Community post

Discussion

2017 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Hey ladies! I have an 18 month old daughter from my 6th round of IVF back in 2014 and we have started the process of trying for baby #2 in 2017. We may do a couple IUI rounds before using our frozen embryos from 2014. Any ladies who will be doing IUI or IVF in the new year?

413 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

21 - 30 of 413 Replies | Last Page

Violet123.. You will have to keep us posted on your second Beta... I honestly can't imagine how excited you must be!

Yesterday they said everything is looking good and as expected. I am still unsure of the egg retrieval date, all I know is it will be next week. Then they would like to do a 5-day transfer for best results. I will let you know how everything goes! My next appointment is Thursday so I should hopefully know more at that point.

I'm not sure what all your struggles have been but I always have such painful ovulation and on gonal f I am already starting to feel the pain! It doubles me over with one egg and no meds... I am very nervous about the pain I am about to be in!??!

Two+1ontheway...When we did our IUI's I was only 36 but they were SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive than IVF is for us. They did put me on clomid for 2 and femara for 2 (then told me to stop wasting my money basically so we gave up after 4) but ovulating is not my issue. So.. we actually gave up for a year and a half (I thought permanently). We kind of came to terms with the fact that it just might not be in the cards. My husband then decided he wanted to exhaust all options and try IVF. I turned 38 in January, so no spring chickie here either! ;)

I guess when you find out your cause of infertility it might help in making your decision?

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

7 years ago

Have not got test results but for everything but hsg was normal and my husband semen analysis only thing abnormal was the volume ( we had sex 36 hours before test) I had cervical cancer last summer and it made my cervix stenosis. But other then that I believe everything is good we have 1 child together 1 miscarriage and I have 2 previous children from different relationships. And we've been ttc for about 2 years . Just trying to weigh the cons and pros of both iui and ivf . They also offered us gender selection with ivf for family balancing .

7 years ago

Brandy257, I am so excited for you!! Transfer next week - yay!!! And what I love about the five day transfer is a lot of times you don't have to wait as long to find out the result - seems to show up more quickly on the urine test...bc that tww is a killer! Please keep me posted on what's happening. Regarding the stimulation, the pain wasn't too bad for me until towards the last day or so - acupuncture helped I think, and so did drinking a lot of water. But then, I don't get cramps really, so my experience may be different. The RE did tell me to be careful not to twist or lift anything heavy like groceries etc bc you can twist an ovary (bc they are so enlarged) so try to take it easy physically - and also for a few days after transfer.

Finally got the results of the second beta and the numbers are really good - more than doubled - my RE is really pleased so maybe now I can relax a bit! I feel like I'm still in shock and can't believe this actually worked...it's a funny feeling.

7 years ago

Congrats Violet .

Am still waiting for my AF and my 1st beta ..which ever happens first ! this wait is nerve wrecking .

From when did you start seeing positive results in HPT ?

All the best ecery one... More to all of you

7 years ago

Violet123 so glad to hear you are progressing well! I am in disbelief for you and hoping for the same outcome!

happiness123 - when is your beta?

I had another appointment this morning, she said I'm progressing as expected, I tried to read the notes on the portal as to sizes but I'm a little confused. I start low dose hcg tonight and back to the doctors Sunday morning. Ready to get this part over with as I am literally having pain when WALKING since my ultrasound today lol.

But yes, the good thing about the 5-day transfer is she said they will do the beta 9 days after. I think I can wait 9 days.

7 years ago

Happiness - when was your transfer, and was it a 5 day blast? I got a faint positive the afternoon of 6dp5dt which I think is equivalent to 11dpo.

Brandy - how many days have you been stimming now? And how much gonal f do they have you on? My beta was 9dp5dt as well...but I cheated and tested early;)

7 years ago

my beta is on Monday ....

It was a 3DT on 12th ...I missed my AF yesterday but no sign of it nor am I getting positive HPT ...guess I shall have to just wait for the beta on Monday ...

7 years ago

Violet.. How are you feeling??
Today will be the 11th day of stimming. I was taking 300 units of gonal f but last night she bumped me to 375 and 200 units of HCG (which was a lot I thought! the on call doctor said they mix it too diluted, I had to call to make sure I was supposed to take that much). Still doing 5 units of Lupron also. And I'm positive I am going to cheat when the time comes!! Just praying not to be let down again. I keep telling myself I don't have my hopes up but I'm sure I do!

Happiness I will have my fingers crossed for you!!!!

7 years ago

Thank you Brandy

7 years ago

Went to for my ultrasound and blood test yesterday.. still not quite there yet! But the two biggest follicles are 15mm so she said I am close. Thank goodness. Next appointment tomorrow morning. I hope I'm ready I am at the end of all of my meds!

7 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo