Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 496 Replies | Last Page

I was on clomid Nov-Jan and only ovulated the once...was told to loose 36lbs!! I have lost 22 so far and ovulated without treatment (supposed to be starting IUI in Sept/Oct as I dont Ovulate regularly enough

Fertility treatment is considered after 12 cycles of TTC in the UK also

Over the past few days I have been unable to concentrate at work!!

Goodnight (it's good to chat with people in the same boat)

8 years ago

Sorry finding it difficult to keep up on my phone. Also my friend was here and I didn't want to seem too rude but I wanted to reply!!
AF I believe is aunt flow hehe!!
Well done on the weight loss Scotty, that is amazing!!! Now just to get the final result to really show it was worth it. I suppose having a back up of iui is a positive though, and not too far away, I do hope you don't have to use it though.

Because we haven't had enough cycles where it would be possible, as he works away I don't feel I need to go to the doctors yet, although my friend was only offered tests once she hit 18 months, and that's the worrying thing if we haven't conceived this month I don't know when the next time will be that he will be home at ovulation!

Luna the 9th August is our first anniversary!!

Well that's 3 of us who are useless at our jobs this week.. Daydreaming is an understatement.
That's why I had to start this, I have nobody to talk to who understands xx

8 years ago • Post starter

Oh that's funny, Coops! Our anniversary is on the tenth actually, I want to test when I'm one day late since Aunt Flow () visits me in the late afternoon at the earliest
Anyway, it would be amazing to have a BFP on our one year anniversary. DH is surprising me with a date, maybe I can surprise him with a pregnancy haha!

It's a shame your husband works so far away then! Must be so frustrating that you can't make use of every egg!

Scotty, that's an amazing amount of weight loss you pulled of! Well done! You should be very proud of yourself! I heard that Clomid gives you really bad mood swings, do you have that too?

Yes the TWW is mostly agonizing.
I'm so relieved I found a place to talk about the TWW haha! My husband is just way too down to earth and only my sister knows, but since she's only 22 she doesn't quite get the longing.

Well I really need to get into the shower. and to us all!!

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

8 years ago

A pregnancy has to be the best anniversary present!!

Have you both been diagnosed with fertility issues if you've both had clomid?

I'm an accountant so having no concentration when dealing with millions of pounds isn't ideal!! Next week is our worst week... Typically!!

I admire you for being able to wait until AF shows before testing!!
That break sounds amazing and is easily the best way to spend the TWW!

I think it's different for the men too as it's not their bodies they are waiting for, he always asked when I'm due etc. The only person I was talking to has just got pregnant but now complains about feeling sick etc, I know it must be awful to feel poorly but right now id give anything to feel sick for 8 weeks if it meant having a baby at the end of it!

We'll all get there, just hoping it's not too long until it happens and we can keep each other sane until then :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Haha! I'm not sure that I'll be able to put off testing for so long, but one can try right

And no, I'm not on Clomid, I just heard it can give you the worst moodswings, which sounds horrifying to me! I hope our fertility isn't impaired! At least I know I'm ovulating

Oh accountancy is not a job where your focus can slip at all!

Yes it's very different for husbands. But I think mine is getting more anxious now! I also don't like talking to pregnant women. I'd be exhilarated to be nauseous from pregnancy

8 years ago

After the first year of TTC my GP gave me 50mg Clomid and then I was referred to a clinic...the recommendations was that I loss weight so in 14 weeks I have lossed nearly 2 stone. It would seem that the weigh loss has triggered my ovaries and ovulation on its own!

Clomid made me very moody and weepy!! I became a different person and everyone noticed. I was glad to come off it and now feel healthier... I am determined to loss as much weight as I can now

I am a nursery teacher...which can be hard seeing all these little babies everyday but it's actually just pregnant women that upset me?? I hate listening to there complaining lol

My poor husband is fed up with me (not that he had said this) but decided to come here for a rant at times. He is a very optimistic person but a worrier. He is also 10 years older than me and has wanted a family for a while now

Congrats to both of you on ur first anniversary...I got married May 3rd 2014

My sister in law is due on 26/8 (my birthday) and it would be easier to feel 'happy' if I had my BFP before hand

8 years ago

@Scotty: yeah I heard that about Clomid. You must be so happy that you're ovulating on your own right now! And wow, losing about 10kgs in only 14 weeks! That's so quick! How much more do you want to lose?

How nice that you're a nursery teacher! I think I would love to be with all those cute little babies all day long haha

It must be hard for your husband too yes! And I thought it was taking a lot of time with us! We threw out birth control in December but we weren't having sex on fertile days yet, just only when we felt like it.

I keep feeling a little sore in my pelvis, like a bit of a stinging feeling in my cervical area. I hope of course that it's a good sign but probably not as it's so early on (2 DPO today, another day went by! Yay!).

Congratulations to you too on your first anniversary then! I am actually really excited about it. Then we're officially not newlyweds anymore right? Although I must admit that I already felt married a good deal before we actually tied the knot and I haven't really felt like a newlywed anymore since half a year or so.

8 years ago

Omg I have had a long day and tried to reply earlier but kept getting called away from computer lol..I am Hoping to get another stone off before Christmas

I think it's hard for hubby as he has been ready for a while I am 25 years old and he is 35. TTC while changing jobs must be hard I have been wanting a change but holding off due to the fertility treatments (hoping I don't need it now though)

Due to this being the first month I have ovulated I noticed loads of ovulation signs and symptoms...I was deighted when I got that positive lol trying not to focus on the TWW signs that always appear and are really probably nothing (it's what drives is crazy eh?)

I know the wedding comes and goes but we lived together 1 year before the wedsing so I to felt 'married' prior to the big day....it's still special and will always be a day you can remember. i had my first fertility appointment 2 days before our anniversary which was actually okay as the put my mind at ease.

I am obsessed will baby things, names especially but furniture and prams I could look online all day!!!

8 years ago

Wow that'd be great, another stone off before Christmas! Here it was the other way around haha, I was ready wayyy before my husband was but luckily he's completely onboard now!
But your DH is still plenty young enough for a couple of cute babies

I have many symptoms every month and they're álways slightly different, so I always seem to think: YES I DIDN'T HAVE THIS BEFORE! I think I'm just imagining things haha.

Oh we'd lived together for 2.5 years when we got married!

And I've also already decorated the baby's room in my mind haha! You have the cutest things online! I'm completely in love with this crib that's shaped like a moon, it's so adorable

8 years ago • Edited

I hope I can keep the weight off always been bigger lol ( I go to a slimming class and it really helps) I always knew I wanted to have kids but wanted to be married first...it's not the norm here many couples live together and have children. Forgetting about marriage. My sister is engaged to be married and she is 23!!!

My DH is a gem and honestly so supportive...I want to give him babies he will make a great daddy!!

I LOVE your names I am the same love Sawyer and Warren for a boy and Mila and Alyssa for a girl working with children makes it hard to find names we both like because odds are I have a child with that name in my class

That's so funny I know the crib you mean and it's beautiful... I also have the room decorated what are we like!!! X x

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo