Community post

Journal

One step forward, two steps back

So we've started down the road to IVF. I had no idea it would be this frustrating. After taking a few months off from TTC, we decided to start moving forward with the IVF paperwork. Once we finally had all of the requisite paperwork completed and sent in, finding a fax machine is not always easy or cheap as it turns out, we were told that we had to get a series of tests done. Fine, more blood work NBD, SIS for a better picture of my uterus (also leading to one of the weirdest compliments I've ever received), great whatever.

When I first tried to get my day 3 bloodwork done, it hadn't been requested properly, so now I'm waiting again for day 3. I did manage to get the blood work for both myself and DH entered into the system, although not in time to get it done during this cycle. When DH called to book his SA, he was told he couldn't because it wasn't in the system yet... another delay. Apparently the Doctor hadn't signed off on it at that point. So DH finally managed to get his SA booked... for late March. Sigh... That was partly his fault for waiting.

All of this is happening just before I'm due to go away for two months with work. I finally asked the clinic if we would be able to do the orientation this month before I leave. They were good enough to tell me I could, we would have to pay the deposit for the cycle at that time and if our tests came back abnormal we wouldn't be refunded. I'm really not worried about our tests. We've had all of the tests done through the clinic before AND we've done all of our IUIs through them as well. I'm a bit concerned that the lab screwed up which blood work I needed to get done and when but I'm hopeul that everything is good to go (and I'm planning on calling the lab the day AF shows up so I know I'm good to go for testing.)

The downside is that the only date I can make it to the orientation is a day when I know DH has meetings all day... I'm going to talk to him tonight but I'm not overly hopeful that things are going to work out in my favour. if he can't I'll be going back and asking for their dates in May and if we can still join the June cycle with an orientation that late. The fun and questions never end. It really is one step forward two steps back getting ready for IVF.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

0 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo