Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part12

View Full Post

Welcome to part 12 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone looking to catch up, part 10 is here:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=22954

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

292 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

271 - 280 of 292 Replies | Last Page

Thinking of you Felurian. I hope that things work out for you.

10 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm a nervous wreck right now. I should get a call any minute with the results. I'll know sometime in the next two and a half hours. I didn't do a pregnancy test today so I don't know what to expect.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

10 years ago

Wow! No way I'd have been able to avoid poas! Fingers crossed and thinking of you!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago • Post starter

They called and results were negative I don't really understand what happened, but since the blood test was negative, officially this was an unsuccessful, non pregnancy cycle. I didn't get a chance to ask what the level was exactly, so I'll just wait to get the lab results emailed to me sometime tomorrowish. We're going to give it one more shot, then take a hiatus. The doc wanted to do three IUIs, so we're going to do that.

I haven't been happy with the results I've been having from my drugs, and want to know what to suggest for next time. This past cycle I did 100 mg Clomid with two separate shots of 150 mg Bravelle FSH. The goal was two or three follicles, but I barely got one. The month before was 100 mg Clomid and one 150 mg shot of Bravelle, which also barely got me one that matured very slowly. What have you guys done differently that worked for you and got you more follicles?

Now excuse me, I'm going to go make myself a huge, chocolatey, oreo milkshake. I don't drink, otherwise I'd be getting a stiff drink right now.

10 years ago

Oh no! :( Big hugs honey!

Can you ask to switch to all injectables? Maybe 150iu of gonal F right from the start? When is the RE timing your IUI to your shot of hcg? Can you ask for back to back IUI's, one at 24 and one at 48 hours after the shot?

I wish you'd have had success this cycle. *hugs*

Those are good suggestions. That change might help a lot. And I am going to insist that the doctor handle my treatment this month. I don't trust or like the nurse practitioner, and I especially don't like that I'm paying to see an RE but am treated by the NP!

I was planning on bringing up my concerns about the IUI timing. They don't time at all. It's just like, oh your follicle is ready? Here's the HCG shot. Now come back tomorrow sometime that we have an appointment open. I'm going to be very firm that they actually time it for me this month. I don't know about double insemination... we're already so tight on finances, and an extra insemination would be another $400. DH and I will have to discuss it.

10 years ago

Ok. The double insem may not be necessary if they can get the right time for you. The timing needs to be between 30-40 hours after the shot. If they can't schedule that for you, ask to bring the shot home and do it yourself. I did my shots myself in my belly at midnight, then had my IUI's done at 2pm the second day after the shot. I'd do the shot the night when my lead follicle was 19mm or bigger. So Wednesday night at midnight I'd trigger and Friday at 2pm I'd have my IUI.

If you can get the injectables right from the start and have approx 36 hour timing, I think you'll have a good chance at success.

My clinic has the nurses do the actual IUI too. The Dr does the follicle u/s though.

That's the timing I had heard about before and what I'm going to try to do this month. I think it may work well. I'm pretty sure we did the insemination too early this time. It was only 20 hours after the shot.

Okay, I guess it's more normal than I thought then. I'm just frustrated because I never see my doctor. I've seen him three times in the four months we've done treatment. If the nurse doesn't change up the meds and treatment plan, then I'll have the doc meet with me.

10 years ago

Ladies,

Today was the first doctors appointment for our bundle of joy. I was so excited. I'm still in shock. I would post the ultra sound picture but I don't know how.

How is everyone else doing? Does anyone else have any good news.
Keep the faith

KT

User Image

10 years ago

Congrats, KT!

Just took my last dose in my second round of clomid. No night sweats this time around!

Let's hope I get a + OPK this time! (I'm testing already and will continue until I get one, unlike last cycle.)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo