Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

251 - 260 of 496 Replies | Last Page

I am so nauseous. If i wouldn't have spotting I'd think it's a good sign, now I'm just worried I won't want to eat during my lunch date

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

8 years ago

Yes compared to you ladies I'm just a stupid complainer, only starting cycle 12 and only be in month eleven!

Oh Scotty that must be hard, to see a niece or nephew being born with you wanting to get pregnant for so long. Of course you will love the baby, but you deserve one as well! I believe in signs as well! My Mom was also 27 when she had me, but I'm only 25 so I hope that won't go up for me haha.

I always keep telling myself that we're really young and I have 15 years left to conceive, imagine what they'd be able to do in 10 years in fertility clinics. Haha I just keep telling myself that to comfort the anxiety of never being pregnant. I mean I am not afraid about never having children, because we'd both want to adopt if conveiving isn't for us, but I would just loooooove to be pregnant one day as well. I just really want to feel what that's like, feeling a little human grow in your body.

But I've still got 15 years left! Just have to be patient.

Lot's of babydust to you ladies!

8 years ago

Hey scotty, hope everything is ok!
Very tough having somebody so close being in labour when you're struggling to conceive. You want to be so happy for them and be excited to meet the baby but it just emphasises what we can't have at the moment! Good luck with meeting him/her, bravest fakest smiles x

Once we have halls hubby's tests back, depending on the results, I will have another appointment to see where we go as I have had the all clear on blood tests so I assume it's dye through tubes etc next.

Aww Scotty you best hurry up then, you need to bake it for 9 months haha!! I messed up with my 14 month thing too, it would be October.. Although not sure if it's Octobers cycle or when I'd be due in October (which will be my next cycle so I'll go with that haha)

It's so easy to get down and upset about it but we just have to try and keep positive, not forget about it. Luna, I too want more than anything to experience the miracle of pregnancy but as you said if that is not possible then there are other ways, I just hope none of us have to experience those!

8 years ago • Post starter

I would love to experience the amazing gift that is life growing inside me!!! Its a dream!!!! To many people take it for granted and don't know what they have!!! Few like I am on my high horse today I don't think it matteres if you have been TCC for 4, 6 or 9 months it's hard no matter what! I can remember my first few months so full of hope and promise and it's still the same.

We are considering fostering children and have sent away for an information pack

It's not easy to 'forget about TCC' but filling your days with people who love you and things you enjoy helps. X x

Much love ladies and stay positive

8 years ago

That's true Scotty, but I do feel much worse about getting my period now then I did the first 6 months. Certainly with timing TTC I'd expected it would help, but nothing so far.

Luckily my friend yesterday was too sweet and she completely understood and cheered me up extremely, bless her

I'm having my Period Party woohoo

How are you doing today, Coops? Is the witch staying away? Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

8 years ago

Has yours arrived then Luna?
It certainly does help being around others. I have just been out with my friend and even talking about our friends who have just conceived (the have been together 12 weeks.. Engaged after 4 weeks and now pregnant!!!!!!!) it still kept my mind off my own.
Nothing to report as yet!

Oooo keeping my fingers crossed for you Coops!

Yes there's no mistake about this being the evil witch, I have the worst stomach and back ache and a mood to kill haha.

Well first day is usually the worst day, so all will probably be better tomorrow.

Wow being together 12 weeks and 4 weeks preggo and engaged

I know a couple that conceived the first month they got together and the baby is now 5 months old and she's now pregnant with baby #2... And it was an accident AGAIN. Wow. I mean, I could not even begin to think about having a baby with a man I knew for 3 weeks! And then the 2nd one following straight away... Then when do you ever get to be just a couple and get to know each other and experience the phase of being in love and everything. I've enjoyed that phase so much, I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

And I feel that with being together almost 5 years our base on which we're TTC is also just a lot firmer.

8 years ago

Yes day 1 is awful. At least now you can focus on the next cycle, each one is closer to achieving what we want!
No doubt she will rear her ugly head tomorrow for me!
I have an interview tomorrow too... If I do somehow find out I'm pregnant soon there's no point me going for an interview, which means taking half a days holiday too as I wouldn't leave my current job due to maternity. Whys it always so awkward, why can't we just know when it's going to happen lol!!!

I completely agree, it's just crazy! They can't know each other at all as a couple, and they won't for a very long time, although I'm sure they will all have a wonderful time with their children but, like you, I wouldn't have given up the time my husband and I have shared so far!

Sorry to here of your period party luna ( loving that my slogan has took hold)

Omg goodness that's very soon!!! My brother in law and his girlfriend split up for about 6months and they were back together 1 month and she told us she was pregnant!! She is in labour now I want to be happy for her but she has complained throughout the pregnancy and doesn't know what my DH and I are going through.

Fingers crossed AF stays away coops

I will be testing 1 week on Thursday...wondered will my implantation day be different as my LP is longer??! I should implant tomorrow (roughly) but not due to test until 10 days later???? I am a little confused ladies haha x x

8 years ago

Isn't it just crazy how some people live their lives.
One of my close friends is pregnant and has done nothing but complain, and she knows we are trying as she was also trying for 14 months I thought she would appreciate it so much more. Right now she is moaning that she doesn't know what to buy for the baby. I literally have a list in my head already!!! This is one of the very few times I will say "it's unfair"

Scotty the LP and implantation really confuses me too!! This website has an estimated implantation calculator and I think you may be able to put in your cycle length.. If so it may help you more. Is it Luna that charts temps? That would help you as you get the implantation dip don't you? I don't chart lol.
It's weird if you implant at the same time, which Luna thinks happens, why you have to wait 17 days and does that mean you could still get a true test at 14dpo?
HOW DO PEOPLE GET PREGNANT ACCIDENTALLY? ARRGGHH

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo