Community post

Discussion

It's a long TTC road!! Come and stay awhile! :)

View Full Post

I'm starting this thread for the women who have been TTC for a while....and either not having success or are having multiple frustrating losses. There is no judging....and it's a group for support (and virtual hugs!) whenever we need it.

So, come....stay awhile....grab a hot cup of tea (or coffee!) and type away!

Me...33 Hubby...34 Nov 2002...high risk pregnancy, preterm labor @ 31wks, held in our son until 37wks, born 7lbs, 20in October 2007...blighted ovum @ 6w4d, D&C October 2012...fetal death @7w4d subchorionic hematoma, D&C, 46 chromosomes, normal female Waiting to TTC until June!

300 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 300 Replies | Last Page

@dolphin....we are preventing until May/June because we both do not want a Christmas due date. My DHs bday is after Christmas and he has always hated it....overshadowed by the holiday and everyone is stressed & strapped for cash. We always throw nice bday parties for our son (Thanksgiving baby!)....and figured that a party around Christmas when everyone is so busy and tight on money could be avoided. It's just our opinion and want to avoid a December/January baby. Just works for us.

On that note....DH wasn't overjoyed with the prospect of wearing condoms after 10 years of marriage! LOL I guess we can just avoid sex before my O....and I can still track my cycles to get to know my body better.....cause nothing I've been doing is obviously working!!

*sigh*

Me...33 Hubby...34 Nov 2002...high risk pregnancy, preterm labor @ 31wks, held in our son until 37wks, born 7lbs, 20in October 2007...blighted ovum @ 6w4d, D&C October 2012...fetal death @7w4d subchorionic hematoma, D&C, 46 chromosomes, normal female Waiting to TTC until June!

11 years ago • Post starter

This is the worst tww! I think I'm out this cycle. 10dpo and I took my temp this morning 100.10. Guess my husbands cold finally got to me. Anyway since I didn't get a real temp today I broke down and tested on a FRER. BFN. So disappointed and so sick...

11 years ago

So sorry aleerph.....i feel your disappointment....check out my last hpt pic! BFN....but what I wrote says it all. I am so upset. Just after my loss....and the damn 14-15 weeks of bleeding and slow as hell dropping levels....then had to go on BC pills to stop the bleeding....waited till that was over....then had to wait to ovulate. I have been depressed for about 5 months....and seeing BFNs every morning tops the cake. Just feel so defective.

*sigh*

11 years ago • Post starter

Boston

I know that this is not what you want to hear but I'm not counting you out yet. Besides I think the pregnancy test stats by dpo on here are crazy. The average implantation happens on day 9. From there it is a couple days before hcg builds. On day 8 there is a fairly good chance you haven't even implanted yet. I'm still hoping for you. But yeah, those lonely pink lines are really hard to see. Give it a couple more days before giving up! No buying that summer dress yet!

The only reason I tested on 10dpo and am bummed about a bfn is that I have an 11 day luteal phase. If that little bean hasn't stuck yet its not going to get a chance too.

11 years ago

Boston
Yeah I can see where you might wanna avoid a Dec/Jan baby. You be yourself and don't feel bad about it! Yeah I can't say that my DH would be that jazzed about wearing condoms again either. Don't loose hope yet like aleerph said. You still have time! That little one could be just getting comfy!

aleerph
Is your luteal phase exactly the same each time? Mine can vary from month to month. I used to have a very regular cycle until I had my ectopic. Since then I can have a cycle that is 26 days up to a 31 day cycle. Not irregular by any means just not predictable like it used to be...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

11 years ago

Dolphin-

Yeah I've been having a super predictable 11 day luteal phase. My ovulation date is somewhere between 13 and 16 days. The doc has given me progesterone if I want to use it for some cycles but there is no evidence that the number of live births increase when using it. It also makes my period awful so I haven't been using it.

Have you had any luck yet? If I remember right you should be close to testing time! I'm with ya about adoption though. My dh and I agreed to 3 more months of trying. Then we will do 2 cycles of ivf and if those fail... Adopt before the end of the year. I just really want to be a mom.

11 years ago

aleerph

I had a dip in my BBT at 9dpo and I got really excited! I am 11dpo toady so I figured I would test as in the past I have gotten my BFP on 11dpo... Today was not my day. BFN for me... I had high hopes with the temp dip but I am pretty sure af will be here by the weekend.

DH and I have discussed starting adoption by next October. We may or may not touch the IVF process before that. A friend of mine just adopted and made it official by telling everyone as they are now confident everything is final. I was overjoyed for her and it really made me think harder about the thought of adoption. Seeing her so happy confirms for me that I don't care how I become a mom I just want to be a mom. I know DH will have a harded time coming to terms with it as men don't deal with all the stuff on a daily basis as we do in the journey. I broke down about 9 months ago to him as I was and kind of still am scared that he may want to leave me. He could have kids with someone else. But he bascially called me crazy and said he loved me and that wasn't going to change. So we shall see!

11 years ago

Dolphin, sorry to hear about the BFN but I have read TONS of stuff where people get BFNs until almost 12-14 DPO..

11 years ago

I got one at 15dpo with a bfn a day before. But it turned out to be ectopic. I know I just gotta be patient. I won't test again till Saturday if AF doesn't show. Today was just a bad day!! Ugh!!!! Can't wait till those days are over!

11 years ago

I'm going to test Saturday as well! Hopefully we get our BFPs!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo