Community post

Discussion

Who wants to get Sept BFP's!! After trying for a few months.

View Full Post

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to muster up any confidence I have left at this point and feeling very discouraged do to our situation. In comparison to some ladies I know I am not as bad but still feeling down from last month and the prior 6 months total as well. Me and my husband have been trying since beg March this year and we are both healthy and young enough to start a family but no luck yet. I have connected with some ladies and it seems everyone of them has gotten a BFP on their first try or so and I would like to hear from those of you who are in my position where you are still trying and its just taking longer. I am looking for some support and stories about your journey so far and what you think of timing and any other methods you have been following. I'm interested to hear your thoughts now that we've all been at it for a while. What do you beleive in and what are you not going to try anymore?

For us, we tried for about 2 months the normal way just with me taking prenatals and not really understanding the timing of the O day and OPK's or anything like that. After that I researched about those things and figured out what timing was better than others and started using OPK's just to pin point my days, however, I have always been on a solid schedule of 26 day cycles and I know when AF comes each month so I'm not sure how much that has really helped me honestly. I also logged my BBT for a month and it felt more stressful than I think it should and it didn't help me really so I stopped that too. Now that we have passed the 6 month mark, I am scheduled to go to the fertility doctor and see what they can tell me or test for incase there is a bigger problem going on. I feel we have timed everything right for at least 3 or 4 months now and nothing ever changes. I even had my DH do a home test that came out positive for being at least at a normal sperm count.

So, what are your thoughts? What's your story? How long have you been TTC and what are going to do from this point on different?

I can't wait to hear from you! I need to know I'm not alone in this!

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

311 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 311 Replies | Last Page

Hey ladies,

Thought I'd Join you here, 5DPO so lots of waiting yet , trying now for over a year, MC 2 years ago and had a break then started again. Hubby works away so every 3 months i get him for 3 weeks we time it for the fertile week . So hubby returned to work and here I am waiting to see if the gets me.
for you all, your stories are so different and emotional, I hope you time comes soon.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

11 years ago

Welcome Emmy and LoveandHope!

Okay girls- I am frustrated because I usually O right around CD17-18 so I didn't start the O testing until this morning (this is CD 13) and didn't start my week of BD until last night but when I tested this morning- there was a faint line showing. So did I completely miss the window this month since we only BD once before O or am I still okay to keep trying this month? I am so confused that it is earlier this month than it has been!! Is this clear as mud??

11 years ago

Hi BGGirl :)

If your first OPK test was today and it was a faint line, was your control line the same? Even so, it's hard with just one test, you will have to test again tomorrow morning to know for sure. If it's darker tomorrow then you didn't miss your O time and you are still safe but even if you did and you O yesterday then you may get lucky because you did BD and that is the most important thing. :)

I have tested 4-5 times since Friday and I got a faint line on Friday with a Negative result and another faint line on Saturday with a Negative result and a darker line on Sunday and my digital test didn't register for some reason (so I'm not sure exactly) and then I tested again today and got an error with the whole screen being blue! Damn POS test!! These are the expensive ones too and they are giving me problems lately! UGH!! So, today I took a test with me to work and will wait until I have to go again and see if it works this time. Do you know how long the digital tests will last for? It seems they are good for like 7-8 tests and then start failing. Does anyone know? I don't want to have to keep buying the test each time if I can reuse it and just replace the sticks. My O day is set for Thursday according to my MyCycles App on my iphone so I'm not sure how close it is to being correct.

Does anyone use any kind of app besides this website to track anything? I really like my app cause I can add stuff to it like BD and OPK results on the go so I don't forget and it alarms me when I am reaching my fertile period and when to test. LOVE IT!

Happy Tuesday ladies!

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

11 years ago • Post starter

Happy Tuesday to you too!! I am glad that we are on the same cycle! The control line was much darker than the test line this morning but the last few times it has only shown up one day pretty dark and then completely absent the day before or the day after so I was unsure. Of course I used SMU because I forgot when I woke up at 4:45am to pee that I needed to test. LOL So maybe that is the difference. I will test again tomorrow and see.

I don't know about the digital ones because I have never used one. I haven't seen any apps but really having thought about looking for one so I am open to any suggestions if anyone has one. :)

11 years ago

It is funny we are on the same cycle. Today is CD 12 for me I believe. :) And my BD time just started too yesterday :( oh well sometimes it just doesn't work out even if you live together! Funny huh.

Well I will test again to see what happens in an hour or so and let you know. I hope I get the happy face then I know it's BD time for sure!!

I really like the app MyCycles/MyCycles+ (Plus) for iPhone, do you have an iPhone or something else? There are lots out there for this so referrals are better. I also have What to Expect Fertility Tracker but its not a user friendly and you can add notes and events like MyCycles. Maybe there are better ones out there. Anyone suggest anything else?

11 years ago • Post starter

Pinkbride - Dr. says he believes I've just had, 'bad luck." So we have figured I will try again and if I lose the next baby, we'll do further testing. After my last d&c, the placenta and tissues from the baby were tested. I am not sure for what but per the Doc, nothing seems abnormal with me or the baby.

Thank you, BGGirl!

There's an app?? I will have to check that out.

I have never done an OPK, is it worth it? I can usually have a good idea when I do.

Emmy (32) Married to Kevin (31) 01/23/2009 angel, 01/21/2010 daughter!, 04/16/2012 angel, 06/21/2012 angel. Wanting another baby so bad!

11 years ago

I'm on CD12, too!

Emmy (32) Married to Kevin (31) 01/23/2009 angel, 01/21/2010 daughter!, 04/16/2012 angel, 06/21/2012 angel. Wanting another baby so bad!

11 years ago

When I had my daughter (she is 9 now) it only took me one month of OPK and I got pregnant. This time I have done it a couple of months so here's to hoping that it still works! I do think it gives you a better shot of knowing exacting when to BD (baby dance aka intercourse :) )

So now there are three of us that will be hanging out on our TWW here shortly! Yay!

11 years ago

Hello ladies!! I was so excited about this cycle to begin, but now,I have a weird situation going on. I had reported that i had started my period 4-5 days early and that it had only lasted about 3 days of not a whole lot lot of much. I started charting my new cycle and my temps have been all over the place and not really showing any sign of ovulation. Well, the other day i experienced a rush of watery cm and the next day it was very elastic like-anyway, this was only on days 8 & 9, i would think a little too early right? So instead of buying the ovulation sticks, i tried the strips and have been getting all negatives. So i thought that this was all a little odd so i went and bought more sticks today just to see my second line in the fading stages . We only bd'd twice in that time not knowing:( So i am a little bit disappointed already, but keeping a strong positive outlook for the upcoming cycles;)
To everyone else this month, i will be cheering u on!!

11 years ago

Hey ladies,

I use an iphone app called P Tracker, it alerts me when period, fertility and ovulation is due. It has a calendar which shows days, fertile days and ovulation day and you can add notes including ovulation, CM, cervix etc.. I think it the ultimate app, I always get the when it says!! 8DPO today....16DPO I will test if no :-( determined to wait to avoid disapointment!!

and to all...

User Image User Image User Image User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo