Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part12

View Full Post

Welcome to part 12 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone looking to catch up, part 10 is here:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=22954

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

292 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 292 Replies | Last Page

Ugh...sorry Felurian. That is really rude of them. I am a teacher and our policy is that kids need to be fever free for at least 24 hours before tjey can return to school. It always amazes me how many parents knowingly send their sick kids out into the world :( I hope your DH is feeling better soon!

First day of Femara for me...fx that this does the trick!

11 years ago

Morning, ladies - Looking for some thoughts on my experience so far with clomid.

Real quick: My doc put me on clomid (cd5-9) and oral progesterone (cd12+) because I haven't gotten pregnant after trying for more than 1 year. All initial tests, including hsg, progesterone, thyroid and sa came back normal.

So, I'm on cd16 and my OPKs (taken since cd12, by doc recommendation) have all been negative. I normally ovulate somewhat "late" - cd15-19, but I thought this onset of drugs would make me ovulate earlier. We BDed on cd 11 and 15 so far, but husband very badly hurt his back, so i need to be strategic.

Any thoughts? Could the combo of drugs make me NOT ovulate?

Also, should I *feel* any different on these drugs? Because I don't at all.

Thanks in advance for helping to assuage my worries.

11 years ago

Clomid ladies!! I am joining you !!! I've bounced through this thread a little knowing that I would soon join you and now here i am , starting clomid tomorrow, 50 mg cycle day 3-7.

DH and I have been TTC almost 2 yrs :(, recently changed insurance, have a new doctor and he is very proactive so we are excited to get the ball rolling.

I'm excited to join you and very hopeful but nervous too! So tired of disappointment, as we all are.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you ladies , and getting any tips for my first clomid cycle. Wishing you all tons and tons of .

User Image

11 years ago

Hello ladies,

Welcome babiessoon

Ssurra - you should be fine. I've done both and still o late.

Liith- I hope this it. I'm going to ask my doctor about using the fermara.

Cbrown- I've been on Clomid 2 months and never experience spotting. I've had other side effects though.

As for me took a test this am and got a bfn. A little sad but hey its God's timing I can't be to mad. I seen I drop of spotting yesterday( @least that's what I thought it was it was so light) lol. Other than that still mild cramping, strange cravings, my breast feel sore a little, and certain foods smells make me sick. And I'm hungry a lot and feel full. Other than that still happy.

User Image

11 years ago

Hey ladies- weirdness here:/ so, as u know, we had ro take thus cycle off and go back on BC due to more cysts from my meds. So, yesterday was cd20 and i saw brown spotting when i wiped (sorry, tmi). Now im feeling crams like im going to start tomorrow and its only cd21. Wth? Good thing is, my next appt and US is on Tuesday!!

10 years ago

Hi ladies!! How is everyone? Hope all is going well. Afm, I took clomid this cycle from days 5-9 and now I'm on cd16 and still haven't gotten a +opk which is unusual. I have been bd enough I think that this is our cycle however, did anyone have pain on the ovaries while bd after taking clomid? I am having bad pains on the left side when I bd and I need to know is this normal because of the stimulation from clomid? Plz help!!

10 years ago

Proudmom- I had the same thing with Clomid my ovaries hurt. First round it was sever this round its mild. So for me it has become a norm. Hope that helps

User Image

10 years ago

Proudmom, I have never had ovulation pains like I had on my Clomid cycles. 1st cycle was awful and 2nd was a little better, but both times had distinct, sharp pains on my left side for a full day or more before ovulating.

10 years ago

Hey everyone! So I emailed my doc about the CD 10 spotting. He said that spotting can be a sign of ovulation, but CD10 is a bit early. He told me to continue to monitor it. Haven't spotted since, nor have i gotten a positive OPK. I get them anywhere from CD 16-CD 20 so I'm not worried (just yet). Just wanted to share that I suppose spotting is a bit out of the ordinary during that time of the cycle and it's worth contacting your doc if you experience it.

10 years ago

MrsK yes they know about our treatments and the IUIs and everything.

And guess what... I'm sick now, too. Luckily it's from the "lower end" of the body and not throwing up. I feel terrible... and I have my follicle check today, they should be nice and ready, so IUI tomorrow. I just wish I felt better! I know I shouldn't be going out in public with my little bug, but we've spent hundreds of dollars on this cycle so far. I'm not about to cancel it! I am a terrible person. I'll just wash my hands a ton and not touch anything at the doctor's office. Or touch anything anywhere.

So, yeah. Brother and family definitely not allowed inside if they've been sick at all.

I also had some spotting yesterday. No clue what that was about.

Lilith how is the Femara treating you?

ssurra- did you get a pos OPK yet?

Welcome babiessoon! I'm not sure if I have many tips. Just be good to yourself. Sometimes it can cause some unpleasant symptoms.

MrsMullen hope you get some answers at your U/S tuesday. Anymore bleeding?

proudmom it's normal to feel some pain and tenderness

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo