Community post

Discussion

Who wants to get Sept BFP's!! After trying for a few months.

View Full Post

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to muster up any confidence I have left at this point and feeling very discouraged do to our situation. In comparison to some ladies I know I am not as bad but still feeling down from last month and the prior 6 months total as well. Me and my husband have been trying since beg March this year and we are both healthy and young enough to start a family but no luck yet. I have connected with some ladies and it seems everyone of them has gotten a BFP on their first try or so and I would like to hear from those of you who are in my position where you are still trying and its just taking longer. I am looking for some support and stories about your journey so far and what you think of timing and any other methods you have been following. I'm interested to hear your thoughts now that we've all been at it for a while. What do you beleive in and what are you not going to try anymore?

For us, we tried for about 2 months the normal way just with me taking prenatals and not really understanding the timing of the O day and OPK's or anything like that. After that I researched about those things and figured out what timing was better than others and started using OPK's just to pin point my days, however, I have always been on a solid schedule of 26 day cycles and I know when AF comes each month so I'm not sure how much that has really helped me honestly. I also logged my BBT for a month and it felt more stressful than I think it should and it didn't help me really so I stopped that too. Now that we have passed the 6 month mark, I am scheduled to go to the fertility doctor and see what they can tell me or test for incase there is a bigger problem going on. I feel we have timed everything right for at least 3 or 4 months now and nothing ever changes. I even had my DH do a home test that came out positive for being at least at a normal sperm count.

So, what are your thoughts? What's your story? How long have you been TTC and what are going to do from this point on different?

I can't wait to hear from you! I need to know I'm not alone in this!

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

311 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 311 Replies | Last Page

Hi Emmy! What time of the day were you taking the OPK tests? I have a friend here at work that took them for 20 days last month and never got a positive. Turns out she was taking them in the afternoon instead of FMU and it never showed up.. she just guessed when her O date was this past month and guess what? BFP! Lucky girl!!

So hang in there.. not sure about the pains-I would think that it was too early for implantation however maybe you were like me this month and O was several days early!!

11 years ago

@BGGIRL I actually took them both times. Mostly after work though. On the package, it says not with fmu. I just figured I haven't had too hard of time of knowing when I ovulate so I am going to pass on doing those.

Thank you. You ladies are so wonderful. It's so nice to have people that I can relate to and that can relate to me. None of my family or friends have had this as in issue. They are all supportive but they can't empathize with me.

& to all!

Emmy (32) Married to Kevin (31) 01/23/2009 angel, 01/21/2010 daughter!, 04/16/2012 angel, 06/21/2012 angel. Wanting another baby so bad!

11 years ago

Hey ladies. Ok,... So not the nees I was wanting, but it def does explain why I had a short cycle last month and possibly this month. Progesterone levels range from 1-20; in order to carry a pregnancy, the kevels need to be 10-12 in order to have a better chance of a good pregnancy outcome.
My level was at 5.5 today so sadly my lining os not strong enoygh. I have to wonder if the Soy Isoflavens have been a negative on my system the last 2 cycles?

11 years ago

@Mrs*Mullen - How accurate are the prognosis of progesterone? I was tested when I was 5 weeks pregnant and it was in the 50's. The baby never developed.
My nurse was convinced after that test that I would have a healthy baby. =( I just wonder if testing it really matters?

Emmy (32) Married to Kevin (31) 01/23/2009 angel, 01/21/2010 daughter!, 04/16/2012 angel, 06/21/2012 angel. Wanting another baby so bad!

11 years ago

So as much as I don't want to get my hopes up at every symptom, I'm having intense cramping this morning. Last time I had this, I found out I was pregnant 11 days later!

I won't stop hoping immensely that I'm pregnant each month I try!

11 years ago

Morning all!! Today is 8DPO- I feel like I am in the home stretch of the TWW!

@MrsMullen- I am so sorry.. I hate that it wasn't the news you wanted. Hang in there..

@Emmy- Where are the cramps at? I was having some weird cramps this morning but they were up a little high on my abdomen.. was still a strange feeling.

11 years ago

@BGGIRL The cramps are on my left side and kinda low. Hard to describe where!

@Mrs*Mullen - I'm sorry, too. I didn't write that earlier. It's so hard to not get the news you hope for.

11 years ago

GM ladies!

@Emmy & BGGIrl- That'a a good sign when you get cramps I would think. I don't have any today really.
I would also think that no symptoms is a bad sign and the luteal phase is very inactive if the egg is never fertilized. Gosh I hope I'm wrong! Good luck lady.. are you testing next week on a certain day?

@MrsMullen - I'm sorry for your results as well lady. Does it mean you can still get pregnant if the level is low? Do you get your level tested because that has been what the doctors have decided is your main problem with fertility? I ask because I'm going to the infertility clinic next Friday if I'm not pregnant and starting the whole process of trying to find out why its hard for us.

But on a good note, I asked my friend at work who is now pregnant and she said she didn't have any symptoms at all before she found out, so here's hopin it doesn't mean anything to not have symptoms! Right! :)

Married 7/17/11 In our late 20's TTC as of 3/1/2012 Never been pregnant User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

11 years ago • Post starter

I definitely think it means nothing if you have no symptoms. I got pregnant without knowing it years ago and had no idea that I was pregnant until I realized that I was two days late for my period. I remember thinking back through the weeks before and not feeling that there were any signs. I ended up having a MC weeks later but I had no clue I was pregnant until I took the pregnancy test.

And all the research that I do shows that only 17-21% of pregnant women any of the symptoms we watch for.. that means that 79-83% of women don't have any symptoms this early!! You would be in the majority!

11 years ago

Hey there ladies!! My friend who is a fertility RN in Indy was telling me after my really short cycle last month, I should at least see if I am 1.)actually ovulating (which it was determined that I am) 2.) producing enough progesterone to support a pregnancy. Well, she hit the nail on the head with that one b/c as I said before, my level was just too low. I may still conceive right now, but my lining will not be what it needs to be in order to support a successful pregnancy. My friend also thinks that if they can start me on progesterone ASAP it may change but I am thinking that it may be too late in the cycle. I should be getting a call back from my docs office here soon so I will keep u all posted;) At this point, I am already looking into cycle 8 with a positive attitude;)
Thank you ladies for being so awesome!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo