Community post

Discussion

Who wants to get Sept BFP's!! After trying for a few months.

View Full Post

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to muster up any confidence I have left at this point and feeling very discouraged do to our situation. In comparison to some ladies I know I am not as bad but still feeling down from last month and the prior 6 months total as well. Me and my husband have been trying since beg March this year and we are both healthy and young enough to start a family but no luck yet. I have connected with some ladies and it seems everyone of them has gotten a BFP on their first try or so and I would like to hear from those of you who are in my position where you are still trying and its just taking longer. I am looking for some support and stories about your journey so far and what you think of timing and any other methods you have been following. I'm interested to hear your thoughts now that we've all been at it for a while. What do you beleive in and what are you not going to try anymore?

For us, we tried for about 2 months the normal way just with me taking prenatals and not really understanding the timing of the O day and OPK's or anything like that. After that I researched about those things and figured out what timing was better than others and started using OPK's just to pin point my days, however, I have always been on a solid schedule of 26 day cycles and I know when AF comes each month so I'm not sure how much that has really helped me honestly. I also logged my BBT for a month and it felt more stressful than I think it should and it didn't help me really so I stopped that too. Now that we have passed the 6 month mark, I am scheduled to go to the fertility doctor and see what they can tell me or test for incase there is a bigger problem going on. I feel we have timed everything right for at least 3 or 4 months now and nothing ever changes. I even had my DH do a home test that came out positive for being at least at a normal sperm count.

So, what are your thoughts? What's your story? How long have you been TTC and what are going to do from this point on different?

I can't wait to hear from you! I need to know I'm not alone in this!

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

311 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 311 Replies | Last Page

HI BGGirl and the rest of you lovely ladies!

Thank you for all the warm congrats and thoughts! When I found out I was pregnant after the pretty dark line I had on the HPT I went to my car very casually and grabbed the white bag I have had hidden under my passenger car seat for the last 7 months and took the contents inside the house. I had purchased a men's size L shirt for my husband that read "Eat. Sleep. Wakeboard." and I had gotten a matching baby bib as well as a little newborn sized onesie that read "I throw Tantrums" and had a wakeboarder on it. I wrapped it all up with the big shirt and told my husband that I had gotten him something the other day and forgot to give it to him. When he opened up the shirt he saw the bib first and said Oh, I love it! Is this for me? This is awesome! then I said "It's because your going to be a daddy!" I'm pregnant!" And then I started crying and smiling and he hugged me and said he was so happy. That was the most awesome moment ever!!! - Just thought I'd share that with you ladies :)

I did notice the same symptoms BGGirl! I was also pretty tired this week and I was extremely moody and short-tempered but I thought it was because I was just anxious! I also kept feeling twinges and little tiny cramp like symptoms that would only happen on my left side for like a few seconds at a time that's it! I'm only 3 weeks and 3 days along so I have a few weeks before any other symptoms kick in. Before this I always wanted to know from ladies that got pregnant, what their symptoms were and how they knew when they were. It's interesting to hear it from a real person and not online or in a book ya know? :)

I will probably take another HPT in a couple days to make sure its still there lol but hopefully this will be a true success.

I honestly couldn't have done it without you ladies in this last month or so because you truly helped me de-stress about everything and enjoy the parts of this journey that really matter with my DH. I promise to not drop off the face of the earth now that I got a HPT so I'm not going anywhere for awhile. :)

Oh BTW I told my mom first (she is like my best friend) and then my older sister who has been rooting me on since the very beginning of this journey, and then my best friend and my younger sister. I am going to try my hardest to keep this in a close knit group as I can but it always seem that others should know as well. AHH how do you not say anything!?

PinkBride & BGGirl as well!! :)

What other ladies are on this cycle as well? Who else is next? Emmy? El2011? MrsMullen? Tashamarie?

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and the keeps rolling in this supportive thread! :)

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

11 years ago • Post starter

I love how you told your dh!

I'm going to test Thursday morning. I want to test before but it's too early! My cycle is a bit longer than both of yours- bggirl & mrsaskew. If AF should arrive, it will be on the 24th or 25th.

Emmy (32) Married to Kevin (31) 01/23/2009 angel, 01/21/2010 daughter!, 04/16/2012 angel, 06/21/2012 angel. Wanting another baby so bad!

11 years ago

Has arrived!!! She arrived this morning bringing with her very strong cramps!
Oh well:( onto another cycle!! My OB sent my info over to a fertility clinic here in my area so hopefully we can start making some progress with things soon;)
Congrats to all of the So far and To those still in waiting! I am still cheering u on!!!!
Have a wonderful day ladies!!!

11 years ago

WOW.. Congrats to the BFP's this really is a lucky month!

and to those waiting to test

User Image User Image User Image User Image

11 years ago

@MrsMullen- - I hate that AF showed up!!! I really wanted all of us to get those BFP! But don't disappear.. we will be ready to celebrate your BFP next month with you!!!!

@Emmy- What day are you on? My cycle is usually 30-31 days but I just ovulated early this month for some reason (by a couple of days)

@MrsAskew- You had mentioned that you had wanted people with BFP to discuss what symptoms they had that month. I remembered that so I thought I would share mine in case anyone was wondering. I also loved how you told your hubby! I had woken up at around 5am yesterday and had to pee so I knew I would have to test then. Of course after the line showed up I was too excited to sleep. I laid out the test on the bathroom counter with a note that said "Congrats you are going to be a Dad!!" right where he would see it. Of course he then slept in until almost 10am!!! I thought I was going to die waiting for him to see it. When he finally did- he came out with a big grin and hugged me. We had to be careful what we said though because we are not telling my daughter just yet. A 9 year old has a hard time keeping a secret! LOL Funny though last night when we were coming back home, Alexa seemed sad and I asked her what was wrong. She said "I just wish I had a sibling!" I almost told her then!

I tested again today.. I had bought two tests and the other one was sitting there calling to me! Plus my DH was a little concerned because the line had been faint yesterday.. but today it was darker! I will call in the next couple of days to make my OB/GYN appointment I guess. How long are you all waiting before you make that appointment?

Happy Monday everyone!

11 years ago

OHHH BGGIRL - I didn't know that your cycles were that long! Makes me want to test now so bad! Mine are usually 30-32 days. I had to talk myself out of testing this morning. I am on CD25. I am not sure when I ovulated really. Maybe on the 7th or the 10th. It was so hard for me to tell this month. Did the BD from the 2nd to the 13th to cover it all!

I really don't have many symptoms so I just don't know. My bbs are sore but they have been for 2 months. I had cramping last week and some yesterday but that is about it for me.

Not to test or to test? That is the question!!

Emmy (32) Married to Kevin (31) 01/23/2009 angel, 01/21/2010 daughter!, 04/16/2012 angel, 06/21/2012 angel. Wanting another baby so bad!

11 years ago

Hi everyone!
Congrats to all the girls who got their
I'm not sure when I ovulated so my Im not sure what dpo I'm at, but I just feel pregnant, all the small symptoms im having are different than usual, I would be 4 weeks today, based off of my last AF

HOPING FOR A In a few days!!!

6/17/2013- baby girl born 2/24/14 TTC #2 now

11 years ago

Good morning ladies! Emmy & Tashamarie when are you going to test. I tested on 11DPO and got a pretty dark line so I"m pretty sure that if you tested now according to what you said you will get an accurate result. I understand if you just want to wait until you don't get and in a way I kind of wish I had waited like we said we would only because I'm so early in mine that something could happen and I would rather not get my period and be surprised then get it and be let down after telling a bunch of my close family and friends already. ugh! I'm kind of scared I tested too soon but I'm not sure what the risk factor is in the timing of all of this either.

I might go to the doctor's lab today and get tested to be sure just to make myself feel better but at the same time I think I should wait. I just don't know. I don't have like any symptoms really except my bras don't fit as well already. lol

I hope you ladies have luck too and it seems you are both exactly on track with everything and its just a matter of time now.

11 years ago • Post starter

Mrsaskew - I know what you are feeling! It's such a mix of emotions! You're so happy you're pregnant but then so scared you could lose the baby. Ugh... we, women, sure go through a lot, don't we?!

I am goinng to test on Thursday. I'm not kdding, I have to talk myself out of testing each morning. Last month,I took at least 8 tests and it hurt so much to see BFN each time. I can't do that to myself again. I feel once I start testing, I will keep going just to make sure! So I have convinced myself to wait until Thursday morning as my earliest to test.

Hang in there! A BFP is AWESOME!

11 years ago

Congrats LoveandHope!!!!

Emmy- you are so strong! I understand your logic 100%. Unfortunately, I never had that sort of will power. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

MrsAskew- I know what you mean! Sometimes I think the same thing, I got a BFP at 3weeks/4days the month, I miscarried and started my period one week later. Had I not tested so early, I would never have known and been so invested. I currently am fairly symptomless, but I don't think symptoms are as meaningful as I used to believe. The month I miscarried, I felt nausea for 5 days, had cramping, headaches, etc- and it didn't work out. Sometimes symptoms are not indicative of a healthy pregnancy. Don't psych yourself out. This time around I found out at 3weeks/3days, but I've had blood drawn since day one. My HCG hormone has been doubling/tripling so I feel good about knowing early. I'm still being cautious until the heartbeat ultrasound and not sharing with anyone except you ladies, but I'm optimistic. The month I miscarried my OB (different doc than now) did not do any blood draws until I felt like I was miscarrying and got a negative hpt. I feel like if we had been drawing blood from day one, we might have discovered my HCG was weak or going down instead of up. Then maybe I would have been less invested and cautious. Also, testing early showed I needed progestrone supplements, so I've been on them since last week. Maybe my low progestrone was the problem last time and I didn't know bc we never tested? That's just my personal feeling. But you have to do what feels right for you. If testing makes you feel better, do it, I know it made me feel better.

I hope my fellow BFP's are feeling great and the rest of you get your bfp soon!!

DH (39) Me (33) Married since June 2011 TTC #1 since April 2012 CP July 2012 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo