Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 with CLOMID!!! Looking for Cycle Buddies!!

View Full Post

Hey ya'll my name is Stacey and I am 30 years old and have been married to the love of my life for almost 6 years!! I have PCOS and we have never conceived. I also recently lost 60 lbs which you could find on my youtube channel (it follows both my weight loss and TTC journey)! http://www.youtube.com/LifeWithStaceyD . I am so excited that this is our first time TTC with clomid! I am on Cycle day 3 and just took my first 50mg clomid!!! Let's all be friends and share our experiences this month!!!!

282 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 282 Replies | Last Page

shelob - i also have preseed to use 'if needed', i really like it! i guess we'll see if it affects CM this month

AFM, CD7, took my last dose of clomid tonight. follicle scan on CD12, hope it looks good!

TTC #1 since October 2012. Me: Diagnosed with Graves' (Feb. 2013) and Celiac (July 2013) disease. Doctor suspicious of stage I endometriosis (Jan. 2014) DH: SA very good in Jan. 2014 Me:30 DH:29 April 14th first BFP!!! EDD is Dec. 26th! please send !!! User Image User Image

10 years ago

Ok so I am on cycle day 12 and I think 4DPO but not sure! I took my clomid for the first time and I took an ovulation test it was negative a few days after my period, which is good because I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to give me a false positive because my Dr said it can do that with PCOS. Then it was positive days 6-9 and now negative again! Do yall think that means I really did ovulate! And how do you know when since 4 days said positive!?! I go one week from Monday to get my progesterone taken and 2 weeks from monday I take my preggy test!! I'm so nervous! OH and side effects from the clomid have been major irratability and awful headaches but nothing else!!! Should I be going in for a follicle test too?? My Dr didn't set me an appointment or is that something I have to request!

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi there. Follicle tests are for before you ovulate. If you
have too many follicles then you are not allowed to have sex because of the risk of multiples. Did you have an estradiol blood test? That can also give an indication of follicle development and therefore whether or not it would be useful to have a scan.

With the ovulation. Sometimes people find they can get positive OPKs while on the clomid so the advice is to not start using them until 3 or 4 days after you finish it. This is because clomid is designed to stimulate your body into producing more LH, which the OPK measures. If you started your clomid on CD3 then you should only start using OPKs round CD10. You are expected to ovulate 5-12 days after your last tablet. I would keep using the OPKs until you are sure you ovulated. If you want to know the exact date you ovulate I strongly recommend charting your BBT as it is really the only way to be sure of it.

I am on CD13 now and waiting to ovulate. Had a good estradiol level a few days ago and ovulation cramping the past three days but I don't think I will ovulate for another few days based on previous patterns. We always seem to be waiting ay??

10 years ago

Hi ladies! I am on cycle day 13, but wanted to share my success story. I was TTC for 12 years (I also have PCOS) and had taken Clomid several times over the years. December 2012 I decided to try the Clomid one more time, not really expecting any results but more to appease DH. I had been on Metformin for PCOS for about 3 years with no success, but it helped to regulate my periods, so I stayed on it. That December was the 1st time I had taken Clomid and Metformin together. I got my 1st that very first cycle! I continued the Metformin through my 1st trimester, and today I have a gorgeous healthy BIG 22 pound 5 month old baby boy! DH and I decided to start trying again for a little girl since he's recently reenlisted in the Army and will be going to Korea this November for 9 months. I'm hoping to get a before he leaves! This cycle I didn't take any Clomid (honestly, it's because the movers packed up my bathroom stuff and it's in storage!) I've taken 2 tests that both came up so I'm going to try to go out there tomorrow and see if I can't find my Clomid for next cycle. Wishing to everyone!

Linda

10 years ago

shelob - great info!!! thanks so much!!

frsty - thanks for sharing your story! baby dust to you!

AFM, CD12. took 25mg clomid days 3-7 this cycle. today was my follicle scan. good news is we have a 26mm follicle on the left. for comparison, my sonoHSG last cycle was on CD11 and my largest was 15mm on my right. normally i O on CD15. doc is like yeah, you're gonna go early. and i purposely delayed opk's this cycle! dang it. normally i start CD10, but i figured let's take a chill pill this cycle. oops. oh well. so i take my opk digital and i urinated too much and flushed the dye too much and it errored. when checked later the line looks pretty dang dark. i had some cheap target brand opk left over from october so i took one of those and it's maybe positive. normally i get a positive opk and ovulate the same day (doc said it's kinda strange, but can happen in like 10% of gals). been feeling ovary pain all day on the left. we BD'd twice on my birthday, saturday. we BD'd after DH got home this afternoon. BD likely tomorrow also. totally throws off my BD less plan this month, but oh well, maybe that's for the better since obviously my last plans didn't work out :p i saw my doc diagnosed me with CL deficiency. our plan is to not supplement progesterone this cycle and do a progesterone check at 8DPO to see if the clomid makes me ovulate better, and therefore make a better CL to kick out progesterone.

TTC #1 since October 2012. Me: Diagnosed with Graves' (Feb. 2013) and Celiac (July 2013) disease. Doctor suspicious of stage I endometriosis (Jan. 2014) DH: SA very good in Jan. 2014 Me:30 DH:29 April 14th first BFP!!! EDD is Dec. 26th! please send !!! User Image User Image

10 years ago

Thanks so much Sheilo!!!

10 years ago • Post starter

Well I am happy today! Having also decided to take a relaxed approach this cycle, I am about to ovulate tomorrow (based on OPKs and DREADFUL ovulation pains for the past three days). I am CD15 so this will be the earliest I have ovulated in months. My average is CD18 on clomid so I really wasn't expecting this! It really does throw off the BD plan for us too, but fortunately we felt like it on Sunday so we are actually on track anyway!

We discovered a few days ago that my husband has some sperm issues. It was all great when it was last checked a year and a half ago so it is really frustrating, but at least explains our problems better! So I don't really know if we can concevie without IVF, but will give it another go!!!

10 years ago

@ Shelob--> My husband also has sperm issues; it's low, especially for a guy his age. Not terribly low, but low enough to have the doctor's concern. We still managed to conceive. Keep your chin up. It'll happen!

AFM: Still a crabby ass all day long, but got A LOT accomplished! has still not shown her ugly head. Before pregnancy I was always 28-29 days like clockwork, but the 3 periods I've had since I had John haven't been that regular. Last month's was 28 days on the nose though. I felt a bit crampy earlier so I put on a pad, but all I've gotten is a tiny bit of pink spotting. I've taken 5 tests that have all come back so I'm sure it's just taking her sweet time to get going.

Linda

10 years ago

2Frsty we did manage to get pregnant over a year ago, after a year of trying but miscarried. We had had a sperm analysis done only a few months before that and it was "spectacular" so it had taken us a year even with great sperm. Hence I am really not feeling optimistic. I am not too discouraged by it right at the moment though as I know that we are only a couple of months away from getting on the IVF waiting list. It is nice to have a plan of action rather than just endless waiting and not ebing sure when the waiting would end! That is great you got your baby even with sperm issues. It is encouraging! Was it just slightly low numbers? My husbands also have motility issues. That is the biggest problem because even if there are plenty of sperm, you can't fertilise an egg if they won't swim anywhere!!

10 years ago

@Shelob--> DH's numbers were slightly low. I wanna say they were 15 million where they should've been at least 20 million. They said that his mobility was good, the numbers were just low. Have you gone to see the doctor about IVF? DH and I were going to give it a few more months and then consider IVF or adoption. Luckily we didn't have to go that route! It's so expensive!!

AFM: Well the spotting last night graduated into a full blown by this morning. But that's okay. I'm gonna start the Clomid this cycle. I think I started taking it on CD 2 last time. When are y'all taking it?

Linda

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo