Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 with CLOMID!!! Looking for Cycle Buddies!!

View Full Post

Hey ya'll my name is Stacey and I am 30 years old and have been married to the love of my life for almost 6 years!! I have PCOS and we have never conceived. I also recently lost 60 lbs which you could find on my youtube channel (it follows both my weight loss and TTC journey)! http://www.youtube.com/LifeWithStaceyD . I am so excited that this is our first time TTC with clomid! I am on Cycle day 3 and just took my first 50mg clomid!!! Let's all be friends and share our experiences this month!!!!

282 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 282 Replies | Last Page

Oh, and I FINALLY went to the Dr about my tummy troubles...turns out I'm lactose intolerant and have been since I was a teenager! That explains so much! So I've been taking lactase supplements with my meals and I've felt sooooooo much better!

Linda

9 years ago

I think I'm gonna take it a little earlier this time maybe 2-6? I dunno! Someone said the earlier you take it the more eggs you produce and the.later you take it you get less eggs but larger more mature eggs! Can't hurt to try, cycle one of clomid was a bust

Mill

9 years ago

millbarnett I always took it days 2-6. You will almost always end up with just one large dominant follicle, unless you overstimulate. It may be that taking it earlier makes you start developing more follicles at the beginning. I always had one dominant follicle close to ovulation in my 7 cycles of clomid anyway.

2Frsty that is great you sorted your tummy troubles! That kind of thing can often be hard to diagnose. I have gone through stages of terrible tummy times and discovered it had to be linked to what I was having for breakfast but I never quite worked out which component! All okay now, I have a very different breakfast though! With the false positives on clomid I don't know if they show up right away. It might only be late in the clomid taking and some women definitely get them in the few days after finishing ckomid.

9 years ago

2Frsty - that's awesome they figured it out!!!

mill - i always took clomid from days 3-7. i started at 25mg then 50mg. i would make anywhere from 1-4 follicles. luckily i O'd early the time with 4 follicles so only 2 went :) that's the cycle i finally got pregnant. GL!

AFM, 11 weeks. had my first doc appt. it literally took her about 5 minutes of searching with the doppler to find the heartbeat for only 2 seconds. so yay she found it, but i'm really bummed how brief it was, so not satisfying :( it would've helped me believe things are all OK. it doesn't help my uterus is shifted to the right. she was happy with the pelvic exam and said my uterus is the right size. so praying everything goes well!!

TTC #1 since October 2012. Me: Diagnosed with Graves' (Feb. 2013) and Celiac (July 2013) disease. Doctor suspicious of stage I endometriosis (Jan. 2014) DH: SA very good in Jan. 2014 Me:30 DH:29 April 14th first BFP!!! EDD is Dec. 26th! please send !!! User Image User Image

9 years ago

Ooo that is exciting you got to hear the heartbeat though Firsttimemommy30! I have my first midwife appointment in two days. I will be 9 weeks 5/6 days so not sure what to expect. I don't know if they use a doppler to check, especially this early. I will find out I suppose!

I have felt a bit better today than I have been. Still got a wave of nausea this afternoon though and don't feel like dinner again.

We actually ended up telling my parents on the weekend. We weren't planning to but my grandmother is in hospital and probably about to die very soon so I thought that they needed something good to think about, and I also wanted my father to tell her that we are pregnant before she dies (he has flown down to say goodbyes). I hope he can do that. I really want her to know. it is very sad as we had just booked flight to go to a big family reunion later this year. I will be 21 weeks so could have shown her my belly.

9 years ago

Oh Shelob im so sorry That made me cry (damn hormones)
Is it possible to ring the hospital and speak to her on the phone? A nurse can hold the phone for you grandmother and you could tell her? Not sure how far your father has to travel and im sure you would want to be the one to tell her if it were possible.

BabyFruit Ticker

9 years ago

Shelob--> I am so very sad for this time in your family's lives. Just got news that my BFF is in stage 4 cancer. She's like a 2nd Mom for me. Praying she hold out long enough to hear the good news!

Linda

9 years ago

My doctor never said anything about taking clomidat the same time everyday?I have read lots of diff things. The bottle even says just once daily. I have been taking it in the afternoon everyday within 2-3 hr difference. Like one time at 12:30 and another day at 3:30! Is this going to affect my results?

Mill

9 years ago

millbarnett--> I've never had it affect mine. I always take mine in the morning, but with my son up at different times it's never exactly the same time. I'm sure you'll be fine!

Linda

9 years ago

Precise timing to taking clomid isn't necessary but you want it as evenly spaced as possible so that it can be most controlled and therefore most effective. I just always took it right before bed and always had a normal response.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo