Community post

Discussion

March 2015 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

This will be our month !!!
I can feel it :)

and

Good luck girls !!! I wish you a stress free month and lots of BFPs. And if you are taking a month or few off from TTC - good luck to you as well and hopefully this time will fly quickly.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

574 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

141 - 150 of 574 Replies | Last Page

@basia-Yep I have read that as well. Gatorade is a good thing to drink during this process! I have also heard that you want to eat salty foods to avoid bloat (which i always thought was SO weird). Apparently salt pulls water from your abdomen and helps with the bloat. Makes sense when you think about it though!

Ugh ladies, I so over these shots! They hurt every time. I just want them to end. I know this sounds funny, but I don't feel any different on them, so I feel like I am doing these shots and seeing no results. If i were to bloat or have some kind of symptoms I would feel better about it. Who wishes for bloating?! The menopour just sucks!! My friend called it Devil's Piss and I totally see why!

@texas-Good luck!

@waiting-Hoping for some follies!!!

9 years ago

LS - ganirelix feels like that to me - it just burns. My belly is full of bruises from all the injections - I just bruise easily. My husband gives me injections and every time he says he feel so bad. I am more then halfway through stimulation. Most likely my retrieval will be between Sunday and Tuesday :) I'm waiting for blood/ultrasound results which I will get this afternoon. Hopefully I can trigger on Friday and have retrieval on Sunday - I wouldn't have to take a day off then :D

Also, I am eating salty items as well. They told me to do that as well and it works. I am not crazy bloated. I am a bit but nothing super crazy

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

@basia-oh your poor belly! I don't have any bruises at this point. Day four of injections for me. I really was expecting this to be so much worse than it is. My hubby hates that he has to give me shots too. On our IVF friends made a joke to him and said...doesn't it kinda give you pleasure sticking your wife with needles?! Ha, he was like...um...not, not at all.

Are you feeling pretty full at this point? I hope your retrieval is Sunday! That would be great for a weekend appt!!

We have our first scan tomorrow morning since starting stims, so i just pray we see some good numbers!!!

9 years ago

I am going in everyday at this point for bloodwork and ultrasound till we trigger. Hopefully you will get some good results :)

I will be updating my journal later when I get more info about todays results :)

I'm getting more and more excited about this process and secretly hoping for 2 babies :)

9 years ago • Post starter

xomandyxocheyxo- I have never taken Chlomid only Femera and I take it for 5 days- I think days 5-10 or 4-9- I know I start taking it again this Friday- I have never really had any side effects from it, it seems to work for me, I ovulate normally on my own every month they just wanted to "boost" it we have more chances of an egg becoming fertilized with more than one egg. I had 16 follicles at the beginning when they did my preliminary ultrasound and the ultrasound before my IUI I had two healthy and mature follicles- so it is making me produce more eggs. I also take progesterone right after the IUI and taken it until AF arrives or until I get a positive HPT and I continue to take it unitl the doctor tells me to stop- this helps thicken my lining and lengthen my LP phase, may want to ask your doctor about putting you on progesterone to make sure your lining stays nice and thick (as my doctor says :)

9 years ago

@basia- Hopefully your clinic is nearby! Mine is an hour away :( Booo! I know it's all worth it though! Ok, i will have to check it later then!

I am totally hoping for two babies as well :) My sister has boy/girl twins (no fertility) and they are SO much fun!!

9 years ago

I call Menopur "menoburn" 'cause that stuff sure does burn! My tricks were to mix it and then let it sit for about 5 minutes before injecting, inject slowly and then don't rub the area after injecting.

I have skin reactions to ganirelix, get HUGE welts. To help with that nastiness, wipe the needle off (carefully with an alcohol swab) after priming so none of the ganirelix gets onto your skin.

basia, since you're doing a lupron trigger, you will completely avoid the initial risk of OHSS (unless you do an hcg booster) until implantation, since OHSS needs hcg to fuel it. But it doesn't hurt to keep with the gatorade (I drank powerade since it was a little less gross). Beef jerky also can help, since both protein and salt are thought to be good for the bloat.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

@Adams, THANKS! I will definitely ask him about it Monday. I sure hope I get two follicles. I got one the first month and two the second month on Clomid. I hear Femara usually only gives you one good mature follicle so I hope I am like you :-)

9 years ago

@essemkay-Ugh, yep! I hate it! I will try letting it sit for a little bit tomorrow. DH puts the needle in fast and we tried injecting slowly today. It might have helped a little, although it burned more after the fact. I did want to rub, so thanks for that tip. I swear the needle is bigger on the Menopour then Gonal-F.

So you did IVF then? I am hoping to not get OHSS. I need to be better about drinking water too. I really am not feeling anything at this point so we will see!

9 years ago

I've done 3 fresh IVF cycles (1st and 3rd were successful). I'm not currently doing IVF because I'm now too old. After 44, my clinic only allows you to use donor eggs, so I'm just doing clomid and good ole' fashioned sex and hoping against hope.

My last IVF, my E2 was over 3,000 at trigger, so they had me use half the trigger amount. They said anytime you're over 3,000, you're at risk for OHSS, so they either have people do lower trigger amounts or trigger with lupron if they haven't done lupron that cycle. They said they've done studies and get good ovulation with less than 1,800IU of hcg, the 10,000 they usually use is way overkill.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo