Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part12

View Full Post

Welcome to part 12 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone looking to catch up, part 10 is here:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=22954

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

292 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 292 Replies | Last Page

Felurian, we would love to read the article. At least we can say we know someone famous!!
We have decided to give things a rest and maybe start looking into adoption. I think that might also be a wonderfull experience. It is just a long process. I live in South Africa, and there is a lot of red tape. But we will keep on praying.

10 years ago

felurian - Thanks! I'm actually going away for the weekend (and it's not heavy), so I'm going to wait to talk to my doc once I get AF next week. I never found this pre-AF spotting particularly strange, though this time it is all dark brown. Perhaps you ladies can cross your fingers it's IB, but I'm not daring to get my hopes up again.

Good luck to you and everyone! Would love to hear more success stories!

10 years ago

JBergsma, good luck! I don't know the first thing about starting the process of adoption. You'll have to keep us in the loop and educate us all about how it's going! Especially in S. Africa.

Okay, here it is. You have to pay to see the original article online so I've been copying it to anyone who wants to read it haha

Couple faces the challenges of infertility
by Sheila Gardner

When Allison Jeppson was in the fourth grade, her career day ambition was "stay-at-home mom."
Now 24, her goal has never changed.
She married her husband John in 2009, and thought by now she would be well on the way to motherhood, only to experience the heartbreak of multiple miscarriages.
Diagnosed with an infertility disorder, Allison and John have agreed to speak publicly to shed light on the "lonely and private" challenges of trying to have a baby.
Allison, a substitute teacher, is undergoing treatment at the Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine in Reno.
It's a complicated and costly process, but the Jeppsons say they are grateful to have found the center.
"I am completely open about every aspect of the process," Allison said.
She is undergoing intrauterine insemination, a procedure which costs about $1,200 a month.
The Jeppsons' expenses are not covered by insurance which Allison said precludes many families from seeking help.
"It's completely out of pocket," she said. "Some insurance companies regard it as 'cosmetic' surgery which is extremely offensive to me.
"People have to put their dreams on hold because of money."
John Jeppson also is a substitute teacher, and is waiting to hear from several graduate schools which he's applied for advanced study in microbiology.
The Jeppsons have learned many lessons in their journey.
The first was not to wait to explore options or seek treatment.
"We were going to wait for a few years before trying to get pregnant," she said. "And I am glad we didn't. That would have just put our efforts out that much further."
The Jeppsons say their journey has brought them closer together.
"I have learned that when a woman has a problem, you just listen and not try to fix it," John said. "This has definitely prepared us to have a baby. We will definitely appreciate him or her."
The Jeppsons have learned to be patient and open with family and friends when discussing infertility.
"It is a taboo subject," John said. "People think you shouldn't be so personal."
The Jeppsons have had to endure painful - and sometimes humorous - comments from well meaning acquaintances.
"They'll tell us, 'Just relax,' or, 'You're trying too hard," Allison said.
"The worst is people who find out what we're going through, then complain about their own kids, or tell us how lucky we are not to have any," John said. "they are so flippant."
People ask why they don't adopt.
"With adoption, you have to be emotionally prepared," Allison said. "A good question to ask yourself is have you finished mourning your infertility and your chances of having a biological child?"
Adoption is an option, the Jeppsons said, but is an expensive and lengthy process.
Private adoption can cost upwards of $20,000, the Jeppsons said.
This time of year can be emotionally difficult with Mother's Day and Father's Day, graduation and other family rites of passage.
There are support groups, but the closest is Sacramento.
Allison is active with online communities and has her own blog: progressingincircles.blogspot.com.
In her blog, she writes about her decision to make her voice heard.
"I had feelings of hopelessness, abandonment, loneliness... Things I felt because I was completely alone in my battle. I was uneducated about infertility and pregnancy loss, and had no idea that help was out there.
"I had to work on my own to pull out of it and find my happiness and joy again. Once I did, I was a new person. I was stronger and knew I could overcome anything thrown into my path. It was then that I knew I had to make my voice heard.
"I had to let everyone out there experiencing infertility know that they are not alone. During that time, I resolved that I would never let anyone I know go through what I went through. I had to let all of my friends, family, and members of my community know what infertility is, and how to help those in their lives who are afflicted with it. I had to let everyone know that infertility is hard, but it sure doesn't have to be lonely. It can be overcome solo, but why not make it easier and do it with support?"
"I'll receive an email that says, 'I know you're a person I can talk to,' It's really rewarding," Allison said.
"I feel like part of the reason I am experiencing this is to empathize, to help other people, to serve, and be a comfort to others by sharing our trials and tribulations,"" she said.
She also recommended Resolve.org, the National Infertility Association.
The Jeppsons grew up with two siblings each, and hope to have three or four children.
"We are 'realistically optimistic,'" Allison said. "What our doctors have told us is that there is a solution for all the characteristics we are experiencing.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

10 years ago

Very well done Allie! I'm hoping that this cycle is the one for you!

Hope there are lots more BFP's to come for everyone!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago • Post starter

Wow felurian! What a great article!!......ok I'm going to post my test from today 12 days past trigger 10dpiui.... I know I go through this every month but what do you girls think???? Still trigger or start of bfp??User Image

10 years ago

I see it Darian! I think the only way to know is to see tomorrows test. Fingers are crossed for you! :)

Thanks, guys!

FX that this is it for you, Darian!

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

10 years ago

This may be crazy but my mom works in a lab at a hospital here in Ohio. She brought home stuff to draw my blood and she is gonna run a beta on me..... I'm curious to see what the number is!!

10 years ago

Very cool Darian! :)

lisserb, I stopped the progesterone on my doctor's orders - I take it for 12 days after ovulation. When the BFP shows up I start again. I think they do this so *if* AF arrives, she does so in a timely manner.

Soooo. I tested Friday morning - mostly because they told me to test on the 18th and that was a saturday. I figured....if it's positive, I want to call and make any appointments I need to while they're open....and if AF started (since she usually does before the day I'm supposed to test) I can schedule ultrasounds. (Next month we're doing the injectibles....and need to have baseline ultrasounds and things like that)

Well. I tested. BFN. However, no AF. She's taking her sweet time. I'll test again tomorrow morning.

User Image User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo