to the goal.

Oh yes, the nursery must be over run with Christmas, does that make you more excited or lose the excitement early?
Yes great that you can fall naturally and also you'll get an early scan.. Which is fantastic if it's all going to plan and if it's not at least they'll find it nice and early before any damage is done. You must be pretty apprehensive just because of the Unknown.
It's definitely possible, that must be tough again though, another pregnancy so close :( xx

Hi Ladies,

TTC for over 2 years now. My tests came back fine, I ovulate regularly. OH is good to go. I had a laparoscopy back in January to remove endometriosis which went well.

This cycle we have both been taking a multitude of vitamins on top of my regular folic acid. If nothing happens this cycle we will be using opks/ovulation microscope/preseed on the next one :)

I stopped using opks about 6-7 months into ttc as it was getting expensive. I also haven't used hpt for half a year atleast.

Fingers crossed for everyone ttc :)

TTC #1 since August '13. 44th cycle started 8th January '17. Currently in the process of an IVF cycle. 9 eggs collected 23rd January '17. 1 egg fertilised and looking at putting this fighter back on 25th January '17. www.lifewithendosite.wordpress.com

8 years ago

Coops when I found out my sister in law was pregnant I did have a mini melt down! She has been trying for over a year and was giving up the idea of one more and then she started complaining of pain on her left side and she assumed she had a cyst or something and then found out she was 6 weeks pregnant!! I am happy for her but it's bitter sweet as she had an ectopic pregnancy 2 years ago.

The nursery is great for Christmas spirit however it can be over the top! Unfortunately for me I have been of sick this week and went back to the dr today and have been given another week off as I have taken this infection and have loads of internal bruising!!! ( I am not a quick healer) the dr said if I don't heal slowly and properly I may hinder my ttc. So I will be off another week to chill and watch Christmas movies

Not long now until you find out the sex!!!! I am excited LET US KNOW STRAIGHT AWAY!! (Shouty capitals )

Hi Kelly good luck with your cycle this month X x

Scotty xx

8 years ago

Oh bless her, that's good news for her then but still hard for you to hear when you've been struggling for so long :(

Oh bless you, make sure you are taking is easy then and put your feet up. Nice break from the Christmas overload then and when you go back it'll be a lovely run up!!

I will do Scotty, I'll let you know!!!

Xx

Oh no Scotty! Now you have an infection too?! Can you believe it? I hope you'll feel better very soon and yay such good news about the possibility of falling pregnant naturally!!!

I'm so sorry I haven't checked in earlier, I had the craziest week at work. So I'm an editor right, and I make this magazine about medical science, and I do this website along with it (web editing). And now I've just got a third task, and that's video editing! But I don't know the first thing about video! So I had to try and learn eveything there is to know in a week!

Next to that, we have a Santa Claus celebration this week, because in my country, Santa Clause doesn't come during Christmas! So I'm experiencing lots of stress getting al the gifts and everything ready for tomorrow night!

Coops, I completely agree with Scotty. I'm just as excited for you as I'd be for myself! Today's the big day!! I'm so curious!

Kelly, in my country it's custom to start fertility treatment after two years of TTC, even if they found no reason for the lack of pregnancy. Shouldn't you be about to start treatment then?

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

8 years ago

Luna I am doing okay really board that I must rest when I have 101 things to do before Christmas!!! But I am going to use the time to chill out and stay centred!

Your job sounds very Interesting lol try not to get over stressed though!! It's actually funny that we know so much personal information about each other and not the basic stuff

Hope you all have a good weekend

Ps coops what's the verdict????????

8 years ago

Oh wow Luna that sounds interesting, shows how much they think of you though and the trust that they have in your capabilities!! Best of luck getting to grips with it soon, hope it doesn't stress you out too much.

Hope you are taking it easy Scotty but sure it's so tempting to do things around the house.. Get online Christmas shopping, you'll be done in no time...

We're having a girl.....

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo