Community post

Journal

Another subchorionic hematoma....

I am cursed....I believe that now. Confirmed yesterday via ultrasound is a 1cm by 1cm blood clot....same thing that happened with our pregnancy loss last October. This hematoma, however, is not affecting the baby or the sac...and is bleeding out (I've had my "period" for a week now literally)....both things that didnt happen last October. It does not mean in any way that I wont miscarry between now and 20 weeks, but....the prognosis is only slightly better. If anyone reading this recalls my loss back in October....you probably know how awful this is for me.....again.

New doctor recommends pelvic rest and frequent checks....thats about it. Now I must wait to see if the hematoma bleeds out and goes away....or if it just grows and causes me to miscarry a healthy pregnancy.

I hate this. I should have listened to my husband when we lost our pregnancy last fall....these constant losses are just too much.

Me...33 Hubby...34 Nov 2002...high risk pregnancy, preterm labor @ 31wks, held in our son until 37wks, born 7lbs, 20in October 2007...blighted ovum @ 6w4d, D&C October 2012...fetal death @7w4d subchorionic hematoma, D&C, 46 chromosomes, normal female Waiting to TTC until June!

5 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Comments

I'm sorry hun, its great that its not effecting bub, chin up and fingers crossed, we are all here for you

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Hey sweet lady! I know how awful the limbo stage is, so as your journey with this little one continues I'll be here thinking of you and hoping/ praying for you. When I had one (SCH) the Drs told me I had a 50/50 chance which doesn't sound great but there are many women that get their little ones. {{{giant HUGS}} I also read to be on bed rest while bleeding for 2 wks if bleeding stops then resume light activity but I'm not a dr :)

10 years ago

I had a friend who had SCH, when they told her pelvic rest for it, she actually put herself on FULL bed rest and did little to no moving at all until the bleeding had stopped and her body had healed(the doctors were amazed cuz it didn't look good), and her pregnancy turned out positive. I know that might be hard for you all this, but its such great news that baby is still okay and the bleeding is not affecting the baby or the sac. Keep hoping. Thinking of you

10 years ago

Stay positive the baby is not in danger so take a break :) lay back and relax!! Hopefully it figure itself out and there will no problems the rest of your pregnancy :) FIngers crossed!

10 years ago

I understand how you feel we also lost our daughter last aug at 23w3d due to a hematoma also partial placenta abruption... but the bleeding was coming from the hematoma it was horrible but we were told we have every reason to believe that our next pregnancy should be fine... we can only hope! big hugs to you! good luck!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo