Community post

Discussion

Who wants to get Sept BFP's!! After trying for a few months.

View Full Post

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to muster up any confidence I have left at this point and feeling very discouraged do to our situation. In comparison to some ladies I know I am not as bad but still feeling down from last month and the prior 6 months total as well. Me and my husband have been trying since beg March this year and we are both healthy and young enough to start a family but no luck yet. I have connected with some ladies and it seems everyone of them has gotten a BFP on their first try or so and I would like to hear from those of you who are in my position where you are still trying and its just taking longer. I am looking for some support and stories about your journey so far and what you think of timing and any other methods you have been following. I'm interested to hear your thoughts now that we've all been at it for a while. What do you beleive in and what are you not going to try anymore?

For us, we tried for about 2 months the normal way just with me taking prenatals and not really understanding the timing of the O day and OPK's or anything like that. After that I researched about those things and figured out what timing was better than others and started using OPK's just to pin point my days, however, I have always been on a solid schedule of 26 day cycles and I know when AF comes each month so I'm not sure how much that has really helped me honestly. I also logged my BBT for a month and it felt more stressful than I think it should and it didn't help me really so I stopped that too. Now that we have passed the 6 month mark, I am scheduled to go to the fertility doctor and see what they can tell me or test for incase there is a bigger problem going on. I feel we have timed everything right for at least 3 or 4 months now and nothing ever changes. I even had my DH do a home test that came out positive for being at least at a normal sperm count.

So, what are your thoughts? What's your story? How long have you been TTC and what are going to do from this point on different?

I can't wait to hear from you! I need to know I'm not alone in this!

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

311 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 311 Replies | Last Page

HI Loveandhope!

My cycles are between 25-27 days as well and I totally understand how DPO16 would be the best day to test for a positive unless the witch shows up! Good thinking, I always thought before that DPO12 was best but you are right then you see the evil BFN's and I am so over BFN's myself. Don't look too into your current symptoms. They really mean nothing until week5-6 anyway and everyone's different. Pregnology.com I look at sometimes to see what phase I'm in depending on what day it is for me and what should be happening if I was pregnant. I like it because its simple to understand and follow. My DH is just waiting for me to give him the good news but he kind of knows what day I'm on too most of the time, like a clock in his head lol, and asks me all the time if I'm pregnant yet...ugh I just smile and say not yet honey.

But speaking of that..I got a phone call the other day from the doctor's office regarding my fertility clinic application that I had to fill out a week or so ago. I was told that I was eligible to start the process for the infertility clinic and that the next step was to attend a 2hr seminar at the women's health ward and then I would be given a packet of information and a list of tests to get done before going in to the actual clinic for assessment and a first visit. The seminar is scheduled for 2 weeks from today on the 21st. I am scheduled to test that day being my DPO16 day and if I'm not pregnant then I will attend it but if I am then I won't have to!!!!! :)

Have any of you ladies looked into or did you ladies have a process when trying to find out why you weren't getting pregnant after trying for awhile? Was it like my situation? How long did you wait until you went to a clinic or seeked a fertility dr/clinic?

I hope it's just a matter of time for us and nothing else.

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

11 years ago • Post starter

Happy Monday girls!! I don't know about you but I am DRAGGING! I hate Mondays!

Okay so I am 4DPO and I was bummed last week. We missed an opportunity to BD because we were just too tired and not in the mood. He really didn't want to and I didn't want to push it because I looked at it as if we were unhappy having to BD, not sure that is how I want to say the new baby was conceived.. bad karma maybe? I know it sounds silly but I promised DH that we would enjoy it and not make it a chore. Pushing him into it when we were both tired and cranky even though it was O day seemed unfair. But I was bummed all the same because I hated to miss a possible opportunity. He left for racing that next day so there was no more BD. However we did 4 of the 7 "fertile days" so I am still keeping my fingers crossed that one of the other days was the right day! LOL

How was you all's weekend? Getting a puppy was definitely helpful in getting my mind off things and keeping me busy! She eats everything! She is really sweet though and since my little Gracie passed away 5 months ago, I have really missed having a dog around. Her name is Matilda and she is such a character!

So I have gotten a cold or it is allergies not sure but I sure do have a stuffy nose. Breast were really sore yesterday too but I know that it is too early for any symptoms yet.. just feel so overly sensitive to any body changes.

Where is everyone else now on TWW? Or CD?

11 years ago

Morning ladies!

@BGGirl - Good Morning! It is 5DPO for me today so we are very close. My boobs are very sore too but as you say it doesn't really mean anything. I wasn't able to pin point an actual ovulation day this month because my OPK's broke too often but I'm pretty sure mine was the 5th of Sept and only BD for a couple days before that and that's it and like you say as well, it should always be fun but after trying for a consistent 7 months now, my DH is even getting more anxious and says we have to keep doing it all the time to make sure it happens. I appreciate his motivation and drive to want this too which is really nice!

I'm kind of sad though because if I don't get pregnant this month then we won't be able to say that I was already pregnant on my 30th birthday because my DH has always said that for sure I would be pregnant by the time I turned 30 which seems silly but at the time it seemed we had so much time. ugh...kind of depressing but hoping that God has just told us that it is our time and if not hopefully it will happen soon.

I'm trying to pay too much attention to my body for the TTW because it just makes me more anxious, I'm hoping I can just hold off and keep myself busy doing other things instead of thinking about it all the time. How do you keep yourself occupied during the TTW? I have 11 days until testing at 16DPO so I'm hoping this week and next goes by fast.

Just found out my friend is 5 weeks pregnant, I'm excited and happy for her but its hard to swallow at times.

Hi Mrsaskew!! I too am 4dpo- so yayyy to another TTW and hopefully our last for a while ya know?? My DH and I are also all about not making BD-ing a chore, but it is so hard not to when you are focusing on those days!! I also explained to him that since we are in our early 30's, conceiving is not as easy for is as it would be couples in their teens and 20's.
I recently found that I am super annoyed when people say to relax and not think about it and it will happen! How can you not think about it when you have to keep track of everything? Anyway, enough of my silliness! I hope that you had a wonderful weekend and I am thrilled that we can go through this cycle together!!

11 years ago

@MrsAskew- It is so weird how similar we are.. I am also going to be very sad if I don't get pregnant this month because it is my last chance to have the baby while I am still 38~ I know that sounds silly but it is a mental thing and I was adament that I didn't want to be 39 when I had another child because it sounded so close to 40. I know I know.. I am being ridiculous but it is for whatever reason important to me. My birthday is in the middle of June so next month would be too late. :(

I also just found out that a friend here at work that has been trying while I have been trying just found out that she is 5 weeks pregnant. I am really happy for her but was hard not to wish that it was me too. It took her six months last time to get pregnant but only two months this time. And she thought she never ovulated last month either so she thought that she had missed her opportunity altogether. I think it is because she had been doing the OPK testing in the afternoon instead of FMU. She had a friend tell her that testing in the afternoon was better than FMU. I told her that I have never heard of that.

As far as the DH- he thought that it was easy to get pregnant until I explained that there was only a 20% chance even when timed right so now he is much more serious about the whole things.. LOL He usually then starts asking me frequently if I am pregnant about 5DPO which then of course makes me what to test that much earlier! :)

11 years ago

Yay! I think that's awesome to have 3 of us so far on the same cycle. Who else is with us in the TTW now? :)

I agree with you MrsMullen - it pisses me off when people say "it will hapen when it happens" or "you stress about it to much" when I've never talked to them before about it ugh! or "It will happen when you least expect it!" Really!? REALLY!? Well since I've been trying for quite some time now and it hasn't happened yet, I'm not going to just stop thinking about it! May that will happen after I actually get pregnant when I'm not trying anymore! LOL Sorry to vent but seriously and of course these are the ones that have NO IDEA how hard or how stressful it can be to be TTC with no success. I don't want to hear it from those people anymore. I'm done!

Now back to you ladies that completely understand my pain! :)

I think if it doesnt happen again for us this month, I'm going to try to do the BD every other day from right after AF to 4DPO just to be sure I didn't miss it. Of course I'm going to try first when I get the BFN's because I WILL test more than once, I know myself too well..

Sorry, I meant cry not try...stupid keyboard.

Happy Wednesday ladies!

How is everyone doing so far this cycle? What are your symtoms like in the TTW? Or if you're not in the TTW when does yours begin?

Today we are almost at half the TTW gone so only 1 more week to go! Yay for that!

I def feel different this month than I have in previous months but nothing absolutely stands out just yet. Too early :)

Good morning to u as well mrsaskew!! Well, i am feeling great overall but i have had some cramping pressure the last few days. It almost feels like AF just not quite. Idk how to explain it. It really started up yesterday to where i couldnt just ignore it without making me think "ooh, what could that feeling be?" you all know what i am talking about b/c we have all been obsessing over each and every twinge thinking the very same thing;) I am just today on 6dpo so if the feelings were stating today i would like to have attributed them to possible implantation but they started at 4-5dpo so i pray to u know who that i am not going to have another eaaaarrrllllyyyy ( way too early) visit! Last cycle i was kinda feeling the pressure only it actually felt like AF cramping just to find out that at 8dpo, showed her ugly little profile but only for 2-3 days and it was not heavy like my cramps indicated it should have been. Anyhoo, i am feeling great!! Anyone else know anything about these crampy feelings and it not be their AF???? I have my appointment with my OB first thing in the am to have my progesterone levels checked in hopes that we r looking good this month!!

11 years ago

Good morning to the 2 Mrs's!!

@MrsMullen- that is strange about the cramping and then early AF last month. I wish I could give some insight but that hasn't happened to me.... yet. Sometime I wonder though if because I am anxious about things my body is doing during the TWW if that doesn't cause it to do out of the norm things that make me worry more.

@Mrsaskew- I am at 6DPO and was so moody yesterday!! Plus I could not stop peeing. We did jumping jacks at Zumba yesterday and I thought I was doing to die! LOL Of course this all probably means nothing but I was surprised at how horribly irritable and moody I was. I was chipper this morning though.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo