Community post

Discussion

Whos excied to start ttc for the 1st time!

View Full Post

My husband and i are coming up on our 1st wedding anniversary and our fourth year being together and this is going to be our first month ttc. We are VERY excited! I have a doc apt aug 15 for pre pregnancy checkup then the fun part will start :)

I just finished my last pack of bc pills and am hoping my cycles and ovulation will get back on track pronto! Before bc i usually had about a 26 day cycle. Heres hoping for a bfp by september! We wont be using any fertility aides yet. We decided to give it a few months just letting nature take its course.

We have always loved eachother and had a very healthy and happy relationship but its hard to explain how your heart feels when you decide your ready to make a new life with the person you love! My heart is so happy!

Who else is excited to start this journey? I want to hear other stories and follow and support eachother until we get our BFP's

145 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 145 Replies | Last Page

Well thats good that you finally got a +! I was a little dissapointed about my doc apt because of course after i got home i thought of all these otger things and questions i had. Lol. I thin. thats how it always works though. Im sad now.... i think if my cycle regulates out i should be ovulating around mid september and my hubby will be out of town. Talk about crappy luck. Lol. I may do the opks just to see if i may ovulate before or after hes back. (Luckily we have a pretty steady sex life so im sure well be covered....) beside itd be cool to see when it happens and if its back to normal after BC.....

Whens ur doc apt?

11 years ago • Post starter

My appt is Sept 7th. I always call the Dr. office and just talk to the nurse. They can answer most of your questions! I hope that you can get some BD times in before your hubs goes out of town!

11 years ago

So.... We have been on a roller coaster this past few days... I was due for AF on monday, no cramps, no sign, nothing.... So I tested and it was negative. On tuesday morning it was negative. On tuesday night around 9... a faint positive!! My DH and I were over the moon and somewhat nervous too! We ran out and bought a digital test to see the word "pregnant" in writing. I waited about 2 hrs and took the digital test... Not Pregnant. Woke up at 2am and did a cheap internet strip = neg. FMU and SMU today with the strip = neg. I talked to my Dr office and they said I could take a blood test but I don't want to get my hopes up.

And now it's wednesday afternoon and guess what!?! I have CRAMPS and spotting.... I am so depressed and disappointed. I thought this was it for us!

SO now I am late for my period (31 days of a normal 28 day cycle) and I think I just experienced a chemical pregnancy....

UGH this is so sad!

11 years ago

Oh i am so sorry! Thats terrible news. Of course weirder things have happened and youll know for sure after doc apt! I just started AF with light spotting yesterday and today. Its been a very weird month for us to....
I have started yoga classes and its been amazing. I would recomend it for stress relief and just time to yourself to let your worries go. Its made me have a more positive and laid back outlook on everything. You should try it!
Good luck to u and your hubby!

Ps.... when are i going to the doc?

I also love yoga! I am going to the Dr on Sept 7th. I will update after I get back!

11 years ago

Hello,

My husband and I start to try for a baby last month. We work in separate cities and and dont sleep in the same bed together. By chance, we did have sex just before I ovulated (on August 27, 8 dpo).

I figured there woudl be no way I could be pregnant on one time, but I have been super sick for the past 2 days. This is not normal for my body.

I took a pregnancy test today, but it was negative. I know it is a little early, but I am so anxious to find out.

What do you do to take your mind off the wait?

11 years ago

How did doc apt go mcfarlane?

And welcome Love! Sorry u and hubby work away from eachother :( I guess find other things to do to keep urself busy. Ive become pretty active with yoga and alot of girls nights with my friends. Oh.... ive been cleaning alot more to trying to keep busy. Lol

Welcome Love82! I make myself organize something in the house (i.e. under the kitchen sink) and use the HPT as a "reward" to myself for getting something around the house done!!

My appointment went really well! My doctor said that I probably was pregnant but my body's hormones were "all set" to have a period... in other words I had an "unfriendly environment" when the fertilized egg came to my uterus. This is probably because I ovulated late in my cycle. She said because of my age and since we've only been trying for a few months that we should wait until we have been trying for a year before seeing an infertility doctor, since my body may just figure out how to "stay pregnant".
As far as figuring out if I have endometriosis, I had lab work done and I am having a pelvic ultrasound sometime next week. So whenever the results are in about that I will update for sure!

Baby dust to all!!

11 years ago

Good news! My labs and pelvic ultrasound were normal! In fact, the ultrasound tech showed me the follicles in my ovaries that are most likely to drop eggs this cycle, so I should ovulate in a day or two. Which is good timing, since we are going out of town for a little weekend getaway to hopefully relax and make a baby!!!

How is everyone else's cycle going?

11 years ago

Thats awesome! Have fun on your getaway! My husband just got home yesterday after being gone all week. Im pretty sure i ovulated either tuesday or wednesday due to cramps..... so im probably out this month :) ) BUT.......at least maybe one of us will get a big + in a couple weeks!!! Good luck! Have alot of fun ;)

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo