Community post

Discussion

Whos excied to start ttc for the 1st time!

View Full Post

My husband and i are coming up on our 1st wedding anniversary and our fourth year being together and this is going to be our first month ttc. We are VERY excited! I have a doc apt aug 15 for pre pregnancy checkup then the fun part will start :)

I just finished my last pack of bc pills and am hoping my cycles and ovulation will get back on track pronto! Before bc i usually had about a 26 day cycle. Heres hoping for a bfp by september! We wont be using any fertility aides yet. We decided to give it a few months just letting nature take its course.

We have always loved eachother and had a very healthy and happy relationship but its hard to explain how your heart feels when you decide your ready to make a new life with the person you love! My heart is so happy!

Who else is excited to start this journey? I want to hear other stories and follow and support eachother until we get our BFP's

145 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 145 Replies | Last Page

Hi trying! I should be 1 dpo today! We have the same 2ww :)
Lynn, it def looks +!
Love good luck and hoping for that bfp! Ur right, this does seem to be a lucky group!

11 years ago • Post starter

Congrats lynn! We should have little babies around the same time!

Love, I had sore boobs, fatigue, and mild cramping before my BFP, and now (5 weeks preggers) I have very sore and swollen boobs, fatigue plus insomnia at night, and I'm hungry all the time!

Trying, I would say get yourself some OPKs! They showed me that I ovulated late in my cycle and I took vit. B6 and then got pregnant the first month after that!

Sanders, I hope this is your month girl!!

11 years ago

@Love82 when did you O? I think we may be on the same time frame.

User Image

11 years ago

Hey Firsttimer, I ovulated on the 27th- I am pretty sure.

I just took a test this morning. I was so excited! But, then I got a negative. A really obvious, no question about it negative :(

I was so hoping that thsi was going to be positive. I had my husband study it for a while to make sure there was nothting there.

I know I will get over it, but right now, I feel like this is the worst birthday ever.

On the plus side, my husband has been great. I think he is really starting to understand how I am feeling. I think he figured that I was for sure pregant this month and this was a bit of a shock to him as well.

I am a little realy in my testing, so I may try again in the next few days and see what happens.

Bugger :(

11 years ago

@Sanders - That's cool that we're at the same DPO (or almost!). Are you feeling anything? I know it's crazy early, but some women swear they can feel stuff immediately. I am not one of those women, at least not this month! :) Had a little cramping the day before yesterday, probably just from O, nothing serious. I had some EWCM this month, which I don't always get, so that was exciting!

@Lynn & mjmcfarlane - Congrats! How exciting! MJ, I have been wondering if I should get some OPKs... but DH and I are more NTNP right now and I think if I came home with OPKs he would freak out a little bit! :) He is in between jobs and I know he wants a baby but right now he is pretty stressed about money. This is only our third month of BDing without protection, so I'd like to give it a little more time. That's so awesome to know about the B6 though and that you got pregnant right away after! If we don't get pregnant in the next few months I am going to be following your advice for sure!

@love Happy birthday lady and I'm sorry you didn't get better news today! But if you O'd on Sept. 27 doesn't that only put you at 9DPO? Still plenty of time to get your BFP, I think!! The calculator on here says that your implantation possible hasn't even happened yet - so I am sending you lots of happy, sticky vibes. I hope you can still enjoy your birthday! You should have a margarita ;) - one good thing about the baby not implanting yet and no placenta yet is that you wouldn't be passing alcohol to it! (That's what I do when I get AF to console myself... I know you haven't gotten AF yet but just sayin' it's like the one positive I can take out of getting a BFN haha)... Anyway I am sending you lots of hugs and birthday wishes!

User Image

11 years ago

@love - I just used the implantation calculator for you and apparently 9DPO is the most common implantation day and 10 and 11DPO are also quite common. I'm sure you've already used the calculator, but just wanted to try to reassure you a bit!

So your little one could be implanting today - that might be a good birthday present! Not as good as a BFP of course but still pretty good!

User Image

11 years ago

Love- sorry lady:( but tryings right & it might be too early. Alot of women dont even get a faint line until 12 dpo! Dont let it ruin your birthday! Go out and have a good time with hubby!

Trying- I dont know if im crazy, but since my O day my stomach has been bubbling and gurgling like crazy! (Not like i need to run to Ithe restroom) i usually get this feeling the day before af but no other time that i can remember. It was so noticable this afternoon hubby was laughing at me from across the room. Im not hungry sick or anything and its been really weird. Im not goin to go TOO crazy overanalyzing my symptoms but i can already tell its gonna be a LONG 2ww. My nipps have been sensitive today BUT it turned super cold this morning and i think my sports bra has irritated them......
Did either of u preggo ladies get the weird bubbling tummies? :)

OH.... Trying,
About the OPKs. I LOVED using them. Hubby and i were ntnp either and i was afraid they would freak him out to. On the contrary, he was really cool about it when i explained what they were to him. (In very dumbed down terms. Lol) i explained how this determined a good window for babymakin time. I was pretty sure he might try a couple but never thought to count and recheck hahaha. They were good for me because i think i got my + on days 10 & 11 which means i O a little early. I saw a faint + coming up 2 days before and knew it was soon so we bd'd like crazy. They did take us out of the just goin with it mood and into the lets make this happen mode! But they werent scary or anything and it got him to be more in tune with me on my seriousness for this. Oddly, they kind of brought us closer and made our love making really fun and passionate on the nights that we had a 'goal'! Sorry if TMI....

Hi Sanders! I've been noticing some burbling and twinges today on the right side of my abdomen too! I would almost think maybe I hadn't O'd yet, but my CM has changed pretty dramatically so I'm pretty sure I did O when i think I did. Also, my CM is sticky but I feel like there is more of it...

Today I'm also noticing a heightened sense of smell but I have learned from my other cycles not to put too much hope in those kinds of symptoms because I am very good at tricking myself into thinking that I'm experiencing symptoms that aren't really there! So basically I'm waiting for "real" symptoms, like morning sickness, bleeding gums or nose, darkening areolas... Because it's all too easy for me to obsess over every twinge, every bit of "nausea," every stuffy nose, etc.

And thanks for the advice about the OPKs. I am definitely going to think about it! Maybe it wouldn't freak DH out as much as I've anticipated!

User Image

11 years ago

@Sanders - one more thing, my cervix has been way lower than normal. I know that a low cervix is not supposed to be a good sign, but my cervix is always so high that I can barely reach it OR so high I can't reach it at all. And I read things about how a change in symptoms can be a good sign, so I have to admit I am curious about my super low cervix...

(I also know that cervix position is not a reliable indicator of pregnancy, but hey, it's something else for me to wonder about. :) )

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo