Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 TWW, anyone else?

View Full Post

Hi everyone.. I'm new on here. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for 13 cycles, no contraception for 18 cycles. He works away so in the 13 cycles we have only BD on ovulation day once.. Twice including this cycle.. This is why the 2 week wait is so much worse this time, who knows when the next time could be as my cycle keeps changing.
I got positive OPKs on 05/07 and 06/07, we BD both days.
I'm currently trying pineapple core, can't hurt to give it a go!
Anyone else in TWW?

496 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

361 - 370 of 496 Replies | Last Page

Hey ladies, sorry I've been crazy busy!

Yes I do feel much better now. Our GP said not to give up hope and that we'd only been trying for one year, and that we could be just the 10% that is so unlucky that it takes a little longer.
Monday is testing day for DH and we'll get the results the week after so I'm really nervous and we're not allowed to have sex this weekend

I always pictured myself with a girl Coops, and therefore am thinking I will probably have a boy haha! But honest to god by this point I'd be okay with being pregnant with anything if it meant I'd finally become a Momma. But how crazy is it that a few weeks from now you'll know what you're having!

Scotty, I understand you must feel so relieved! I am in between of being relieved and being scared haha. At least I feel like something is finally happening! Yay.

Enjoy your trip Scotty!

Mom to crazy, happy, incredible Oliver Due with baby 2 this Oct

8 years ago

I'm having spotting again ladies
Not the best bday gift in the world for me I'm afraid

Having another period party here

8 years ago

Aww I'm sorry Luna.. And on your birthday too.. At least the period party and birthday fall quite well together.. Wine, chocolate and what ever the hell else you fancy!!
Hope you get the results through soon and can take the next step!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Well we got the results back and they're not good. DH's got only 8 million seeds, instead of the minimum of 20 million, though motility and morphology seem OK.

He needs to retest in 6 weeks, not sure what's gonna happen now and not sure how I feel either. Just thought I'd let you know.

8 years ago

Aww Luna sorry to heard that...try not to get disheartened, it may improve with the next test. There are many treatments for men and women equally so fingers crossed for you

Keep us informed please and keep your chin up X x

Scotty X x

8 years ago

Oh Luna that's obviously not what you wanted to hear. At least you know the reason for the difficulty but it only takes one little swimmer to get through.
I assume they gave you ways to improve the count?
Men constantly produce new sperm, don't they, so hopefully the next sample will have improved. The fact that they are healthy would also make iui possible so there are still plenty of options xx

Well we're already doing quite a lot of that: DH takes folic acid, selenium and zinc, and vitamin C, and we both cycle for an hour each day (not very fast, like 16-20km/h, but still, it is good exercise), we go hiking in the weekends, he plays golf and we go for a run in the weekends, he's not overweight, he doesn't smoke, he doesn't drink loads of coffee and nor does he drink much alcohol. So it's really like: what else can you do at this point?

I'm thinking we're just gonna wait for results and keep trying the natural way, because 8 million is still 8 million. Even though chances have pretty much ceased to exist for natural conceiving at this point, it's not like it's IMpossible.

Anyway, DH takes it quite hard, he is pretty upset. I decided that I'm definitely gonna lose a little extra weight now. I'm at 78 kgs now, and will be at healthy weight at 72 again, so I might as well lose these extra kgs before fertility treatment... Won't harm our chances but may up them! Hope I will be at 70 before we're at the gyno's practice (it might take a few months before we get an appointment there).

And we're gonna stop the OPK's and the temp charting and everything, because that's not of much use anyway. We know now that it's probably not me that's 'causing' the problem, even though I say impaired fertility is something you have BOTH.

So I actually feel a little better right now, knowing what's going on. I just kept feeling like it was my fault, that I wanted it too much and that that's why it wouldn't happen. And now I know it's just bad luck, so that makes me feel better, but DH was so upset he said I should find another man that would be able to give me what I wanted most and that he wouldn't let me do IVF or ICSI if necessary, because that was far too much trouble for my body and it would be HIS fault that he had to put me through that, so he wanted to try donor sperm in that case.

And I said: well that's all very well, but it's not worth much if I want to be having YOUR child. So in the end he calmed down a little and he now sees too that it could be worse than 8 million seeds and we're hoping that the next test will be better or as high as this and that we can just do IUI.

So, trying to stay positive ladies, although I must say I'm also grieving a bit now and then. I really just wanted to conceive in bed rather than in the hospital.

Scotty, how was Berlin? Tomorrow is your HSG-surgery right? So exciting! Are you nervous?

8 years ago

I think you sound very positive Luna...keep thinking the way you are and don't let negative thoughts take over!!!

Berlin was amazing great to chill out and be a tourist for a few days!!! DH birthday today also so have spent the day with family.

Yes go in to hospital tomorrow morning...feeling apprehensive now but trying to stay calm going to have an early night and relax with a wee movie.

Will let you know how I get on x

Scotty xx

8 years ago

Oh bless him Luna, it's a real knock for him isn't it thinking he can't give you what you want but part of wanting it is clearly for it to be with him!
As you say there are 8 million and they are healthy, there is every chance it will happen naturally but if it doesn't don't let it get to you, the end result is what's important and if it had to be done elsewhere it just shows what lengths you went to to get the baby and it will always know how wanted it was.

Best of luck tomorrow Scotty. The start of a journey for you and the end will be a baby, how exciting!!!

Xx

I'm glad you had such a good time Scotty, I hope your surgery will go well for you, please keep us updated!

And yes, DH takes it quite hard, he really wanted to have superseeds and knock me up in the first month, and now without help chances are it's never gonna happen at all. So that's pretty sad
But he also says that it's probably gonna happen for us and luckily we're both still young (I'm 26, DH is 30 y/o), so that ought to improve our chances in fertility treatment as well!
We both agree that worst case scenario, if we don't conceive during fertility treatment, but ONLY then, donor seed is an option for us, and even adoption.

I have a half brother that I love just as much as my full blood sister, so I know that love isn't written in your genes, but in your heart, but I would really love to experience pregnancy one day, so it would be our last choice.

At least it's good to know that we don't mind raising somebody else's child if we can't raise one of our own.

Anyway, that's all wayyy ahead of us. DH will get his sperm tested again in January and then we'll also get our first appointment in the hospital, so we get to enjoy the holidays without painful exams and fertility treatments and hormones and all horrible things.

I actually start to feel more powerful by the minute, I feel like: well, things could be much worse and at least we are getting some help! I feel really inspired to lose those 6 kilograms to be back at healthy weight so that our chances will be optimalized and just go for it!

I'm just really relieved to KNOW what's going on. And I know it will just make DH and me stronger in the end, to go through this together

Anyway, thanks for all your sympathizing, it really helps with the coping!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo