Community post

Discussion

Whos excied to start ttc for the 1st time!

View Full Post

My husband and i are coming up on our 1st wedding anniversary and our fourth year being together and this is going to be our first month ttc. We are VERY excited! I have a doc apt aug 15 for pre pregnancy checkup then the fun part will start :)

I just finished my last pack of bc pills and am hoping my cycles and ovulation will get back on track pronto! Before bc i usually had about a 26 day cycle. Heres hoping for a bfp by september! We wont be using any fertility aides yet. We decided to give it a few months just letting nature take its course.

We have always loved eachother and had a very healthy and happy relationship but its hard to explain how your heart feels when you decide your ready to make a new life with the person you love! My heart is so happy!

Who else is excited to start this journey? I want to hear other stories and follow and support eachother until we get our BFP's

145 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 145 Replies | Last Page

hi! just wanted to jump in on the conversation because this is our first month TTC as well! My husband and I have been together for 5 years and will be married for 1 yr in Dec. We decided to start trying on the 5th (which I believe was my O-day, in hindsight). I am so excited to start testing!!! I am not sure how to STOP obsessing over thoughts of being pg and having a little one. I am still just very excited as it took some convincing to get my husband on board! Good luck to everyone :D

11 years ago

Good luck wheabl! Thanks for joining. U dont have TOO much longer before u can test! Baby dust to you. And i know how it goes getting the husband on board. We feel theres so much we need to do before a baby comes! Id been pressuring him (jokingly) for a few months and hed just shrug it off. Then one night i told him he could have a toy (dirt bike or four wheeler) and i could have a baby..... and he just agreed! He even said no to the toy that hed take that money and put new hardwood floors in the house. Hes even talking about remodeling the sparebedroom. I didnt even think he was considering it one bit but now hes 100% in it. (I couldnt be more surprised....or happy (: )

11 years ago • Post starter

Has anyone started BBT charting? I'm researching and deciding if I should do it.... We want to "let it just happen" but it is so hard to do that!!!!

11 years ago

I was going to try the first few months without doing it. Just doing the natural when it happens it happens way. Ive seen alot of people have really good results with it though!

So im 5 days late for AF. HPT sunday (yesterday) morning said negative though. I have endometriosis and usually have TERRIBLE cramps. I cramped slightly last wednesday but nothing since. Im happy I have a doc apt wednesday to see whats going on....

Hows everyone else doing?

Mrs.Sanders,
Sorry to hear about the neg. test. Are you late for a 26 day cycle or based on what your cycle was on bc? I hope the DR can help you figure out what's going on! I don't think I ovulated my first cycle off bc so my af came a few days late too...

I am using cheap internet OPK strips and I'm afraid I missed my LH surge! We were out of town this past weekend but I tested every day and we have been BDing every other day since CD8. I'm CD 15 so I should have ovulated today or yesterday and I usually can feel ovulation cramps... this is why I'm thinking about doing the BBT charting. We want to let everything go natural, but we are both nurses and it is proving difficult to not know what is going on.

BTW how old are you? I'm 24 and my DH is 25. We have been told by tons of people to just wait it out and enjoy our time alone together but we are just so excited to make our family grow!!!

11 years ago

Im 22 & DH is 26. We still feel young and theres always the feeling of "never being ready". Luckily were pretty financially stable and working on our VERY small house right now to sell next spring for a larger one. We also have very supportive family and friends and just feel its right to try to bring a child into our family!
As for enjoying your time together, you should enjoy it however you want to! If you want to be pregnant im sure that would just make your time together more special knowing the two of you created that! The PLAN is you'll be together FOREVER so im sure youll have many things in life to enjoy with eachother :)
Thats cool u are both nurses! Do u get to work with eachother? I can see BBT charting being useful by SEEING the changes in ur body. Especially since your in the medical field im sure you would find it even more intriguing. Especially if your husband would be into it to. Also you would find out sooner when it happened :)
My cycle before BC was 26to and on BC was 28. Im now 32 days from last withdrawal bleed (on bc) and i took bc most of the month but stopped about 4 days early in hopes that i would be done bleeding by the time we had a friends wedding to attend. Im thinking i just skipped it all together. I was on loestrin 24fe and my periods were pretty short on it anyway.... but still 2-3 days of very light but steady flow so this is the first time there was NOTHING. I figure ill have bloodwork and stuff done at my doc on wednesday so ill just wait and see what he says.

Do u have a normal 28 day cycle? Maybe u will just O late. Or i even hear of women that test twice a day so they dont miss LH surge. I always get O cramps but have never tested for it. I get confused enough with an HPT, i see things that arent there lol. Im all about the digital stuff!

I'm glad to have a young friend to go through this TTC stuff with! We also just finished updating our home (which was a "stipulation" for my husband before we started trying).
Luckily, I have a very regular 28 day cycle, I tested twice yesterday but nothing.... I'm on CD16 now so I either missed my surge, didn't ovulate yet, or I'm not ovulating at all... So I think it's time to buy a BBT chart!
I haven't ever used a digital test because I think I would cry seeing the words "not pregnant" in writing....
Anyways best of luck at your appt tomorrow!
baby dust to all!

11 years ago

MrsSanders,
How did the DR appt go?

11 years ago

Appt went awesome. Everything looked good. I completely skipped my period but results came back not pregnant so i guess it was just a fluke or stress...... doc told me he looked forward to seeing me in a couple months pregnant :)

I hope that happens!! I finally had a positive OPK at CD 18... So I think I have a short luteal phase.... I am also going to the DR in a few weeks so hopefully she will be able to help me get my cycle to be optimal for "baby making"!

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo