Community post

Discussion

2017 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Hey ladies! I have an 18 month old daughter from my 6th round of IVF back in 2014 and we have started the process of trying for baby #2 in 2017. We may do a couple IUI rounds before using our frozen embryos from 2014. Any ladies who will be doing IUI or IVF in the new year?

413 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

61 - 70 of 413 Replies | Last Page

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I'm not sure what exactly we are going to do just yet. My retirement is tied up in our business (which is doing well except we have 3 more years of payments and I don't have that time). We owe over $12k from the first try which was over $21k. I threw it out there last evening that I could look for a position in Maryland and get a cheap apartment. If I could find one in the right town it would only be a little over an hour away since we both can't move with the business but I don't think he loved the idea of us being apart during the week. He wants to try naturally for a few months since my uterus lining looked pretty good after the forced menopause. But my thought is it still can't change my actual uterus and adenomyosis. I feel like we could try 10 more times with IVF and it still might not work so I'm not sure what to do right now.

But I really do appreciate all of the advice and wish everyone the best of luck!!

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

7 years ago

Did trigger shot this morning at 9 am & iui is set for 10 am tomorrow! Fingers crossed I

7 years ago

brandy - just wanted to throw one more thing out there for you based on my sister in law's experience. Her situation may not apply to you but she was premenopausal at the age of 33. Horrible AMH, FSH and everything else you can think of. Doctors were giving her 1% chance to get pregnant naturally... Well she did get pregnant naturally but she thinks what did it for her was acupuncture. After about 3 months of twice a week sessions her AMH went from something like .5 to somewhere around 2 (don't remember exactly) I was shocked. Her FSH improved as well. Needles to say her egg quality most likely improved. There are fertility acupuncturists that specialize in many different fertility issues. After she's been telling me for over a year to go and try it I finally gave in this cycle. I've tried so many different things already so decided I'd try this too. My re even said it was a good thing that I'm doing this so definitely can't hurt to try

7 years ago

Two+1 - with your IUI tomorrow We will probably be getting our results a few days apart. My trigger is tomorrow and a frozen transfer next saturday. So nervous

7 years ago

Jandei thank you, yes I did do acupuncture but it did not improve the outcome. All of my levels of everything are good, it's just the adenomyosis. That is also why we don't qualify for any of the guarantee programs.

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

7 years ago

Hiii.... I am TTC #2. First son I got pregnant on my own the first time we tried 6 years ago. I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility.... I tried 2 IUIs with no success. I got pregnant on my own last April again but ended up in a MC around week 7. I did a cycle of IVF on November but it was a freeze all due to high estrogen levels. However I was able to freeze 4 embryos (1: day 5 3: day 6). I am finally on the top of the list to do my first FET as soon as AF arrives (around the 29th). I am excited but also a bit scared. I am 32 BTW

7 years ago

Iui went well , 22 million post wash , crossing my fingers for a BFP in 2 weeks

7 years ago

Two+1- So glad the IUI went well! Sending positive bfp thoughts your way!

Ma-espe- That's great that you have those little snow babies all ready to go! I hope the time passes quickly for you so you can get to transfer day!

Brandy - Have you tried shopping for a new clinic? That price seems well above the national average! Yikes! You might be surprised to find another clinic for much cheaper. Prices vary a lot. I contacted and researched 3 different clinics in upstate NY and for the same treatments and # of procedures there was a price difference of about 10k between the lowest and highest price quote.

7 years ago • Post starter

Brandy, I'm so sorry - I was really excited for you:(:( I have no words except giving you a big cyber hug:(

7 years ago

Thank you mnor0406.... are you doing anything this cycle?
Two+1onway: good luck!!!
Jandei: good luck as well! I have a few questions.... did you do a medicated cycle for the FET? On whiich day of your cycle did you trigger? Is this your first FET? Is it a day 3 or 5 transfer? I will be starting soon and it is my first FET so kind of curious how it works...

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo