Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part12

View Full Post

Welcome to part 12 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone looking to catch up, part 10 is here:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=22954

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

292 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 292 Replies | Last Page

Hi Ladies AF is 3 days late and still faint lines and bfns! Going in for a beta today. If it is negative, then i will take provera in hopes that AF will come and i can move on with our conception plan!

User Image

11 years ago

I've been there Holly! So frustrating.

Allison, so glad you got your dates fixed. I keep my fertility calendar on my phone.

Gunzzz, good luck!

Mrs K, glad things are falling into place for you.

Sharayn, did you test again?

Hope everyone else I missed is doing well. Luck and hugs to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

First, I must apologize for being so self absorbed these last few days. I haven't responded to many posts. I'm just a wreck since AF is 3 days late!

I had a beta test today to see if I am pregnant or if AF is just late because of the progesterone I'm taking (or God forbid something else).

Well today I got the results back from the gazillion blood tests they did on the 17th for our Fertility Panel since we are preparing to start treatments this next cycle. Our results were as follows:

DH - No issues whatsoever

Me...that is another story.

1. I have the MTHFR Deficiency - they are going to proscribe some special prenatal vitamins which have extra folic acid and should help me in that area. I think I read somewhere that having this deficiency increases your risk of miscarriage. I have to learn more about this.

2. My AMH Level is a dismal .16. I asked her to repeat it about 2 times to make sure I heard her correctly. She said my RE prefers it to be 1. Basically, my age is a huge factor and egg quality is poor - which they say can be expected, but not to lose hope.

They say all of my other test results thus far were great and they have had success with patients with similar levels like mine; however, I cannot help feeling bummed by this news.

Does anyone else here have these issues?

User Image

11 years ago

Well ladies, first day of clomid has been tolerable with a good deal of nausea. Hope that's all i get with clomid. Good luck!!

11 years ago

lisserb - Tested again this morning. Line still faint. Prolly fainter than 2days back. :( Today is my 11days past trigger so I guess it might be due to the trigger as I read that it can take up to 14days for the trigger to leave your system.

Good luck ladies! Hopefully we will all get that BFP soon! :)

11 years ago

Holly3307,
It'sa nice to have another person here who is TTC#1 and is over 40...we're a small club....but we've got to stick together!!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

@MrsFlasche - Thanks. I'll be 42 this summer and hope I have a BFP before then!

@sharayn - Hope your lines start getting darker soon. FXD for you!

@proudmom3 - I'm waiting for AF, so I can get my baseline US and then get my prescription for Clomid or Letrozole...However, I'm not sure if my MTHFR diagnosis will cause my RE to change what plan we have for us, but I shall see. Given my low AMH and the fact that I typically do not see much fertile CM, I may skip timed intercourse and go straight for IUI. If I do end up taking Clomid, I hope I don't have ill side effects!

@felurian - How are you feeling now? You should be almost done taking your clomid right?

@MrsK - When is AF due? I'm waiting for her also. Just because I am waiting for her...she is taking her sweet time coming! She is currently like 4 days late! Grrrrrr!

@Ktindall - hope you got lots of bding in!

Sorry if I missed anyone. There has been a lot of activity in this discussion...which is a good thing!

AFM - I've been spotting for the last few days which is unusual for me. I'm waiting for AF to arrive (she is 4-days late - which never happens to me), so I can get on with the next phase of my TTC Journey. I took a wondfo this morning and FRER. Could swear I see a faint line on both...maybe I'm just imagining it. It really doesn't matter because I had a beta test yesterday and will hopefully know today or tomorrow if I am pregnant or my system is just messed up from the miscarriage or the progesterone I'm taking.

User Image

11 years ago

Holly, I hope you get some good news soon. They are sure taking their time to get your results to you! I'd go crazy if I had to wait a few days for hcg beta results.

Also, I don't know if MTHFR is my official diagnosis, but my doctor did tell me I have a problem with my blood clotting too quickly and may cause blood clots in the placentas. I know that MTHFR is very similar to that. I just take a baby aspirin every day to help reverse that effect.

And I'm taking my second to last dose of Clomid today. So far I feel good. But my side effects usually start after I've finished my doses.

Proudmom hope your symptoms don't get worse!

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Question ladies???? What CD do u normally ovulate when taking Clomid? I heard some woman ovulate late and I was curious cause I got my OPK+ on CD 13 last month and Im on CD 12 today....

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Janet. Before Clomid, I would normally ovulate around CD 20-22...very frustrating. On Clomid, my last two cycles I've ovulated on CD 13 and then on 14. I think that everyone is different and that some women do ovulate later, but for me it has put me a week earlier.

Hope that everyone is doing well...my head is spinning from all of these posts.

I am stuck in a very uneventful TWW at 8DPO. Thankfully, my tests haven't arrived yet, so I haven't been able to torture myself with any early testing.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo