Community post

Journal

Vacation blues

So DH and I are on vacation. The first day was wonderful. We had a nice romantic trip to see Niagara Falls. He took me out to dinner and we had chocolate covered strawberries in the room for dessert.

The depressing part started when I got to the second part of our trip. I knew that dealing with my sister would be stressfully and it is. I woke up yesterday sobbing from a nightmare about her being pregnant again, while I'm still struggling to conceive my first. The rest of the day went ok. I saw one of my best friends and my time with her was wonderful. Except for where we ran into an old coworker who asked if I had kids yet. When I said we didn't he told me multiple times I should start having kids. *sigh* I didn't say anything. I knew he meant well. Supper with my sister was as awkward as ever and she started getting snippy with me by the end of it. I finished off the day with a walk with DH and my brother to calm me down. I wish I could take a leaf from his book and leave the city for a few days but unfortunately I have too much to do here.

Today actually went better in some ways. We got a bunch of stuff accomplished that we needed to. I also got to babysit for my beautiful baby niece. She 7 months old and has so much personality. The down side was when I took her back to her parents I ended up in a group conversation with my sister, BIL, a few neighbours and my mother. This could've been ok except I was asked if I have one or two kids. I told them that I didn't have any and was told once again I should start. Then my BIL said I could be pregnant now and I'm just not saying because of the wedding and then made a follow up joke about me having triplets. My mother then helpfully chimed in that twins run in DH's family. The conversation continued for a few more minutes and I was forced to paste a forced smile on my face and grit my teeth. Both my mother and my BIL know that we're having trouble and that I don't appreciate jokes like that. I got a BFN on Saturday but my temps are still up for the time being. I'm just not super convinced that this is my month. If it's not I'm on to IUI #5 with a possibility of IVF if the IUI continue to not work.

I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of this week sober. I'm starting to hate vacations to visit families. On the plus side my next vacation is to the beach with friends and they already know what we're going through so they won't ask.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

2 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

OH Sweetie! I am so sorry you are having a rough vacation with family. Believe me I know how hard those can be. I have been stalking you throughout your journey here. By now I probably would've snapped...so kudos to you for pasting on a forced smile. Hang in there sweetie! *HUGS* It will happen! I know it will! Look at me...2 1/2 years later and we finally got lucky...my thoughts and prayers are with you.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

8 years ago

Thanks lolo. I really appreciate it. I know I will grow my family eventually it's just hard to be constantly reminded that I haven't succeeded yet. Plus my sister has been a real treat. She complained that everyone has left her alone but she's rude and unpleasant any time I'm around her for more than a few minutes.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo