Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

411 - 420 of 496 Replies | Last Page

Yes that's right but if baby is positive then my body will build antibodies and can try to reject a future pregnancy but I get to speak to my midwife about it next week for clarification on how it's dealt with so I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'm 28 weeks now

8 years ago • Post starter

Yeah but if I remember correctly that's why you get the shot and then if u get pregnant next time they'll just monitor it. You should be fine I think!

Wow 28 weeks already! Going so fast. When's due date?

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

8 years ago

Hi ladies, sorry I have been neglecting you both haha!! I am doing well....started my first round of clomid (50mg) last month and my cycle is still really long. I have regular ultrasounds to cheak my follicles and they didn't grow I now have to wait for AF to show up and then I will start 100mg of clomid.

IUI is our next option and we a scheduled for April/May also

Luna that's great that you are finally getting somewhere!!! So happy for you and DH.

Coops thats a shame about your bloods...hope you are keeping okay and embracing the baby bump!!!

Scotty X x

8 years ago

I'm glad to hear it Scotty! How exciting that you're also gonna do IUI! But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen spontaneously for you before that time hun!

We planned a trip to Japan! I'm so excited! Keeps me distracted from baby things but I also have bad days, thinking pregnancy is just never gonna happen for me. Everybody falls pregnant so easily! It's so unfair.

So I'm trying to keep myself occupied with the Japan stuff, which is so much fun. It should be amazing there

Hope you both are doing well!

8 years ago

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to let you know that we got our final results back and the semen was way worse than they'd thought. It's not even good enough for IVF, our only option is ICSI.

I feel pretty sad today I must say.

8 years ago

Hi Luna

I am so sorry to hear your news. I can understand you feeling sad about that. Have they said when they will be able to offer you treatment? This sort of treatment is more likely to result in pregnancy though?

You will love and treasure every minute of your pregnancy and you will always remember the effort you went through to get your baby and that baby will be so very special for that!

Yes odds on pregnancy are much higher with treatment and, in any case, odds without treatment are about zero for us, so they're much higher for us anyway. We will start treatment in July, after we've been to Japan, so we can anticipate a little and get used to the idea.

And we have to get tested for hepatitis and hiv and we've been put on a waiting list so there will be happening some things now, and then in July we'll really start treatment.

8 years ago

Hi ladies

I am so sorry to hear about your results Luna!!! Try to stay positive and look forward to your amazing holiday!!! I myself have booked a trip to Greece

Coops hope you are keeping well??

I am on my second round of clomid 100mg - I have been up and down and a little bit crazy haha!!

Had a 15mm folicule on Monday due to be scanned tomorrow see if it's grew or hopefully released the egg already so fingers crossed!!

If this cycle fails I move to iui

Scotty X x

8 years ago

How exciting for you Scotty! Do you feel like IUI will help you?

I am still very sad about the whole ICSI thing. I feel kind of cheated because the semen turned out so much worse than it seems. There are only 200.000 seeds! They were talking about millions at first but apparantly they're too fragile
We are both very devastated but trying to stay positive: I'm only 26 and it's clear what causes our infertility, and a severe male infertility factor is correlated with a higher ICSI success rate, because there's usually nothing wrong with the fertility of the woman.

But I'm still so sad that my husband is almost 100% infertile.

Greece sounds amazing though Scotty, I hope you will have the best of time there. I've never been there but it's supposed to be beautiful! Good luck on this cycle. Hope it'll be your lucky month!

Coops, when are you due?

8 years ago

Hi ladies!!

Scotty good to hear from you, how is the clomid treating you? Crazy sounds about right given the situation but I have heard it can knock you about. How did the scan go? If you do need the iui it's great that you are getting it and are another step closer to getting your baby! When are you off to Greece?

Luna again it's great that you are getting the help you need and that you can try and remain positive about that and sounds like the treatment is just perfect for your situation so hopefully it won't be too long before you have some great news!!
I have everything crossed for both of you, you both deserve this so much!!

We are due 14th May x

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo