Community post

Discussion

Whos excied to start ttc for the 1st time!

View Full Post

My husband and i are coming up on our 1st wedding anniversary and our fourth year being together and this is going to be our first month ttc. We are VERY excited! I have a doc apt aug 15 for pre pregnancy checkup then the fun part will start :)

I just finished my last pack of bc pills and am hoping my cycles and ovulation will get back on track pronto! Before bc i usually had about a 26 day cycle. Heres hoping for a bfp by september! We wont be using any fertility aides yet. We decided to give it a few months just letting nature take its course.

We have always loved eachother and had a very healthy and happy relationship but its hard to explain how your heart feels when you decide your ready to make a new life with the person you love! My heart is so happy!

Who else is excited to start this journey? I want to hear other stories and follow and support eachother until we get our BFP's

145 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 145 Replies | Last Page

Hello Ladies,

Althought this isn't my first month TTC, it is my first month using pre-seed.
This is my 3rd month TTC and I am currently 4dpo. Not feeling like this is my month, but i gotta wait it out.

mcfarlane- I too Ovulate late in my cycle...CD18, and have a 10 day luteal phase. I also started Vit B6 this cycle in hopes to increase my phase by a day or two. Otherwise is due october 4th, but hoping 5-6th due to the B6. But wishing it doesn't show at all!!!

Anywho, I too just celebrated my one year wedding anniversary the weekend I ovulated actually, been with DH for 8 years tho this october.

Good Luck ladies this month with getting your

<a href=

11 years ago

Welcome lynn!
From what ive read preseed is the miracle stuff! Congrats on ur anniversary! Mine and hubbys is Monday! :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Mrs.Sanders1001- Thank you!
Congrats to you too! I have read alot of great things about preseed as well, trying not to get my hopes up cause you never know, maybe one of those couples that it take a few tries with.

I look forward to hearing (reading) about everyones journey's!!

<a href=

11 years ago

Well I am 10 DPO and CD 30 and last month I got a BFP on 10 DPO only to get AF the next day.... So I have a lot going on this weekend and if I don't get AF I will test on Monday.

I'm glad you got your pos. OPK Love! I know it's hard, but give your body a few months to ovulate on its own.

Sanders, I think the OPK strips are very good, let me know if you choose to do BBT, I might if I'm not preggers.

I had cramps on 2-4 DPO and I've had sore breasts since 8-9 DPO.

Lets hope this is our month ladies!!

11 years ago

Good Luck McFarlane!

Please post your results. It is also nice to hear your symptoms. Earlier this year I took a pregnancy test for fun and got a postive. It was very unexpected because we were not trying. After the shock, I was very excited. A few days later AF came and a heavy bleed. Drs said it was a chemical pregnancy. Apparently this happens to 70% of women the first time they concieve it is just that our tests are so senstive these days otherwise we woudl have just thought our period was a few days late.

The good news is that you made it over that hurddle and now you know that your body can actually make an embryo!

I am on day 17 in my cycle and have a postive OPK so wish me good luck.

BTW I think that the OPK are a really good idea. I would have no idea that I ovulated this late. We coudl have spend months trying on the wrong day. If your lifestyle does not allow for love making everysecond night (I have to get on an airplane to see my husband) than this is a really good option.

Also, welcome Lynn!

11 years ago

Thanks Love

6DPO and I'm starting to get nervous...really hoping the B6 has helped lengthen my luteal phase so that I get my BFP next week.

<a href=

11 years ago

Mcfarlane- im soooo hoping af hasnt arrived and this is ur month!

I have beento Bbt chartng but its been slightly sporadic. I forgot one morning, hubby had moved my thermometer another, and i slept in til 7 when i normally do it at 5 on saturday. So 3 out pf my 7first days were higher than what i can only guess as my norm.....
My OPKs came in the mail though and i did my very first one yesterday (-).

I was very surprised by my hubby. I had orderrd them without really telling him as i got the feeling he just wanted to go with the flow and didnt want to 'work for it' so when the package came of course i told him what they were im not going to hide it and instead of notur caring or beingu weird aboutto them he was extremely curious and i think excited about them. Lol. I had to explain exactly how they work and show him mine after i used it. (Oddly im pretty sure if i leave him alone in the house he WILL try one)

I think our friends getting pg before us affected him a little to....

Hes leavimg today for work and i should O at anytime this week. Im planning two trips tuesday and thursday to 'visit' him and definitely on whatever day i get my + opk. This is only the second time hes gone out if town for work and BOTH times so far have been during O. Im gonna have to have a talk with his boss lol.

SO.........I'M PREGNANT!!!!
Here's how it happened....
I got my positive OPK on Sept. 17th which was CD 20 for me. We had been on a weekend getaway the 3 days before that and I ovulated on the day we went home (I get O cramps, so I'm pretty certain of when I ovulate).
We BDd every day we were gone and the day we got home and maybe twice the rest of that week.
I should have gotten AF on Sept. 26th (for a 28 day cycle) but I had been taking vit. B6 since the day I ovulated (to lengthen my LP), so I assumed that my cycle was going to be a bit longer this month. I had a huge exam for grad school on Friday (Sept. 28th, CD 31, 11 DPO) so I sorta forgot about being 3 days late... After I was done with my exam I went to run errands and remembered I was out of AF supplies... So I went to Dollar General and picked up some pads and their version of an early response test. Talk about a bipolar purchase! I then ran over to the grocery store and POAS, the positive line came up right away (faint but there!) so I ran out of the bathroom and showed the first female employee I could find to see if she was seeing what I was seeing! Sure enough, it was a positive!!! I called my doctor and scheduled a blood test for Monday (Oct. 1st, 14 DPO). I took the test home and looked at it and well, the line sorta faded.... I was a bit disappointed but hubby and I had plans for the evening so I didn't tell him yet and was waiting to use a digital (men respond well to actual WORDS) with my FMU on Saturday (12 DPO).
I have noticed that the past week I have been waking up at 4 or 5 to pee (never happened before) so at 6 I finally got up and used the last digital test I had. Within a minute there it was.... PREGNANT!!!
I quickly ran downstairs and made a card for my hubby and put it on his nightstand. We love charlie brown and the Peanuts gang, so this was the first thing I thought of to tell him the big news! The front of the card had a picture of charlie brown and said,
Roses are Red, Violets are blue,
(the inside of the card said...)
There is a PEANUT in my belly,
that will look just like you!
coming June 2013!

We are so happy and my hubby immediately got online to look up college savings plans for our little peanut. I will still go on Monday to get a blood test, but so far no signs of bleeding or cramping!
My TWW symptoms really were not different than what I would expect from AF symptoms, except waking up early morning to pee.
I hope you all have wonderful success in TTC and will soon experience the joy of a BFP!!!!!
Baby dust!!

11 years ago

Ohhhh Mcfarlane!!!!! Im sooo happy for u! What a perfect trip that im sure you'll remember forever! Have a happy and healthy 9 months! Thats so cute about ur husband looking up college funds lol. It sounds like ur little peanut will be very lucky to have wonderful parents like u!

Congratulations!!!!

I love what you did you tell your hubby, so cute!!

<a href=

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo