Community post

Discussion

Who wants to get Sept BFP's!! After trying for a few months.

View Full Post

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to muster up any confidence I have left at this point and feeling very discouraged do to our situation. In comparison to some ladies I know I am not as bad but still feeling down from last month and the prior 6 months total as well. Me and my husband have been trying since beg March this year and we are both healthy and young enough to start a family but no luck yet. I have connected with some ladies and it seems everyone of them has gotten a BFP on their first try or so and I would like to hear from those of you who are in my position where you are still trying and its just taking longer. I am looking for some support and stories about your journey so far and what you think of timing and any other methods you have been following. I'm interested to hear your thoughts now that we've all been at it for a while. What do you beleive in and what are you not going to try anymore?

For us, we tried for about 2 months the normal way just with me taking prenatals and not really understanding the timing of the O day and OPK's or anything like that. After that I researched about those things and figured out what timing was better than others and started using OPK's just to pin point my days, however, I have always been on a solid schedule of 26 day cycles and I know when AF comes each month so I'm not sure how much that has really helped me honestly. I also logged my BBT for a month and it felt more stressful than I think it should and it didn't help me really so I stopped that too. Now that we have passed the 6 month mark, I am scheduled to go to the fertility doctor and see what they can tell me or test for incase there is a bigger problem going on. I feel we have timed everything right for at least 3 or 4 months now and nothing ever changes. I even had my DH do a home test that came out positive for being at least at a normal sperm count.

So, what are your thoughts? What's your story? How long have you been TTC and what are going to do from this point on different?

I can't wait to hear from you! I need to know I'm not alone in this!

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

311 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 311 Replies | Last Page

Welcome Adkins!!! Sounds like you have been busy this month!! What CD are you on?
Good luck to you!!

11 years ago

Im on cd 9 ... we have been busy "trying" because im not sure on my O day, going to buy O test strips this evening, just been staying busy incase it happened before we got the strips!! do u have any babies yet

11 years ago

Morning ladies! :)

@tashamarie - I actually have no discharge and I never had any spotting either. I'm pretty dry but this early I'm guessing it's normal. Today I should not get the witch at all because i tested again last night and got a "pregnant" result so I"m hopeful that this is really happening.

I researched a bit online last night and there a quite alot of women that got BFP's around the time I did this month with the samy cycle time as me too. One lady even got her BFP on 9DPO crazy! I haven't felt much diff really. Even my boobs aren't a big feeling today but I know it's all still early! :)

Emmy - I know your time will come again. I hope you are right and the same thing happens but this time you have SUPER :) I'm still rooting for you girl!

BGGirl - I am kind of worried actually because I haven't been working out at all in the last like year or so and I keep meaning to but now I feel like I should just start out with something not as fast and stressful. I want to start researching prenatal exercises and get a routine going. One of my major things I want to do is work on my legs and but and abs while I still can but I'm afraid to do too much too. Do you know alot about this?

Welcome adkins! Yes, you seem like you are on track as well. I did use OPK's and I used the kind that had a smiley face when it was a positive and my cycles were 26 days long with O day being around CD11 or 12 that really helped me figure out when to start the BD so I would have ample time to get a BFP but it took my DH and I 8 months or so to finally get lucky.

I went on some other sites for community forums but I just really like this one and I think I will stay here cause the other ones aren't as supportive/friendly or easy to use. Ya know?

Happy Hump Day ladies! :)

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

11 years ago • Post starter

thanks for the advice can i get the OPK tests with a smileyface at walmart??

11 years ago

Yes, you can get them at any major store but I got mine on Amazon.com because they were cheaper than the stores. I bought ALOT of my TTC stuff on amazon, in fact they are cheaper and free shipping if you have the Prime membership!

Also, They are called Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Predictor Kit or you can search just Clearblue easy digital OPK in the search bar. They should be around $17 for 5 tests I think and then $30 or so for 20 tests depending on the seller. I still have a bunch of mine left over cause I would use about 5-6 per month and I would start using them the around CD8 until I got a happy face and then I would test again until I got another smiley because you're supposed to have a 48 hour window of time your LH surge is present then dies off 24 hours before your O comes or so. So if your first smiley is on CD10 then test again on CD11 at the same time FMU preferred, then you know you will O in the next day or so from the second day of a smiley face. I hope this makes sense.
BUT you should be doing the BD from the day after your period ends every other day until about 2-3 days after your estimated O date. It's very important to do the BD way in advance of your O day because there's got to be stuff in there for the egg to get to when that finally happens. Sorry TMI I know but it took me a while to figure this out. Let me know if you have any other questions. :) I am happy to help!

thanks so much being able to talk to others on this website really helps!! so what your saying is we should start trying 2 days after the smiley face? that part was a little confusing but i do appreciate the help!! i plan to buy some this evening, so i will take one tonight im thinking just to get started!!, our local foodcity has ovulation tests for $1.. would u consider those accurate??

11 years ago

No problem adkins!

No, I was confusing a bit. Let's make it more simple :)

Start trying the day after your period ends (around CD5 I'm guessing) and continue every other day until 2 days after you O (let's say CD14 is 2 days after the O day)

Start using the OPK's around CD7 or CD8 depending on your cycle everday until you get a smiliey face (positive)

Use the OPK's every day after that until you get a negative again. Then your O day should be within 24-48 hours after that time.

All the while, you are doing the BD and by the time you O you will have plenty of the little guys in there for your egg to find or vice versa! :)

It's just important you are trying WAY BEFORE you O or get a positive OPK/smiley. :)

Is this more clear?

And yes you can use whatever kind you like, I just didn't want to fuss with the lines when you just don't know if a dark line verses a faint line would still give you a positive or not. With the ones I use, There is a stick that you insert into the digital test and the screen will appear as a O or as a and if you're not sure about the result you can always pull the stick back out of the test and look at the lines on the stick to try and figure out what is actually a positive verses a negative test because these have both types within the test. I learned alot with those but if you don't pee on the test as long as it says (5 seconds) then you may get an error on the test and then it's a waste of money. :)

thanks so much for all the advice!! it really helps me understand, im just the kind of person that worries to much i guess, do u think we would be ok not using OPK tests, because we "try" every night except for the first 2 days of my cd's ..( i know tmi ) but yes we were this way before we started trying, just very attracted i guess LOL

11 years ago

Hey ladies!! I have still been keepin up with everyone's progress and it sounds like a grrreeaaat cycle all around!! I am on a new cycle of course and only on cd3. I do have an appointment on Oct 4th with a fertility physician here in IL so we r hoping to get this ball rolling soon. We r still going to try again this month of course !!
@Mrsaskew11~ if i may make a suggestion on working out, they say that you may continue any and all activities that you can tolerate but when it comes to weight training you def want to lighten the load as to not pull anything. As far as abdominals go, you may do what is comfortable through your first trimester but once you have passed that mark, you should refrain from contracting your frontal ab muscles as it may be harmful to you as well as baby. You may however work your side obliques and i would def suggest a stability ball for other excerises including your stretching;) Now on cardio, i personally know of some women who have run half marathons and an aquaintance who ran a full marathon while pregnant. This is just something that these women were doing before they got pregnant so it was still comfortable for them throughout their pregnancy. Doing some sort of cardio is going to be helpful noatter what. It helos your own breathing as well as supplying good oxygen to your blood stream. I would also like to mention that I have seen many of my husbands clients have an easier labor due to their overall health. There are even prenatal yoga classes out there which i believe would be a great breathing tool.
I hope that this has been helpful;)
Welcome and good luck to all of our newcomers and

11 years ago

Yay MrsMullen - I had one planned as well but fortunately we don't have to go this Friday but I'm glad you are taking the step to ensure everything ok and on track for you guys. I'm sure it will happen soon! I'm rooting for you as well :)
Great suggestion by the way. I will need to find something that I feel that is easy for me to do that I can keep up throughout my pregnancy just to make sure that I can keep something up. I fear that if I don't find that something soon I will be in for trouble down the road. I'm only 5'3 and 130lbs but I've already gained around 5lbs in teh last 2months and I haven't done anything active at all but I eat pretty good. I really want to strengthen my legs and butt for sure so I will look into classes and/or find out if there is a mommy group near me somewhere so I can learn from them as well. So much change now! Crazy!

Hi again adkins. You def don't have to use OPK's it was just helpful to pinpoint O but if you don't care much and know you've got it covered regardless than it's up to you. It's good you do the BD all the time. We did too until it became a chore for us because we both want a baby and then it was harder for us to both want to at the times we should be and not make it "we have to do this now" sort of thing. It got awkward at times trust me. I hope that doesn't happen to you and I'm glad you two are so happy together. :)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo