Community post

Discussion

October 2015 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Ladies,

Let's have a positive month! Hopefully we'll see a lot of BFPs.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

184 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 184 Replies | Last Page

@margie - I am impressed with your determination to not test until Saturday. I always told myself i would test and then always chickened out. I tested one time during IVF, on 5dpt and it was negative. I was too scared to test again until after i got the call that my blood work was positive. Then i tested like a hundred times a day! I told myself...i will test as much as I want after i know, but for now, it's too early and I dont want the "maybe" thoughts.

@I<3kids - Im sorry. :( When is AF due?

8 years ago

Hey ladies, sorry I've been MIA for awhile, things have been crazy around here! As you know, the doc wants us to do the dye study before we try another round, and she wants to do injectable meds too. Well that's all going to be super expensive because our insurance covers just about nothing, so we're going to have to wait until January when we get more school money.

ANYWAY, one of our other parenting goals is to be foster/adoptive parents. We tried a couple of years ago but we got denied - they kept saying it was just going to take longer and longer, but we think it was because the woman in charge didn't like the fact that we're a same-sex couple. But we decided to try again, and we thought it would take several months to do everything. But we somehow ended up in an accelerated class that's only 5 weeks instead of 10, and it starts THIS SATURDAY! We want babies, about 0-3 years old. Apparently there are lots available right now because of the crazy heroin problem here in Kentucky. Basically what all that means is that we could have babies in the house in as little as 6-8 weeks!!! So clearly we've been running around like crazy people trying to get ready. We basically have to have the whole house ready, nursery set up, and everything baby-proofed by the time of our home study, which could be in just a few weeks. FREAKING OUT! :-O but in a good way

8 years ago

Bridget, that is AMAZING!!! I am so excited for you both!! Adopting is one of the biggest gifts you can do for yourself. We fostered and adopted and that child is the greatest gift we were ever given.

LS, AF is due today. With nothing in sight.

8 years ago

Bridget- I'm in KY too! Where are you?

User Image

8 years ago

Crazy!! I'm in Louisville, how about you guys?

8 years ago

We are in the Richmond/Lexington area. But our fertility doc was in Louisville! Who do you go to? We saw Dr. Archer at Fertility First!

User Image

8 years ago

We see Dr. Homm and Dr. Devine at Fertility and Endocrine Associates over at Norton Hospital. I can't believe you live so close to us - we were just in Lex last weekend!! We might need to meet soon! Maybe go baby shopping or something :)

8 years ago

Bridget- that's awesome news! And so quickly!

i<3kids- sorry about your BFN. But if she's not here yet, it's not quite over yet!

afm- had my CD 12 ultrasound today and it was very disappointing. Small follicles- one close to maturity at 17 and a couple 15.5s. The doctor gave us only two options- trigger right away at the appointment and go in tomorrow afternoon for IUI #3 or scrap the whole cycle and hope for being able to do #3 in December with a new plan. We tried to push for at least another day or two before trigger but they refused, citing some of the smaller ones they thought would be too mature by then and a fear of "multiple multiples" (their words), even though we said we'd be okay with that. I think it had more to do with them not wanting to do something inconvenient for their schedules than actual timing, which is very frustrating.

After a few minutes alone and some tears we decided to give this round a try, even though the significant cost and very low possibility of success is weighing heavily on our minds. We're scheduled for 3:30 tomorrow. We don't have a lot of hope for this one, so I'm not sure how this 2ww will go.

8 years ago

@2mom - I am sorry this cycle has been so frustrating for you. I have to say though, the choice to risk multiples should be your decision 100%. Regardless if that was an excuse or not. I find that frustrating because it sounds like a lot like our first fertility clinic. It seemed all about convenience for them and i never felt listened to. We moved on from that clinic and had success elsewhere. I am not suggesting you do the same, i am just saying that if you do not feel you are getting the care and attention you should be, you should keep your options open.

Sometimes when you least expect it and you feel like everything is going against you, something good comes from it. FX this is your cycle!!

8 years ago

2mom: I hope that your cycle works out for you. It really does only take one follicle! I don't feel too hopeful; the test was stark white.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo